Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: RockyWires - Someone came before us...  (Read 6516 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: RockyWires - Someone came before us...
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 03:22:11 pm »

In further consideration, two unclaimed dwarves do not have gods.  Uvash and Gosmer.  They're married to each other and have pages of relatives who are not at the fortress.

Throw one off of a high object and lock the other away forever to be a bookkeeper.
Hey! i want one of them!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

eliphas8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 12:44:05 am »

In further consideration, two unclaimed dwarves do not have gods.  Uvash and Gosmer.  They're married to each other and have pages of relatives who are not at the fortress.

Throw one off of a high object and lock the other away forever to be a bookkeeper.
Hey! i want one of them!

Bookkeeping is a noble profession, I really can't pretend being a training dummy for the medics is too but you would effectively be the thing keeping the fort immortal if you locked him away as a bookkeeper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 03:04:55 am »

DOWNLOADING...........................................................

Sorry. Anyway, I'll get started in a couple of indefinite time periods. And I'm serious about the whole spamming me with PMs thing. I need reminding.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 02:05:00 pm »

lets NOT cripple our population.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:13:09 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 05:00:13 pm »

This sounds like a very unique community game. It's unfortunate that it takes so long to start rolling...
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2013, 10:07:52 pm »

This sounds like a very unique community game. It's unfortunate that it takes so long to start rolling...
HEY. I'm actually participating! And as soon as I can figure out how to get the save running, I'll post some epic story thing.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:27 pm »

If it's not working, try from the other link.

I hope this pans out; I put a fair amount of work into it, and at least want it to show proof-of-concept. 
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2013, 03:48:08 pm »

Trying the other link now. If it works, [REDACTED].

[EDIT] This fort is creepy. Seriously creepy. And the tileset issues just make it worse.

Any ideas on how to fix the E's and I's and A's being rock walls? It's weird.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:02:00 pm by InsanityIncarnate »

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2013, 04:14:07 pm »

[EDIT] This fort is creepy. Seriously creepy. And the tileset issues just make it worse.

I havnt looked at the game yet (plan to!) but maybe they are engravings? You can toggle them off if they are.

Id like to be dwarfed! If it uses Castes from Masterwork, then Id prefer one of: legion dwarf, gem savant, or talented sieger. Im willing to wait!

Id also like to be added to the turn list <3
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2013, 04:17:31 pm »

I havnt looked at the game yet (plan to!) but maybe they are engravings? You can toggle them off if they are.
They're not engravings - definitely weird tileset nonsense.
Anyway, if this game uses weird mods then I'll probably fail miserably.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2013, 04:34:11 pm »

Could you post a screenshot of where it's going wrong?  I have to head off to work but I'm not seeing the issue on my machine.  I *might* have an idea of what's happening and if I'm right I can explain, but I'd like to know first.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2013, 04:34:44 pm »

I went and downloaded the full version, but I dont get an option to continue game, even after renaming the save to region(insert various numbers here)....
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2013, 04:39:37 pm »

I just came to be aware of that myself.  I wish I'd noticed it sooner - will post a fix on that when I get back from work (9-10 hours from now).

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »

I just came to be aware of that myself.  I wish I'd noticed it sooner - will post a fix on that when I get back from work (9-10 hours from now).

Awesome

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2013, 12:55:39 am »

This here pretty much sums it up:

Also,
Awesome.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:46:12 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6