Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: The Age Of Fire: Game Thread  (Read 26482 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: The Age Of Fire: Game Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2014, 02:23:16 pm »

Johnny sniffed.
"Well, then. There's another guy on the town who's doing weird shit just like you. Only, I don't think you've catched his name yet. Does the name 'M' ring any bells?"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2014, 02:25:48 pm »

'Welcome him to the club. What, you're not working for Red anymore?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2014, 02:28:23 pm »

"At this point? I'm beginning to recognize you're all petty assholes, and it doesn't take Einstein to recognize that something is about to go down. It might take Einstein to figure out precisely what is going down, but I heard about the mess at Bogmolev and the orphanage.
"However, I'm wondering... maybe three wrongs make a right."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2014, 02:39:21 pm »

'Boohoo. Cry me a river, sweetheart,' Jack said. She was silent for a moment. 'Alright, Johnny. You're right. I'd say something about there being a storm coming, but I get the feeling it's more of a gamma ray burst that's gonna wipe out all life on Earth. Metaphorically speaking... I think. I'll hear you out, - who's your mystery M? Is he going to be a friend, or... y'know, a problem?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2014, 02:41:18 pm »

"Find out yourself."
Johnny holds out the phone to Merlin.
"It's for you. Be polite."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2014, 10:20:53 pm »

Merlin pulls back with his finger, pulling the phone back to float beside his head.

"I'm told you are Jack Coupe?"

Simultaneously, he points the index finger of his other hand at Johnny and a thin turquoise line whips out of the tip, connecting to his temple painlessly. A moment later, Merlin's voice appears in his head.

What's this about an orphanage? Think your answer.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2014, 03:37:39 am »

Jack breathed deep. A mystery M was the last thing she needed.

'Yes, my dear, but you have me at a disadvantage. Perhaps we might start with an introduction, Mister...?'

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2014, 04:50:20 am »

Though Merlin adopts a slightly apologetic tone, his face remains relatively neutral, his eyes dark and calculating.

"I'm afraid I'll have to remain M, at least for the time being. My time in this city has taught me several things, but most of all caution."

His voice becomes more pronounced and business-like.

"You can be rest assured I'm not competition for your criminal element or anything of the sort, though judging from what Johnny here has told me you aren't too concerned with issues like that anyway at the moment because what is coming is incalculably more dangerous. I assume you understand my meaning?"
Sig! Onol

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2014, 06:48:16 am »

'Mister M. That's a terrible cover name, sweetheart. So... Mysterio, what can I do for you? I have to assume you want something. You know what's coming?''

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2014, 07:28:35 am »

"It'll serve for now. Yes, I do know what's coming, at least as much as someone like myself can know this early. It's very bad news. Very, very bad news. You are a practitioner - that is  you have magic?"
Sig! Onol

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2014, 06:51:08 am »

'Bad news goes without saying, dear. I don't suppose you've been visited by a pair of creeps recently? A green-eyed man and a gentleman in a gas mask. Don't be too surprised if they do pop up,' Jack said. She chuckled at the last question. 'I suppose I am. Should I assume I am speaking with a real-life wizard?'

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2014, 10:50:53 am »

Merlin blinks in surprise at the revelation of Jules' involvement.

"I suppose it was naive to hope he wasn't involved in this... they haven't popped up exactly, but I'm aware of them. And yes, to an extent you are. Do you know the location or contact information of any others? There are more, and though I'll have them all found soon enough, the faster the better. We need to prepare for the storm ahead, and scheming alone isn't how we're going to survive."
Sig! Onol

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2014, 06:30:41 pm »

What's this about an orphanage? Think your answer.
There's a slight delay to Merlin's thoughtprobing for some reason...
Johnny's thoughts are a bit jumbled. oh shit hecanreadmymi Play it cool. Cool real cool. Okay. Orphanage, the place got burned down serves em right oh did I just shit, okay, sorry, sorry, sorry, shit I just keep saying sorry okay... 3 2 1, the orphanage got burned down a load of kids died and everyone's saying it's an arsonist but it was way too professional so yeah.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2014, 07:14:41 pm »

There's a feeling of curiosity emanating from Merlin's mind, and amidst the background static of him debating things with himself too fast to be heard, a voice comes out.

You did it correctly. What orphanage? What connection did you have with them in the past?
Sig! Onol

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2014, 07:28:55 pm »

Johnny's mind has the mental equivalent of a few sparks (Most likely stress; he seems really freaked out at the idea of someone being able to read his mind - perhaps he didn't expect that to be on the cards) until he gives an answer.
Saint Peter's, parents left me to die, bastards there. Glad I left.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12