Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1550 1551 [1552] 1553 1554 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116673 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23265 on: January 22, 2016, 03:51:02 pm »

Now, Goonkitchen would be awesome to have. Again, minus some of the more... childish items.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23266 on: January 22, 2016, 04:19:45 pm »

What I would definitely want from Goonchem is a) temperature chemistry, and b) the base idea beneath chem effects (that is, some prob() based stuff and some HP-gated effects) and side-effects/chem interactions.

Trekchem, however balanced or not ATM, is boring as shit because it is shallow and extremely predictable. I've played with organic chemistry IRL and even with the simple stuff I could do it's never as clean, quick, reliable and safe as SS13 chemistry. And the Chemist winding with a faceful of broken glass and hot liquid is as entertaining to recount as Viro or Toxins fuckups, without their round-disrupting powers.

Addiction itself could be tweaked or removed completely - that's the wonder of open-source development.

Ghetto chemistry can work even better than it does on trekchem - trekchem's problem with ghetto chemistry is that it's simplistic enough that there isn't much room for improvement in actual, sterile lab chemistry over ghetto chemistry. /tg/, at least, has the machinery improvement thing, but Baycode doesn't.

If the problems you mention are present, it's far more because coders are short on fucks to enhance ghettochem - which could be addressed by adding base chems to some commonly available items and adding alternative recipes, adding a rough and unreliable ghetto chem heaters in the form of, say, welder-ing a bottle, and allowing grinding/washing out/whatever patches, respectively - though, to be fair, the newchem project is mostly Goofball's brainchild, so...

I'm not saying Goofchem is good, necessarily - but it has some nice features that could be ripped out of it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23267 on: January 22, 2016, 04:26:12 pm »

Cant say that I don't feel happy that Baystation is dying under its own restrictive and stagnant policies. In any case I hope Urist gets some updates soon I always look forward to those. Heck a new chem system would probably keep me busy for a while.

I am thinking about making a new map maybe that will also help with attracting players back with a change in scenery though I cant do any actual mapping until all the bugs are fixed and updated to the main branch.

Its not dying because of that. Its dying because a duplicate station but with new features and code popped up, Polaris. Postpone the champagne and "I was right" celebration my compatriot.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #23268 on: January 22, 2016, 04:39:37 pm »

New addiction mechanics probably won't be a thing, no. As you said, it wouldn't suit the server very well. I'll see what else I could do with it, though.

As for ghettochem, I was kind of thinking of working on it once I finish with goofchem.

Finally, I don't think I mentioned it but we probably won't get pyrotechnics in their goof/goon form, since I can't imagine it'd play nice with ZAS and we don't even have being on fire yet. I'd like to, but potasibombs,  IEDs, toxins, nitro, and toxins will probably remain your best for making things go boom for now.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #23269 on: January 22, 2016, 05:31:53 pm »

If I held a test server for some update stuff someday this weekend, would people be interested in helping me test one of the new game modes before I push it to the update branch?

Do it broski, I'm game.
Take a closer look at this text!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23270 on: January 22, 2016, 05:52:51 pm »

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23275 on: January 22, 2016, 08:23:10 pm »

The pyramids... Letus be careful asto not attract the great One of Toady by building them in a manner that aligns with his sign...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23276 on: January 22, 2016, 09:35:50 pm »

5 people on, we can do it people.

Edit: Now 7, believe in the snowballing pop everyone.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:02:30 pm by Cheedows »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23277 on: January 22, 2016, 10:18:36 pm »

I'm down for testing. Have a sneaking suspicion as to what it is... :P

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23278 on: January 23, 2016, 01:31:14 am »

It's 11 people now, at this hour. Geez.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23279 on: January 23, 2016, 02:18:58 am »

It's been 11 for the last couple hours. Been fun.

I drank so much my liver broke. I passed out and slowly died from toxin overdose. It was a good round.
Pages: 1 ... 1550 1551 [1552] 1553 1554 ... 1654