Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1594 1595 [1596] 1597 1598 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2128501 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23925 on: April 04, 2016, 05:30:28 am »

I am working on a minimap right now
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23926 on: April 04, 2016, 06:38:22 am »

And don. Spider shrine with some stuff for forensics to look at... if they desperately want something to look at... Where do I put it up? Mega.nz?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23927 on: April 04, 2016, 06:58:38 am »

And don. Spider shrine with some stuff for forensics to look at... if they desperately want something to look at... Where do I put it up? Mega.nz?

If you can't use github, that's the next best place. Shoot me the link when you're done.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23928 on: April 04, 2016, 12:36:26 pm »

Yo any chance someone has the map of the NSS Exodus back in 2011? For nostalgia purposes.
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23929 on: April 04, 2016, 01:08:02 pm »

Yo any chance someone has the map of the NSS Exodus back in 2011? For nostalgia purposes.
Try here.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23930 on: April 04, 2016, 01:19:16 pm »

Try here.

Note that it likely won't run on Byond 509. It may also not run on BYOND 501, depending on whether Bay maintained it, which I doubt.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23931 on: April 04, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »

Things that need to happen
A way of replacing wet grass with floor so you can build on it.
More planks per tree. 5 is silly. 10 would be better, but more would be realistic.
More to come after this round ends

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23932 on: April 04, 2016, 07:23:35 pm »

in case anyone wants to try xenobotony, its 12 different blocks that are randomized. here is a cheatsheet of what each does.

Biochemisty - Chemicals, gasses and potency.
Output - Usability as battery or bio-luminescence.
Atmosphere - Heat, cold and pressure tolerance.
Hardiness- Toxins, pests and weed tolerance.
Metabolism - Nutrient, water and also if the plant alters temperature in the room.
Vigor - Production, Maturation, Yield and if it spreads like space vines.
Diet - What gasses it consumes and also if it sucks blood, eats weeds and rate which it uses water and nutrient.
Environment - Its ideal Heat, light level and tolerance to light.
Pigment - What color the plant and its products are.
Structure - What the plant and fruit looks like as well as if its able to be harvested repetitively.
Fruit - If the fruit splatters when thrown and the color of the fruit.
Special - If it teleports a person when thrown at them like bluespace tomatoes.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23933 on: April 05, 2016, 02:18:39 am »

Question: are there any requirements that certain Z-levels be certain things? I'm making a map using this server's stuff, for this server. Love it or hate it, would you be willing to give it a go?

The map is going to be small, 2wide hallways at the most.
It is going to have a lot of shuttles.
It will have the planet.
Despite the small size it is probably going to be most suited to highpop.

Pretty much something happened to a penal ship that caused it to break up near a planet, about half of it staying in orbit, the other half crashing onto the planet. A year later NanoTrasen bought the wreck and it's engineers made it somewhat habitable, although some departments are missing or empty there are plenty of storerooms and the like which have been restored to living condition.

Some areas were never fully found. The extensive armory was never found (not going to map this in anywhere) causing NT to equip it's security force with gear on loan from the NSS Exodus. Only a fraction of the living areas were found, there may be some relics from the previous owner's life inside...

more to come...

Because of certain developments many personnel get cheap mechs or RIGs in their departments. Most departments have a hoverpod. Security has a paddywagon hoverpod and a paddywagon train, for example.

TL;DR: Many departments have been merged. Sec/Med are 'Emergency response', for example, and each have their own Z-level. Cargo has been lumped in with Civilian and are on the same Z-level as them. Mining gets THREE options (Yes, resource technician instead of just 'miner'), to Mine stuff underground, to scavenge from the debris fields or go planetside and jungle.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:40:41 am by Insanegame27 »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23934 on: April 05, 2016, 04:02:03 am »

And I cant seem to find all the different floor colors in the Turf tree in the maptools

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #23935 on: April 05, 2016, 04:32:27 am »

Variables, have to make copies with one of these changed to have different colour or copy from other map.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23936 on: April 05, 2016, 04:44:31 am »

Variables, have to make copies with one of these changed to have different colour or copy from other map.
I see...

I figured a way to have 3d maps... not telling until I finish at least the salvage fields

Question: what things should there be to salvage? Very few weapons, any that are there would be weak and with no ammo. What would the archaeologist/salvager sort through a lot of assorted bric-a-brac (pens, paper, mundane stuff) for? sheet metal?

Also I want some of the poor people who died during the ship's break-up to have kept diaries, photographs of family, etc for the Xenoarch (changed to just 'Archaeologist' for the map) to find and investigate. How would I go about doing that without creating a thousand and one new instances?

Chuck up a few vague ideas here if you want.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23937 on: April 05, 2016, 09:58:15 am »

You can place floor tiles on the jungle, just use a regular floor tile

As for floor types, right click on the preview icon in dm and click generate instances from icon states and generate instances from directions

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23938 on: April 05, 2016, 11:12:22 am »

Ah, grand. another thing to bring along.

Although, since you cant seem to make wood walls just from wood, you have to bring metal anyways...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23939 on: April 05, 2016, 04:40:22 pm »

You can place floor tiles on the jungle, just use a regular floor tile

As for floor types, right click on the preview icon in dm and click generate instances from icon states and generate instances from directions
Unless anything's changed from yesterday, you can't. I made wood floor tiles and tried placing them on wet grass but couldn't until I got an admin to spawn plating. You also can't build on anything but floor tiles, and trying to build a wooden rack makes an easel instead.
Pages: 1 ... 1594 1595 [1596] 1597 1598 ... 1654