Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Platinum Forgotten Beast Tips  (Read 3282 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Platinum Forgotten Beast Tips
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 03:07:47 pm »

Make sure you get the cave in right, otherwise you will just have an angry platinum forgotten beast.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 05:37:23 pm »

Why not just capture it and use it as target practice? Let your marksdwarves shoot at it.

Just a standard archery range, but build it in a way that the dwarf going to shoot at the target will stand next to a fortification, through which will be the FB. Rather than shooting the target, they should automatically shoot at the FB. They can't kill it, but they will continue to empty their quivers at it. Live fire training grants vastly more xp than target shooting.

eliphas8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 02:53:58 am »

Wow, it turned out to be a wimp in the long run. It couldn't hit a damn thing and somehow got decapitated by a dwarf armed with a masterwork silver crossbow. Extract wise I have no idea what it does but no one is dead yet and as far as I can tell it only causes nausia and nothing else after a year of exposure.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 04:43:05 am »

Wow, it turned out to be a wimp in the long run. It couldn't hit a damn thing and somehow got decapitated by a dwarf armed with a masterwork silver crossbow. Extract wise I have no idea what it does but no one is dead yet and as far as I can tell it only causes nausia and nothing else after a year of exposure.
I had a platinum humanoid FB too awhile back. As with yours, it could barely hit a damned thing, but in my case those damned things were a group of Serpentmen or similar. It took it weeks to kill them all simply because they kept dodging, but once it DID hit, they wouldn't stop flying until they hit something.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 01:06:26 pm »

FB bodies are useless pieces of ("Forgotten beast platinum") that cannot be interacted with in any way.
No, I'm quite positive that body parts of metal creatures can be melted. On the top of Iron man wiki page there's a mention of that. If it works for iron man, it should work for FB. Still, I never tried it myself, so I can't be completely sure.

The Iron Man monster becomes an Iron Statue item on death, which can be melted. It's a special case. All forgotten beasts become Forgotten Beast Corpses upon death, which are not valid meltable items.
The article said the severed body parts are meltable.
Slightly off-topic, but I want to clarify a bit more on this in case anyone wants to mod in metal creatures. Any creature with a body part whose tissues are made of metal can have that part melted into bars. There is one slight trick to this, if you are modding, though. Make sure the tissue material is the actual metal, not a material based off the metal.
Using iron bones for example:
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL:BONE:INORGANIC:IRON]
[TISSUE:BONE]
   [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]
This would be wrong. Trying to melt the bones would probably yield <creature> bone bars or something(I haven't tried it). However:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]This would make bones that can be made into iron bars.

What I am uncertain of is whether or not FBs made of metal use actual metal in their tissue mats, or whether their tissue mats simply [USE_MATERIAL]. If it's the former, and the entire body is made of the same material, then yes, they can be melted into bars.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 02:16:30 pm »

What I am uncertain of is whether or not FBs made of metal use actual metal in their tissue mats, or whether their tissue mats simply [USE_MATERIAL]. If it's the former, and the entire body is made of the same material, then yes, they can be melted into bars.
This is beautiful knowledge. Can bronze colossi be melted as such?

thrush_titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 05:22:22 pm »

dwarves with legendary mining and steel picks will rip metal FBs to shreds

Tomsod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 07:42:42 am »

Well, I don't have any metallic FBs on hand, but here's a billon titan's extracted raws from my current world, which should be about the same:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like it uses [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BILLON], so if other random creatures work the same way, they should be meltable into ordinary metal bars. A pity, I thought they would be named, like "steel demon steel" or somesuch. But I guess one can still smelt some metal demons into a demon-smiting artifact, you just have to remember where the metal came from.
Pages: 1 [2]