Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128128 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24240 on: June 09, 2016, 05:20:54 pm »

Potential assault test at 8 pm EST I think, git hype.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #24241 on: June 09, 2016, 07:05:43 pm »

Server is updated and back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24242 on: June 09, 2016, 07:12:06 pm »

Thanks Vac! Gonna run the assault test now if we get enough people on.

Nasir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24243 on: June 10, 2016, 07:39:26 pm »

this game is in serious need of more populous servers, the ones we have now are withering and dying, we cant have servers that remain in the top 5 for too long, we need more variety in servers except servers just using other people's codebases. could this be a result of the lack of dm documentation?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24244 on: June 10, 2016, 09:00:24 pm »

Sorry, I suddenly lost connection with the server, which totally ruined the dramatic tension. Sorry for a rather boring round overall.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #24245 on: June 10, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »

My city just lost power due to a storm,  the server probably won't be back up until tomorrow.  (Posting off my phone)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24246 on: June 10, 2016, 09:08:51 pm »

Thanks for the headsup
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24247 on: June 11, 2016, 12:53:45 am »

Damn, hope power comes back online for ya Vactor, reminds me of the time I lost power for a week in last year's ice storm. Not fun to say the least.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #24248 on: June 11, 2016, 07:20:05 am »

Power is back and the server is back up.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24249 on: June 11, 2016, 03:07:46 pm »

Let me recount you the story of an era past, the glorious story of BOB JAMES and THE QUEUEUEUEUEU. A story which occurred on this very server. Yes! This server was once home to characters with long white beards, long white hair, red eyes and all-caps names. And nobody remarked on it.

Once upon a time, BOB JAMES was a traitor. And he had codewords. With these codewords, I found one of my fellow traitors, the barman. We yelled "QUEUEUEUEUEUEUEU" at each other for a few minutes, creating a religion. A plan was agreed upon, the barman would create a distraction, and I would lure my target, an engineer, to arrivals to kill him. This worked perfectly, as I parapenned and spaced the poor sod (I still feel bad about this). But meanwhile, the distraction had gotten out of hand. The gods had given the station a staff of polymorph, and with its power crewmembers were being turned into lizards! To BOB JAMES' god, THE GREAT QUEUEUEUEUEU, this was unacceptable. Such began my crusade against LIZARD CHRIST, using my leftover TC. I equipped myself and headed towards the heretical chapel. On my way, however, the heretics caught up to me, and I was polymorphed. I managed to escape as a xeno, and started desecrating the chapel with my weeds. Alas, I fought valiantly, but the heretics caught me. I was put into cryo, awaiting conversion to a lesser form, an event that I did not manage to resist. Crawling and naked like the beast I was, I headed towards the dormitories and prayed a heartfelt prayer to the QUEUEUEUEUEU, and my prayers were answered! The QUEUEUEUEUEU came to me in the form of a false prophet, a lizard, yet it made my form pure again, and I was rearmed for my crusade. I headed to atmospherics with a bagful of C4, but sadly, I didn't actually manage to detonate it. Then my crusade took me to comms, where I crawled into the cold chamber, my fingers fumbling with the bomb controls, while life slowly drained from me. That is where the journey of BOB JAMES ended, at the comms hub, clutching a brick of inert C4.

this game is in serious need of more populous servers, the ones we have now are withering and dying, we cant have servers that remain in the top 5 for too long, we need more variety in servers except servers just using other people's codebases. could this be a result of the lack of dm documentation?
Not entirely sure what you're trying to say. There's a huge variety of servers in spacemans, with at least five major codebases that have well populated servers. They are, understandably, not all on the hub. Making content is hard. Codebases ran on only one server often lack the manpower and motivation. In spite of this, tgstation is one of the fastest-moving projects on GitHub, with an insane 300 merges per month.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:18:26 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24250 on: June 11, 2016, 03:18:34 pm »

Oh fuck, I remember that round. Lizard Christ showed up a lot back in those days.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24251 on: June 11, 2016, 04:38:25 pm »

There are a few red-eyed people running about on the server now and then. Most of them are a lizard.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24252 on: June 11, 2016, 07:21:31 pm »

I have not seen the lizard christ memes in a very long while, but I do very vaguely remember it. also maybe I should give my character red eyes now

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24253 on: June 19, 2016, 10:40:23 am »

Server's no longer on the hub.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #24254 on: June 20, 2016, 03:36:08 am »

I fought lizard christ and accidentily became his prophet, after going into a thunder dome.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 ... 1654