Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1595 1596 [1597] 1598 1599 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128460 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23940 on: April 05, 2016, 04:58:33 pm »

trying to build a wooden rack makes an easel instead.
I actually noticed the line in the code for it yesterday, but didn't say anything since I thought it was intended as a rename.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23941 on: April 05, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »

You can place floor tiles on the jungle, just use a regular floor tile

As for floor types, right click on the preview icon in dm and click generate instances from icon states and generate instances from directions
Unless anything's changed from yesterday, you can't. I made wood floor tiles and tried placing them on wet grass but couldn't until I got an admin to spawn plating. You also can't build on anything but floor tiles, and trying to build a wooden rack makes an easel instead.

Yeah, you gotta place down plating first with metal tiles.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23942 on: April 05, 2016, 05:52:32 pm »

Ahh. would it be possible to make a wooden equivalent to plating and girders? Also is there any consensus about bringing up the planks you get per tree to 10, or make multiple logs spawn when a tree is felled? Because right now it is a pain in the arse.

Another thing I would like would be an attachment for ripley/hoverpod to fell trees. Chainsaw?

Progress report. Security department's mostly fleshed out. Warden and HoS share an office. Anything heavier than a taser is kept in the armory for warden's discretion. Along with two cargo trains, two ATVs, and two hoverpods. ATVs are for planetary operations, cargo trains are for station operations and hoverpods for space operations.

What do people thing about adding the .45 silenced to the antag gear?

What are the bare essentials of Medical, Engineering and science?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23943 on: April 05, 2016, 06:30:24 pm »

What are the bare essentials of Medical, Engineering and science?
First aid kits, Solars/wires/metal, and either RD or Robotics.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23944 on: April 05, 2016, 07:56:17 pm »

Just wondering, would it be possible to have projectiles and bullets to pass over foilage? Because at the current moment most fighting will be done in a single file line in the jungle which wouldn't exactly be entertaining. :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23945 on: April 05, 2016, 08:43:39 pm »

Anything heavier than a taser is kept in the armory for warden's discretion.
We are intended to move to bulletsec soonish.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gale212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23946 on: April 06, 2016, 12:29:07 am »

This is why we love Ace
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Acemuto10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23947 on: April 06, 2016, 01:56:30 am »

This is why we love Ace
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Doctor Mankey, and Engineer Primeape, truly the heroes the station deserved.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23948 on: April 06, 2016, 08:24:47 am »

Is Urist ever going to get Resomi? Resomi are the main drawing card of Baystation for me. I find them extremely fun to RP as.
Technically not-urist but in Bay I did a tator gimmick 'NT special agent pacifist' where my pacifist-resomi was put undercover as a NT agent to investigate a potential triple-agent. After locating the triple-agent with antag info I got a full set of chameleon gear and an agent ID. I made myself look like ERT commander and held the QM hostage for half an hour with chameleon SAW (The QM was a triple agent by their antag records). Kudos the my hostage, (s)he(?) told sec to 'bugger off' and that it 'wasn't any of their concern' and that they believed that it was an NT agent. Cue me getting lolrushed and cuffed just as a 'min takes pity and announces over the station alert (as Adam Busey himself) to 'Release the NT agent."
Pacifist-resomi didn't even throw a punch or shoot anything. I had a cyanide apple for myself if I was permabrigged and a bootknife in my boots. After Busey stepped in Sec was all apologetic and Busey said that I was well within my rights to sue. I even managed to walk onto the shuttle holding an RPG and all of sec LOOC'd that their chars were too scared of busey to stop me. I put the RPG in my backpack (just like I did with the SAW, and the LWAP, and the pneumetic cannon, and the...) before shuttle launch

Some facts may have been distorted slightly
And I'm fully recovered from the salt that was cult. It's one of my favourite rounds, but bad shit always happens in it and you end up with enough salt to satisfy the Romans.

So yeah, are we going to have Resomi? I feel it would be another reason to choose Urist over Bay. Bay got a few cool updates lately and I think some of the features may be cool to add into Urist.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23949 on: April 06, 2016, 09:00:23 am »

What are Resomi? Your anecdote dosent exactly say what they are. It implies that they are antags, but its not clear.
Highly Opinionated Fool

blazing glory

« Reply #23950 on: April 06, 2016, 09:07:34 am »

What are Resomi? Your anecdote dosent exactly say what they are. It implies that they are antags, but its not clear.

https://baystation12.net/forums/threads/species-the-resomi.664/

Baystation's tiny spess raptors basically.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23951 on: April 06, 2016, 09:12:28 am »

We're going to update from Bay at some point in the near future, but the addition of Resomi will be entirely based on the results of a future poll, because our player base has voted against adding new races a few times.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23952 on: April 06, 2016, 09:15:44 am »

Basically tiny vox breathing oxygen. Grand.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23953 on: April 06, 2016, 09:52:36 am »

Basically tiny vox breathing oxygen. Grand.
They have unique lore. They are super fragile (I got taken out by a single lethal from an egun to the chest). They hate the heat. They are extremely weak. They have permanent weldervision overlay (they still need helmet/goggles to weld) and thermal vision (without the thermal goggle tint) under that. They are also fasy, so a single punch that breaks a bone will often end up killing them because of their speed.

They can be picked up, they can crawl on people, they can go through the plastic flaps. They can *aflap (this here being the most important mechanic they ever have).  They can eat mice (maybe lizards, haven't tested) and IMHO awesome.

For obvious reasons they can't sec (unless maybe detective?) or command.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23954 on: April 06, 2016, 11:04:07 am »

Humans can aflap. Don't question it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1595 1596 [1597] 1598 1599 ... 1654