Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128150 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24210 on: May 30, 2016, 01:50:49 pm »

Rev nowadays still has those people who literally run around wordlessly offering them to join the revolution, particularily while they're talking so they autoaccept when they press enter.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24211 on: May 30, 2016, 03:34:53 pm »

Rev nowadays still has those people who literally run around wordlessly offering them to join the revolution, particularily while they're talking so they autoaccept when they press enter.
Note that if someone does something like this, we'll probably unrev you and deal with the spamrev.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24212 on: May 30, 2016, 03:51:01 pm »

Right. I just had a long winded, cancer filled, and frankly pointless argument with Argus on the discord. I oppose Resomi from being included in the server, and he does not. Now, since the vote seems to already have been decided, I want the people who support their inclusion allay my fears. I have 3 concerns with the inclusion of the Resomi.

1. The playerbase currently sufferers from some clique behavior, metafriending, and snowflakes. Both from people who play humans and aliens. I'm sure we all can recognize the suicidal medbay lesbians, and the ever present lizard squad that exists in one form or another. Given that the Resomi are extra "Special", how will they not suffer from the same issues, and possibly suffer from them even worse? Either prove that they won't suffer from this, or prove that there are no cliques and snowflakes.

2. As someone who has no interest in playing the Resomi, how will they enhance my gameplay by being included? I don't care how cure or Kawaii they are, what RP and what new ideas will they bring to the table that make them worth including for people that don't play them?

3. If they are included, what do you think they should be allowed to do? Should they be allowed to do effectively everything, like the current aliens, or will they be restricted in some form to follow the lore and the idea that NT and humanity generally does not like aliens?

I don't care how much you write as long as you can prove it. You gut feelings will not do. If someone can prove that these will not be a issue/they will be good for the server, then I will get my vote changed to yes on the issue.

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #24213 on: May 30, 2016, 04:26:54 pm »

I don't care how much you write as long as you can prove it. You gut feelings will not do. If someone can prove that these will not be a issue/they will be good for the server, then I will get my vote changed to yes on the issue.

I like how you insist on everybody arguing against you provide proof but you provide none yourself.

Why don't you provide some examples of snowflakes and cliqueism before people waste any effort in trying to refute an argument that is barely there in the first place.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24214 on: May 30, 2016, 04:39:50 pm »

I like how you insist on everybody arguing against you provide proof but you provide none yourself.

Why don't you provide some examples of snowflakes and cliqueism before people waste any effort in trying to refute an argument that is barely there in the first place.

Right, we could continue this circlejerk about burden of proof, but here is my final statement on it. I believe this thing to be true. I ask other people to prove to me that it's not true. If it was not true, then it would be very easy to prove to be not true. I could state people who I believe to fit this category, but that would invite irrelevant arguments into the issue about if they're a "snowflake" or not and open up this to be a actual flame war instead of some bushfire. I realize that by not providing any evidence, that this is technically a logical fallacy. However, given the circumstances, I'm not going to. I don't care if you think this is wrong, just answer the questions.

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #24215 on: May 30, 2016, 04:42:14 pm »

You gut feelings will not do.

Hmm, this is starting to sound familiar.

I believe this thing to be true.

Yeah, didn't think you had anything of substance to say. GJ.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24216 on: May 30, 2016, 04:57:41 pm »

Cliquishness and snowflaking has always and will always be a problem in RP, in SS13, and in UMcS. That doesn't mean we should encourage it by letting people bring their speshul furry races into it, it's bad enough when it's just RP snowflaking--that's enough by itself to ruin any RP if enough of the population indulge in it. That's actually one of the reasons why I was dubious about the switch to Baycode, because it hints (however indirectly) at higher tolerance for that bullshit.

Personally I'd love it if we could force random characters every round (or at least bar people from playing the same character several rounds in a row), but I recognize that some people like to have established characters to fall back on when they're feeling tired or lazy. But yeah. There's no good reason to include any of the alien player races. It's pretty much unabashed snowflaking with no redeeming qualities; even the RP it facilitates tends to be lazy character archetypes that substitute for actual character.

If you aren't comfortable without your pacifier sooper speshul character you're a worse RPer than someone who RPs self-inserts and an asshole besides if you're forcing your fetishes into the RP. There's a bare handful of people on UMcS who generally play the same character or couple characters all the time, and the one distinguishing factor that they all share is that the character is a relatively ordinary human with normal personality traits. If you want to RP a snowflake Sue and circlejerk in third-party comms with your buddies there are plenty of shitty freeform RPs to do it in.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #24217 on: May 30, 2016, 05:11:37 pm »

Personally I'd love it if we could force random characters every round

Hippie is that way ----------------------->

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #24218 on: May 30, 2016, 05:27:20 pm »

OOCky IICky codewords?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24219 on: May 30, 2016, 05:54:49 pm »

Should I throw a thread for this guff up on the forums, to allow other things to be noted on this thread?
And so I can tell of those of you who think "argument" equals "insult other side until they give up in disgust"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24220 on: May 30, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »

Personally I'd love it if we could force random characters every round

Hippie is that way ----------------------->

"I can only roleplay if I have my Mary Sue character that I commission fanart for, and you suck at RPing because you are capable and willing to try roleplaying different sorts of characters!"

As I said, even worse than the people that only RP self-inserts.

They say that where there's smoke, there's fire, and you seem to be fuming awfully badly over discussion of speshul snowflakes and circlejerking. I have more respect for greytiding assholes because they're at least honest about being assholes who ruin the game for everyone else instead of taking passive-aggressive potshots.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:11:41 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24221 on: May 30, 2016, 06:42:44 pm »

Why has everyone been such a butthole the past few days?

Just play fucking spacemanns and enjoy your life

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24222 on: May 30, 2016, 07:07:41 pm »

Yeah, if you have an issue with it, start a discussion thread on the forums. And besides, the vote's not over yet.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24223 on: May 30, 2016, 08:23:42 pm »

Done.Though with how dead the forums are...

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24224 on: May 31, 2016, 02:57:26 am »

Anyways, completely unrelated to the Resomi argument, Congratulations to this thread for getting over 25000 replies! That's more then 500 pages on the common 50 posts per page and more then 1000 on my preferred 25!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:08:27 am by Vakothu »
Pages: 1 ... 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 ... 1654