Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons  (Read 3061 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »

Those are good, GWG, but Slow is a flaw.
What are you...oh. Whoops. Wrong Slow. Is that one fine?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2013, 05:12:41 pm »

I'mma say no. Not because the concept is bad, but the power rating is too much for a trait. If you find a way to tone it down, sure. But just, look at the established traits to see what the general idea behind it is. Traits are slightly more detrimental than helpful, just like flaws are more detrimental than feats.

The other slow is fine, GWG, if you really want to slow yourself and the party down that much...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2013, 05:16:13 pm »

Heres mah chars basic skeleton

Jubjub the Kobold Ranger
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=458647

Not taking traits nor flaws.

@Geek: Do you mind if my char negates the Kobold light sensitivity problem with Sundark Goggles, assuming you dont mod it out? I would hope to start with them.

Sundark Goggles: The smoked lenses of these goggles block light. Sundark goggles negate the dazzled condition experienced by a creature with light sensitivity while in bright illumination. As a side effect, they grant the wearer a +2 circumstance bonus on saving throws against gaze attacks. A creature wearing sundark goggles can't use a gaze attack. Creatures without low-light vision or darkvision take a -2 penalty on search and spot checks. 10 gp.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »

Sure. That's fine. I might even give you a bonus to save vs. gaze attacks if it ever comes up and you're still wearing them.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2013, 05:18:59 pm »

The other slow is fine, GWG, if you really want to slow yourself and the party down that much...
Hm, true.

Is Specialized fine?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2013, 05:19:43 pm »

Well, we need one more person. A heal-tank. We have no healer, and Zack is a poor tank.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 05:20:30 pm »

http://oi50.tinypic.com/oawsyf.jpg Also this might be more useful for your portrait GWG.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2013, 05:20:36 pm »

Then I will take flaw Unreactive and trait Hardy
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013, 05:21:52 pm »

http://oi50.tinypic.com/oawsyf.jpg Also this might be more useful for your portrait GWG.
Thanks.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013, 09:31:51 pm »

Oh yes, for ease? Spell failure chance works slightly different. Every 5% increase the Ability check DC by 2.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2013, 10:03:45 am »

Bumping for posterity.

@Rolepgeek: Btw I'm still around to help with the game or plot or whatnot, if need be. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2013, 09:16:52 pm »

That's gonna be helpful, thank you Dwarmin. I don't completely know what I'll want you to help me with yet... I just thought having an assistant would be a big help.

As a notice, you guys are going to be starting near/in a town called Blackwash. Think southern Scandinavia, where instead of snowy it's really fucking rainy, and rocky shores, and you have that. Maybe ncorporate that into your back stories.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2013, 10:28:56 pm »

Mostly, I need backstory and perhaps a bit more gear.
Sig

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2013, 01:11:58 am »

I can add more to my backstory once I get an idea of the setting, unless we're making up the lore as we go.

Now, I have some questions for you to puzzle over Rpgeek.

1. Are the PRC classes Wild Plains Outrider (complete adventurer) and Halfling Outrider (complete warrior) open to me? Yes, I'm not probably riding on the plains much and am not a halfling, but in the interest of flavor vs mechanics there's really not a whole bunch of advanced classes for me to choose from rather than those. Can we finagle the requirements?
2. If I cast Steal Size (http://dndtools.eu/spells/races-of-the-dragon--83/steal-size--3109/) does it also apply to the beast I'm mounted on as well, as per the share spells ability for companions? Otherwise it's useless to me, and I'd like to know beforehand :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 09:31:19 am »

1. It'll be a while, but possibly. Kobolds aren't really creatures who ride much, so no halfling outrider, but wild plains outrider would be fine.
2. How would you get a sorcerer/wizard spell? But yes, if you somehow got it, it would apply to your ferret dire weasel, instead of you, if you wanted.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:34:40 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5