Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open  (Read 17344 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2013, 11:30:05 am »

This guy right here.
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2013, 11:36:40 am »

Crew Chief Raulins
I never said you had to kill everyone. All I said was no one can escape the area of operations, whether human or exotic. Its your call how you go about that.

The area is occupied by a single two-story farmhous as well as a barn. There are two small cornfields and we suspect that the craft is located in one of them.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:23:33 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2013, 11:44:19 am »

STR -0
DEX -4
CON -1
INT -0
PER -3
CHA -1

Bonus +1 Dex added.

Edit'd. Better mix.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:09:15 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 20, 2013, 12:03:43 pm »

I do not know, but the crew chief called them exotics.  I say we look at this as if they are terrorist humans.  Unless they prove otherwise, the enemy is to be treated as any other enemy.  First thing we do when we touch down is to occupy any available cover.  We have the machine gunner and the shotgun man clearing a building with the SMG man to help.  The Radioman and the Radarman should set up a position out in the open.  They should be covered by those hidden in the buildings.  The other remaining two the one with the rifle and the one with the assault rifle should deploy to the right of the helicopter, in the field using what ever works as cover.  By the time we set up, we should have covered a good amount of ground, and be able to support the radar team.  I will be with the radar team assessing the battlefield.  The radar team should be a very good target for the aliens.  We'll either run into them when deploying or we'll find them with the radar.  Any objections? (I had been expecting a more city battle, but farms work too.  Sort of)

GM. Do we have any form of battlefield communication?  It would be adamant to get some form of team speak if otherwise, in the form of a helmet. 

STR-1
DEX-1
CON-1
INT-1
PER-2
CHA-2

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2013, 12:06:54 pm »

You've got a radio for contacting May, Global Ops, other teams and air support, but no team speak.

EDIT: Also, you shouldn't really be concerned about objections. You're in command. Just tell them what to do.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:12:27 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2013, 12:18:51 pm »

"Well that a little less troubling."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2013, 01:10:46 pm »

"Sorry if I missed anything, but shouldn't we actually try to scout and see which building the craft is in? I can do that for ya.
Andy Smith, by the way, pleased to meet ya."

Sheet: +3 DEX, +3 PER, +3 CHA. Everything else neutral.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2013, 01:15:31 pm »

I do not know, but the crew chief called them exotics.  I say we look at this as if they are terrorist humans.  Unless they prove otherwise, the enemy is to be treated as any other enemy.  First thing we do when we touch down is to occupy any available cover.  We have the machine gunner and the shotgun man clearing a building with the SMG man to help.  The Radioman and the Radarman should set up a position out in the open.  They should be covered by those hidden in the buildings.  The other remaining two the one with the rifle and the one with the assault rifle should deploy to the right of the helicopter, in the field using what ever works as cover.  By the time we set up, we should have covered a good amount of ground, and be able to support the radar team.  I will be with the radar team assessing the battlefield.  The radar team should be a very good target for the aliens.  We'll either run into them when deploying or we'll find them with the radar.  Any objections? (I had been expecting a more city battle, but farms work too.  Sort of)

GM. Do we have any form of battlefield communication?  It would be adamant to get some form of team speak if otherwise, in the form of a helmet. 

STR-1
DEX-1
CON-1
INT-1
PER-2
CHA-2

"Sir, I feel like our assets would be better utilized if myself and the shotgunner cleared rooms while the machine gunner remained outside for enemy contact and suppression. That is the machine guns general use after all.

I always lead from the front with my CIA fire team, sir. I would be hard pressed to change."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2013, 01:45:40 pm »

The machine gun you guys have is much heavier than a SAW. You can't fire it standing without knocking your own ass down. You could fire it from cover, such as from a window, but its ideally used with the tripod of course. Its the reason they gave it to you on this operation. Plenty of open ground to set up.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2013, 01:49:41 pm »

The machine gun you guys have is much heavier than a SAW. You can't fire it standing without knocking your own ass down. You could fire it from cover, such as from a window, but its ideally used with the tripod of course. Its the reason they gave it to you on this operation. Plenty of open ground to set up.

Tripod or bipod? Because if it is a tripod then that things is a fucking beast.

And I realize we really aren't going to account for this but how many rounds would the MG run with? For RP sake, regarding weight. ( I know a SAW gunner who used to load out with 1000 rounds on each patrol in Afghanistan.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:51:20 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2013, 01:50:14 pm »

Tripod or bipod? Because if it is a tripod then that things is a fucking beast.
Tripod. I said tripod. Its a tripod.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2013, 01:51:45 pm »

I edit'd. I have another question.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2013, 01:55:22 pm »

Counting ammo is no fun, so thats why I gave you guys an infinite ammo backpack. Usually you guys will just run out whenever it sounds right/when I feel like it. The pack will run out as well.
Since you asked though, lets say one belt is good for about 8 seconds of continuous firing, which is pretty good.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2013, 02:03:40 pm »

Counting ammo is no fun, so thats why I gave you guys an infinite ammo backpack. Usually you guys will just run out whenever it sounds right/when I feel like it. The pack will run out as well.
Since you asked though, lets say one belt is good for about 8 seconds of continuous firing, which is pretty good.

Decent. Remember to change barrels after 10 minutes of continuous fire.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2013, 02:05:50 pm »

Yes, please stop "talking shop". Anyhow, yeah ElfCollaborator said yesterday that he didn't have access to his computer so he might not even get to update today. Once he's done then we can just go.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19