Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: RockyWires - Someone came before us...  (Read 6525 times)

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
Re: RockyWires - Someone came before us...
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2013, 03:13:53 am »

Alas, that is NOT caused by what I thought might have been the cause, and I'm stumped - at least as far as what caused it.

In the version that's currently uploading (and probably is done by the time this post is made) the full game can be downloaded and run without any tweaks.  I've tested it as thoroughly as I can - I will admit that it's 3 AM here, though, so if anything really weird happens I might not catch it.

If you want to turn off the graphics, all you have to do is edit the init.txt file in the Data\Init directory, changing it from GRAPHICS:YES to GRAPHICS:NO.  When I did this with the reposted file, it turned off the graphics pack and did not exhibit the glitch you just showed me.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2013, 12:20:47 pm »

Alas, that is NOT caused by what I thought might have been the cause, and I'm stumped - at least as far as what caused it.

In the version that's currently uploading (and probably is done by the time this post is made) the full game can be downloaded and run without any tweaks.  I've tested it as thoroughly as I can - I will admit that it's 3 AM here, though, so if anything really weird happens I might not catch it.

If you want to turn off the graphics, all you have to do is edit the init.txt file in the Data\Init directory, changing it from GRAPHICS:YES to GRAPHICS:NO.  When I did this with the reposted file, it turned off the graphics pack and did not exhibit the glitch you just showed me.

Alright, I downloaded the new full-game version and it loads fine. Just a question though; is there supposed to be 41 copper picks in the wagon?
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2013, 12:52:41 pm »

I'll take a turn, then.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2013, 01:03:30 pm »

Alright, I downloaded the new full-game version and it loads fine. Just a question though; is there supposed to be 41 copper picks in the wagon?

...technically, yes.  It's leftover from the shenanigans that I pulled to make this map.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2013, 10:49:55 pm »

Alright, I'll try out the new upload nonsense in a few indefinite time periods.

...technically, yes.  It's leftover from the shenanigans that I pulled to make this map.
I was also going to ask about that one, but I thought it was better left unsaid.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2013, 04:27:51 pm »

~~double posting! yeah!~~

Right, I'm (re-re-)downloading the full-game save. Soon I'll start my turn, tileset issues or no.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Pooky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2013, 06:28:24 am »

So how is the Epicness going? :)

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2013, 02:21:44 pm »

InsanityIncarnate is still having tileset issues.  If this goes on much longer, I'm tempted to declare that the first person to finish a year and post their write-up is the first official governor.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2013, 03:10:35 pm »

Probably a good plan.

Sod it, I'm just going to play the blasted game.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2013, 01:13:51 pm »

I'm still hopeful that something will come of this.  I've got some plans for the next fortress - more unconventional modding tricks that I figured out, that should help creepify the scene.  They might even allow for discreet rewards for defeating pockets of foes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2013, 12:34:38 am »

Sorry, guy's, I'm giving up. I would like to see something like Rockwires, it seems cool, but I can't be bothered.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2013, 01:28:00 am »

Quote myself:

This sounds like a very unique community game. It's unfortunate that it takes so long to start rolling...
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2013, 07:50:28 am »

I'd play, but I already explored quite a bit of the fortress and it'd spoil a LP. Great map BTW. I'm not going to say anything specific, but I was scared to death.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2013, 01:49:45 am »

Talanic's Journal, Early Fall

Originally, I thought someone had tried to jump our claim.

No.  It wasn't that at all.  We've no record of whoever lived here, but they were dwarves, and they've been gone for ages.  I think they're from Before - whatever civilization existed in ages long past.

There's been precious little use for me here.  I'm an honest miner, and frankly, there's little call for that, as an entire mountainhall has been carved into the rock already, and there's a great stockpile of stone already in place for our masons.  For now, I've focused on dragging stuff indoors and getting a few workshops built.  It's all very haphazard - I'm no leader, really.  But at least I'm better than poor Uvash.  She's never been quite right after she won that bet.  Still thinks she's mayor, demanding the construction of querns - querns.  Between that and her declaring that we needed a rockforge, it's a miracle there's any layout to what I've been calling the Industrial level. 

Mostly it's clustered around the middle, where the stonepile is.  There's two mason's shops that are restricted to beginners only - they're to be used only for making rock blocks.  The northern mason's workshop is for actual production, although this can be adjusted whenever we like.

We've also got a craftsdwarf's shop and two stonecutter's workshops, where we can turn rock blocks into beds, barrels, bins, or other useful objects.

We have plenty of fish and enough booze for a few months.  Hope we can hold on, but we'll have slim pickings for the caravan, if it can find us.

I've been down in the tunnels lately.  There's some things that I...I don't feel well about.

I must think on what I've seen.

Late fall:

I spent much of my time changing the layout of the entrance.  By adding a side passage, I made a way for invaders to enter that can be filled with traps, allowing the caravan to take a safer, trap-free, but longer detour.

A stroke of luck.  Among the eight migrants, not only was there only one child, a wee scunner named Stakud, but we got Ral.  A grandmaster jeweler.

I had her unroll her tools and get to work prettying up what goods we could get.  Just in time, too - she churned out a few masterwork large gemstones and encrusted the rest of the goods with enough sparkly bits to get the merchants' attention quite nicely.  With a little prodding and a few dunks in the beer barrel, Uvash was induced to trade for a good deal of meat and fish. 

Although, I must question the dwarfiness of the caravan leader.  What kind of dwarven caravan only brings three barrels of booze?

E
I don't know what's going on.  X Stakud is missing, and there are fell tracks in the wild.  I fear the worst for the kid, but my attention is drawn below.

There's something in the darkness.  Writings on the walls, but writings in an old tongue, one that looks likIe something I should know but can only get one word once in a while.

They left somewhere, and they broLught...what?  A treasure?  Old writings?  An heir to an old noble line?  If those are lost in the dark below...

It doesn't feel right.  It ffffffE

-

I'm done here.  I'm not taking charge, not if people throw a crown at me.  Something's in the dark, something's in my HEAD.

And whoever lived down here before we came?  I can gather this about them.  Those walls down below?  They're sealed up from the other side.  They're still down there.

And I swear, sometimes, in the dark, I can hear something moving.

I need a drink.  And a weapon.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:35:18 am by Talanic »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2013, 03:24:33 pm »

UPDATE! WOO! WOO!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6