Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors (really anything made by the Pen Ward)  (Read 37357 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors (really anything made by the Pen Ward)
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 06:25:55 am »

I think it showed (as has been repeatedly) that Jake is empathetic to a fault, and that sometimes Princess Bubblegum isn't empathetic enough.  Her thoughts/emotions tend to filter through her status as authority figure.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 11:02:46 am »

I think it showed (as has been repeatedly) that Jake is empathetic to a fault, and that sometimes Princess Bubblegum isn't empathetic enough.  Her thoughts/emotions tend to filter through her status as authority figure.

Jake isn't empathetic at all. He tends to ignore the plight of others and leave them to their own devices especially when he actually should step in. While Princess Bubblegum just isn't an active character who can only react to a problem (In fact, in the few episodes she seemingly done something on her own, it was only to vex another character).

The reason Finn is the hero in adventure time is because he is pretty much the ONLY person willing to do anything of any importance. Everyone is perfectly content to sit on their butts.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 11:17:29 am »

Jake isn't empathetic at all. He tends to ignore the plight of others and leave them to their own devices especially when he actually should step in. While Princess Bubblegum just isn't an active character who can only react to a problem (In fact, in the few episodes she seemingly done something on her own, it was only to vex another character).

The reason Finn is the hero in adventure time is because he is pretty much the ONLY person willing to do anything of any importance. Everyone is perfectly content to sit on their butts.

Nah, Jake has shown genuine empathy plenty of times.  He just has weird attention issues that get in the way.  That episode with the Party God showcased that extensively.  Even when his best friend, whom he would give his life for, is in trouble, he still gets distracted out on wild tangents from his rescue mission.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 11:19:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Other times Jake seems to be really empathetic with Finn, like he really does care nearly all of the times when its mattered.

I'd mention Princess Cookie, but that guy was less a princess, more over-sensitive criminal. 

Really isn't  a favourite episode of mine, by any means. 

Not quite, he was just misunderstood and hounded for who he wanted to be.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 11:20:57 am »

Other times Jake seems to be really empathetic with Finn, like he really does care nearly all of the times when its mattered

ONLY to Finn.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:22:35 am by Neonivek »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 11:31:32 am »

Other times Jake seems to be really empathetic with Finn, like he really does care nearly all of the times when its mattered

ONLY to Finn.

There's also Lady Rainicorn.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 11:50:07 am »

Jake is just chaotic in general, which is stereotypical for a shapeshifter.

Even if he fails to go out of his way to help others at times, he has gone out of his way to avoid hurting others for his own benefit.  He was willing to sacrifice himself rather than hurt anyone when under duress from Me-Mow.  He accepts imprisonment when he believes that he's the Gut Grinder.

He has at least some interest in being good, given his attempts at non-violence that were near-fatal for Finn.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2013, 11:05:57 pm »

NEW EPISODE IS OUTTTTT

not posting any links cause they'll be dead within 24 hours, but woo look it up

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 11:32:20 pm »

evilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevil

Also, I really like this show.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2013, 11:53:55 am »

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-5-episode-6b-vault-of-bones

Good episode, I'm really enjoying finns and the FPs relationship, they're so adorable together.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2013, 10:14:20 pm »

Great now I want to see the distaff counterpart episode.

Though I am starting to SERIOUSLY wonder if they are real or from another dimension. It is adventure time so they may very well be real.

Ok now I am starting to see it... Oddly enough I really love everyone but Fiona. Her design is wonky.

If anything I almost enjoy the Cake and Fiona show more. Though it is probably because they don't have to spread the drama across 100 episodes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:36:30 pm by Neonivek »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2013, 10:41:13 pm »

The first distaff episode was great if not just because of how perfect the ending was in retrospect. The gender swapped Adventure Time characters are so caught up in heavyhanded romance to do any real adventuring. It's like if, at the end of The Doctor's Daughter, we saw the Doctor in the TARDIS reading his bad self insert fanfiction to a bored Martha.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2013, 11:00:21 pm »

Also I'll take back what I said about Fionna. Yeah her design is a bit wonky and sometimes her personality is a bit hazy... but she actually takes a bit more charge of her relationships with others (Which Finn has rarely done).

I will say that Marceline liking Jake seems to be becoming more obvious. Even though it was Marceline who originally rejected Finn.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:02:07 pm by Neonivek »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2013, 11:05:36 pm »

I really want more Lumpy Space Prince.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2013, 11:08:10 pm »

By the by does Finn ever remember he is a wizard and should still technically have his full compliment of magical abilities?

Unless I guess it was his robes that supplied his magic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19