Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2127909 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24420 on: September 06, 2016, 08:53:10 am »

ew, office
Black lives matter.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24421 on: September 06, 2016, 09:52:49 pm »

PSA: If, in rp-rev, either faction literally surrounds you at gunpoint and tries to FORCE you to swear loyalty, please feel free to do so and then shoot them in the fucking back.

Forcibly converting people in an explicitly RP-based mode is absolutely atrocious and should not be permitted under any circumstances.

Maybe ahelp too.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24422 on: September 07, 2016, 04:58:21 am »

PSA: If, in rp-rev, either faction literally surrounds you at gunpoint and tries to FORCE you to swear loyalty, please feel free to do so and then shoot them in the fucking back.

Forcibly converting people in an explicitly RP-based mode is absolutely atrocious and should not be permitted under any circumstances.

Maybe ahelp too.
what. No? That's a perfectly in-character reason to join. Especially when Rev turns into Liberal Spacecrime Squad. And considering that there are players who won't join for ideological reasons, that's the only way for the gamemode to progress.

I consider 'OOC: It was rev?' a much, much greater failure mode than forceconversion, and RP-Rev does not allow for lolflashing which WAS an abusable mechanic.

Shooting your nominal faction in the back in a team-based mode that's not Paranoia mustn't be happening. If you ahelp in this situation, a sympathetic admin might de-rev you, but you DO NOT SHOOT YOUR TEAMMATES. It's an unparalleled salt mine, and it's an incredible mess for staff to untangle.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #24423 on: September 07, 2016, 01:23:52 pm »

An oath, or any contract really, is void when made under duress. If your character is revved less than willingly, you could simply surrender to the next sec officer and ask to be taken into protective custody, then snitch out whoever coerced you. This way you put a complicated legal case into motion with ample opportunities for roleplaying.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24424 on: September 07, 2016, 02:17:25 pm »

An oath, or any contract really, is void when made under duress. If your character is revved less than willingly, you could simply surrender to the next sec officer and ask to be taken into protective custody, then snitch out whoever coerced you. This way you put a complicated legal case into motion with ample opportunities for roleplaying.
That's a legal thing, which was introduced specifically because people would do otherwise. Gameplay does not have to comply with that.

It might make for more interesting scenarios, but a) we specifically have a policy against team-antag betrayals, b) would far more commonly result in Sec powergaming the snitch existing to GIT DAT nonexistent REDTEXT. An average Security member is in for chases and shootouts, not Spess Government 101.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24425 on: September 07, 2016, 02:48:33 pm »

on phone so

This was relating specifically to the LOYALISTS aka sec and command surrounding people and forcing them to swear to NT. This is unacceptable. You cannot force people by gunpoint to fight for you and expect them to cooperate. I certainly won't be.

Fuck that

edit. Rev is also extremely different from all other teamtag modes. Nukes are literally all sworn team mercs. Cultists are mindslaves. Revs are willing participants who have CHOSEN A SIDE of their own. Forcing them to play in your court by gunpoint is against the spirit of things.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:50:44 pm by AH »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24426 on: September 07, 2016, 08:21:32 pm »

UuuUUUUGh.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24427 on: September 07, 2016, 11:51:17 pm »

We still have loyalty implants, right? Where they atleast using those?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24428 on: September 08, 2016, 12:28:38 am »

Not sure, but I still feel it's poor form to shoot people and forceimplant them to your side too. Your loyalty is to NT, not misguided loyalists... etc

This ain't /tg/ rev where you're supposed to blast people willy nilly and implant as many people as possible until you find the revhead and kill them, you know?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24429 on: September 08, 2016, 12:33:56 am »

Well, that is the idea of the medium roleplay server we have here, but even for the people who dont see the roleplay part of the title should atleast have the sense to try to have a backup to lessen the amount of getting shot in the back of the head.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24430 on: September 08, 2016, 05:28:49 am »

TBH, Loyalists as a side in Rev is just an awful, pointless artifact from the merging of the two Revs and Mutiny. I would remove them from the spawnlist for regular rev and whip up old-style Antirev (i.e. the Heads are the antags formally, and their express job is to be assholes), but then I'm not sure it wouldn't instaend the round, and there are more pressing matters to attend to code-wise.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24431 on: September 08, 2016, 09:24:05 am »

Bring back Mutiny when :<

It could potentially be solved by hard-tacking a few more normal loyalists/revs at round start. Like force a rev or two in Security for example. That way the massive gun stash is at least a little contested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24432 on: September 08, 2016, 10:21:30 am »

I'm not saying this is an admin stance, because I'm a little freelance at the moment. I'm still in the process of joining the forum and finding out the intricacies that have been defined in my absence. But if I were force-converted by a gang of Heads with guns, I would absofuckinglutely betray the FUCK out of them at the first possible dramatic opportunity. Because that's what I'd do in real life. The same goes for Revs, unless they Explosive implanted me or something. Really, what motivation exists for you to not betray them? They have guns? Once you have a gun or a method of escape, that excuse isn't worth shit.

Edit: Also, why can I not play half the jobs suddenly? Did we JUST add a waitlist? o.O
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24433 on: September 08, 2016, 12:34:10 pm »

As I keep saying, loyalists are a terrible antagonist in rev. Speaking as an admin, I will almost always un-antag someone that ahelps about forced conversion to either side then gets left alone. If you're gonna space crime squad, keep your conscripts in line if you want them to fight. Use a loyalty or explosive implant or keep a guy watching them. Don't be surprised if you and the hos force recruit half the crew then they all suddenly turn into revs once you hand out the armory and send them off. I have more leniency with revs for the reasons scrdest said, but loyalists don't have that problem. I'll type something that makes more sense once I'm off a phone.

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24434 on: September 09, 2016, 04:33:24 pm »

Everyone, Ace is hosting a Rimworld event tonight in about an hour. Login.
Pages: 1 ... 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 ... 1654