Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors (really anything made by the Pen Ward)  (Read 37379 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors (really anything made by the Pen Ward)
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2013, 11:20:56 am »

This show generates so freaking many crossovers

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2013, 12:29:24 am »

What no.

Now I can't help imagining Prince Gumball being the blonde kid and Marshal-lee getting eaten what have you done  :'(

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2013, 01:06:02 pm »

Spoiler: THAT LEMONGRAB (click to show/hide)
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2013, 01:18:14 pm »

The only thing I really know from Adventure Time is that vampire girl's song, because a friend of mine always used to sing it. It's here. I should probably watch the show some time...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »

The only thing I really know from Adventure Time is that vampire girl's song, because a friend of mine always used to sing it. It's here. I should probably watch the show some time...

I already have the good covers of that song stored in my bookmark.

Mind you me and my bro had big fights over that song.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2013, 08:18:37 pm »

I think my favorite AT song is When I Don't Remember You. Always gives me a sad when I hear it.

Also how long is Season 5 going to be, anyway?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2013, 08:52:50 pm »

I think my favorite AT song is When I Don't Remember You. Always gives me a sad when I hear it.

Also how long is Season 5 going to be, anyway?

I think that song is better as a story song then as a song song though.

Though that makes sense. It wasn't really a song.

---

Ok just because "Story song" makes no sense I'll try to explain myself. In musicals or songs written for shows, movies, and videogames there are many ways to do them. Yet how good they are within those stories are not contained in how good the song itself is.

A song can be horrible, ear bleeding, and annoying but so long as it fits the mood and situation the show is trying to present it works.

"When I Don't Remember You" I think is sort of one of those. It isn't a "good" song so to speak, its lyrics are jammed in, the melodies drab, and voice work not very good even in covers.

What it does do is carry the emotion and plot of the episode. Its bad music, bad vocals, and ill fitting lyrics actually only emphasizing this.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:58:00 pm by Neonivek »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2013, 10:56:17 pm »

I happen to think it's a legitimate song, and a good one at that. It invokes the feeling of remorse and mourning that Marceline feels into the listener itself, as do many of Marcy's songs happen to do, including "I'm just your problem". Which is also a favorite of mine if only for the Bubbleine cannon. Because adorbs.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2013, 12:13:39 am »

I happen to think it's a legitimate song, and a good one at that. It invokes the feeling of remorse and mourning that Marceline feels into the listener itself, as do many of Marcy's songs happen to do, including "I'm just your problem". Which is also a favorite of mine if only for the Bubbleine cannon. Because adorbs.

I sort of hope they do complete that song eventually. The issue is the writer who really liked to use Marceline is sort of gone.

My biggest worry is that Adventure Time's plotline will never be complete... It isn't the kind of show that, in my opinion, can just end with "The adventure continues" I actually would like some closure.

Yet it seems like the kind of show that would rather never finish the important storylines.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:15:12 am by Neonivek »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2013, 03:31:56 am »

I wonder how they're going to handle Finn growing older. He's already gained three years and should be hitting adolescence.

I sort of hope they do complete that song eventually. The issue is the writer who really liked to use Marceline is sort of gone.
That's sad to hear. I don't really follow anything but the main programme and hadn't heard.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2013, 06:00:25 am »

I wonder how they're going to handle Finn growing older. He's already gained three years and should be hitting adolescence.

They have him take an interest in nailing the first available girl he sees, even if they're made of fire :P
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2013, 09:27:15 am »

I just picked up the recent Adventure Time comics. Candy Capers is pretty funny.

They're also apparently planning a special Halloween comic. I'm looking forward to a Treehouse of Horror inspired issue.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2013, 09:57:58 am »

That's sad to hear. I don't really follow anything but the main programme and hadn't heard.

Well nothing bad happened. That writer was on for a temporary amount of time, and stayed a temporary length of time until she left.

She is also the one who wrote both Cake and Fiona episodes. Which "I" personally love. It is like watching adventure time with none of the "Will they won't they".

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2013, 11:24:45 am »

I forget, is she the one that went on to do Steven Universe, or the one that went on to do Bee and Puppycat? They both look pretty good, though we've only got one episode to judge them by.

Pretty much any of Jake's random jingles make me very happy.

I consider Jake the superior song writer, actually. I once listened to Bacon Pancakes on loop for seven hours.

It was maybe not the best decision I've ever made?

They have him take an interest in nailing the first available girl he sees, even if they're made of fire :P

I'm still holding a torch for Breakfast Princess.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19