Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 [1611] 1612 1613 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128214 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24150 on: May 26, 2016, 10:35:43 am »

Lifeweb is fabulous.
Company of migrants got stuck in the well and started sinking, baron suggested, that we all should drink water and piss in the well, we started doing that until the water level has rised enough for us to climb out of the well.

Swimming in urine and drinking it to make more urine, while trying not to sink. 11/10 survival experience.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24151 on: May 26, 2016, 12:28:47 pm »

Thinking about getting back into SS13 now that I've got spare time. How much of the old crowd are still around, and what are the UMcS rules like these days? Also which codebase are we using now?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24152 on: May 26, 2016, 12:33:41 pm »

Modified Baycode, Im not certain what is needed for old crowd, and the rules are mostly summed up as "Dont break the game"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24153 on: May 26, 2016, 12:38:24 pm »

I just vaguely remember near when I left a lot of admin shenanigans that completely took over populated rounds, and more than a little whining about traitors doing traitor things. But it's been a while, so eh. And vactor and Glloyd are still in charge so god knows it's better than trying to get by on any of the alternatives.

3. Run Resize Enable

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24154 on: May 26, 2016, 01:48:24 pm »

Oh hey uh F_D, I remember you. I vaguely remember you left when we still played Metastation on /tg/, but I might be wrong since this was 3 years ago. Regarding the old crowd, really depends on who you played with/remember from then, but some folks are still around. Gllerd, Vactor, Jacob left awhile ago, Ky just came back, Corai. Our admin roster has changed drastically since then, but yeah all the notable old crowd people who are still here are staff. Regarding rules, we're something like a light-medium RP now. You'd probably be fine if you played the same way as then except with some Bay adjustments I guess. But welcome back, hope to seeya around.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24155 on: May 26, 2016, 01:59:22 pm »

Thinking about getting back into SS13 now that I've got spare time. How much of the old crowd are still around, and what are the UMcS rules like these days? Also which codebase are we using now?

Some of the old old crowd is still around, me Corai, Cheedows, Kydrasz, Nienhaus and Scrdest are still around. I forget exactly when you stopped playing, but there are some other older players around too, Stefender, Lyeos, Mapleguy etc. we're on a very heavily modified Baystation 12 build with a lot of our own content now, and the rules are mostly the same. A little stricter about certain things than back when Urist first started, like knowing antagonists, but it's still relaxed as far as medium role play servers go.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24156 on: May 26, 2016, 02:24:20 pm »

Some of the old old crowd is still around, me Corai, Cheedows, Kydrasz, Nienhaus and Scrdest are still around. I forget exactly when you stopped playing, but there are some other older players around too, Stefender, Lyeos, Mapleguy etc. we're on a very heavily modified Baystation 12 build with a lot of our own content now, and the rules are mostly the same. A little stricter about certain things than back when Urist first started, like knowing antagonists, but it's still relaxed as far as medium role play servers go.
Speaking of "very heavily modified" I'm still waiting for that list features on how we are different/unique for the website.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24157 on: May 26, 2016, 04:56:09 pm »

i am also still sort of involved with spacemans, but mostly at tgstation and i dont play much anymore.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24158 on: May 26, 2016, 06:15:32 pm »

Alright, cool, I'll have to refresh myself on the differences in Baycode.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24159 on: May 27, 2016, 03:40:57 am »

anyone recommend a reasonably good,neither overly RPish nor overly grieftastic server out there? Without going into those negatives that might cause forum issues?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24160 on: May 27, 2016, 04:45:58 am »

I recommend Urist McStation.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24161 on: May 27, 2016, 04:47:37 am »

Damn, I can't find it on BYOND. Does it have a Bay12 thread or something? :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24162 on: May 27, 2016, 07:16:20 am »

anyone recommend a reasonably good,neither overly RPish nor overly grieftastic server out there? Without going into those negatives that might cause forum issues?
On the lower-end side, I recommend /tg/, actually. It's a hell of a lot of fun, and though the low-RP-ness and meta and shoot-first-ask-questions-later attitude can get tiring, it's one hell of a ride.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24163 on: May 27, 2016, 12:39:36 pm »

Question: Is there a high-res station map anywhere? I remember we typically had one for whatever station we were on back when we used /tg/ code, and it's a massive pain to orient on a new station without one. The wiki's is craptastically small.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24164 on: May 27, 2016, 12:40:47 pm »

Damn, I can't find it on BYOND. Does it have a Bay12 thread or something? :P
I do believe it does.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 [1611] 1612 1613 ... 1654