Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1611 1612 [1613] 1614 1615 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128185 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24180 on: May 28, 2016, 03:14:04 pm »

There is a chance for snowpiercer tonight folks, well at least Ky said, so git hype

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24181 on: May 28, 2016, 08:32:54 pm »

The OOC got disabled three different times that last match, Space Jesus, what happened, ya'll?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24182 on: May 28, 2016, 08:56:52 pm »

The OOC got disabled three different times that last match, Space Jesus, what happened, ya'll?
There is a chance for snowpiercer tonight folks, well at least Ky said, so git hype
If Snowpiercer was going on, that always seems to set the community on fire.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24183 on: May 28, 2016, 09:55:00 pm »

It was a ninja round, actually. What exactly is snowpiercer? Like the movie?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24184 on: May 28, 2016, 10:13:24 pm »

Yep.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24185 on: May 28, 2016, 10:27:13 pm »

That sounds quite fun. I'm sad I'll have to miss it.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24186 on: May 28, 2016, 10:40:31 pm »

Imo, it's a great idea that never works as well as it should, like Rev. Basically, the idea is that you've got the oppressed proletariats in the back and the powerful nobles in the front, with guards in between. The proles try to take dominance, the nobles try to keep it. I've always found it to be a huge mess, unfortunately.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24187 on: May 28, 2016, 10:49:08 pm »

It's fun, and also nah Ky said he's gonna host it tomorrow night at 8:00 pm EST so git hype.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24188 on: May 28, 2016, 11:24:54 pm »

As long as there are still wierd middle sections of saunas and wierd mask clubs, I don't see how it could go wrong.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24189 on: May 28, 2016, 11:27:35 pm »

anyone recommend a reasonably good,neither overly RPish nor overly grieftastic server out there? Without going into those negatives that might cause forum issues?
On the lower-end side, I recommend /tg/, actually. It's a hell of a lot of fun, and though the low-RP-ness and meta and shoot-first-ask-questions-later attitude can get tiring, it's one hell of a ride.
thanks for the suggestion. It was shoot first (for minor vandalism) ask no questions that turned me off of Urist a year ago. So I think /tg/ is out. Ah well. I suppose I could give Urist another go.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24190 on: May 29, 2016, 12:03:16 am »

Per the admin charter, Nienhaus has been elected as a full admin.  This change should be reflected on the next server update.

KG
3 years today.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24191 on: May 29, 2016, 12:03:53 am »

Security is going to be shit regardless of where you play, almost everyone who puts it high in their prefs just wants an excuse to stroke their powerboner. The difference is that on high-pop servers they can't focus as much on any one person and can get overrun if they shitler it up too hardcore - five or six sec and command players are a lot less significant a force on a 30+ player server compared to one with 10-15. The higher the RP and the lower the pop, the greater the likelihood that sec ruins it. And, to be fair, on high-pop servers it's actually somewhat reasonable for them to be authoritarian pricks who don't bother RPing or talking since there's a real risk of being greytided.

Hell, I used to High HoS just so that I could prevent assholes from ruining low-pop rounds.

Per the admin charter, Nienhaus has been elected as a full admin.  This change should be reflected on the next server update.

KG
3 years today.

Ayy

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24192 on: May 29, 2016, 07:27:30 am »

KG
3 years today.
gratz. I almost miss moderating. You have been one of the better admins. As evidenced by how long you've lasted.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #24193 on: May 29, 2016, 07:38:15 am »

I play Warden exclusively because I get loads of guns and can use them against people who want to steal them. Maybe also because I have dreams of turning the Brig into Auschwitz one day. That said, I mostly always try to get people into round asap, so there is higher chance I get to shoot them. It's pretty suprising how you can make quite a bunch of friends by not being a shitler, while secretly hating everyone.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24194 on: May 29, 2016, 10:15:17 am »

And in those low-pop rounds when the station gets overrun by carp, or an admin sends in an AI kill team, passing out guns to everyone. Then having fun spending twenty minutes finding where they've hidden them after. :V

But yeah, I love it when Sec are invested in the flow of people in and out of the brig. Especially because so many people play sec without reading goddamn Space Law.

I think that there's actually a critical flaw in sec in medium-RP, insofar as that you don't really know where you stand. In low-RP you know they're going to be dicks and that there's not really much constraining you, so you can robust the shit out of them whenever the opportunity arises. In high-RP people are usually dedicated enough to talk first and detain later, barring extreme circumstances. In medium-RP there's enough leeway for them to stun + bedcuff you first and then berate you, but usually not enough for you to take proactive action by crippling or killing them, even as an antag (unless you're a dick who likes taking people out of the round 4noraisin).

I also have a slight suspicion that some people who sec on medium-RP are the ones not robust enough to cut it against the shitshows on some servers (but not interested enough in two-way interaction to play high), so they use RP rules as a shield for their own interests.

--

On a related topic: we're low enough on pop that rounds generally don't become interesting without radical action. Otherwise we end up with one or two antags creeping around for an hour, maybe getting caught or killing themselves, and then the round peters out with most people barely aware that anything happens. Either antags need to be obvious in the outcomes of their actions, or people need to vote for extended. It's why I don't get some of the attitudes floating around; a round where the antag just goal-orients and goes the full autist efficiency route to complete it, that's fucking boring. Nobody enjoys that except the one or two people in on it, and the round ends before any of the more interesting stuff you can do in extended can really be accomplished.

We also need traitor objectives back, so that tators have something to orient their actions around.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1611 1612 [1613] 1614 1615 ... 1654