Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118369 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #23115 on: November 17, 2015, 08:48:07 am »

I haven't even downloaded Byond on my new desktop yet to return to this monstrosity. Still wondering and hoping, but skeptical of the worth - both the game's worth to me and mine to the community.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23116 on: November 17, 2015, 09:30:55 am »

I just realized, Urist being mostly abandoned now means that I can keep practicing with the SM and not get yelled at if I mess up. Obviously, the engine is slightly different in other servers but the singularity is straightforward and all other stuffs are just SM with different wires anyways.

Time to write NTSL script for transforming ians woof woof into  some angry yelling on engineers and to leave the radio near Ian, so he can constantly yell at you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23117 on: November 17, 2015, 04:34:21 pm »

We could repopulate Urist with circlejerks like in the old days. Maybe tell the old members they can have their circlejerking back.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23118 on: November 17, 2015, 04:37:53 pm »

Emergent memorable stories are my favorite part of gaming, though... and I'm willing to be very patient in search of them.  Sounds like something I'll only get to try for on the weekends, though.
Tip: don't write the game off based on a single server. Play a few rounds here, a few rounds there. Every server brings its own flavor of the game, through code, rules, community and other things.

I must always recommend tgstation as an excellent server, better than most low-RP servers on the hub. There are often admins on. If you need help, type adminhelp into your text bar.

E: alas, those circlejerks would not include me. I'm taking a break from coding and spesshmans in general, I have been for a while but now it's offishul. Got demaintainered on tg due to inactivity, too.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:39:33 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23119 on: November 17, 2015, 05:46:54 pm »

okay thats it, everyone get the fuck on, we're playing spessmans

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23120 on: November 17, 2015, 06:06:17 pm »

Also I was slightly being a dick with the circlejerk comment, but I still feel like now would be a good time to actually go back to our roots without lel random greytide.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23121 on: November 17, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »

okay thats it, everyone get the fuck on, we're playing spessmans
Maybe Saturday?

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23122 on: November 17, 2015, 06:35:14 pm »

I'm taking a break from coding and spesshmans in general, I have been for a while but now it's offishul. Got demaintainered on tg due to inactivity, too.

Kinda how I've felt since I left the headmin post on UMcS, brief code contribution stint to tg aside.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23123 on: November 24, 2015, 06:06:27 pm »

It's official

I played on another server other than Urist out of desperation.

Plz come back bby

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23124 on: November 24, 2015, 06:13:08 pm »

I have plans in motion, but I won't really have time to expand upon that until next week when i actually have time/an internet connection. Just have faith for now.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #23125 on: November 24, 2015, 06:17:59 pm »

Deathmatch rounds when?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23127 on: November 25, 2015, 12:59:53 am »

Tried this for the first time tonight, on some Aliens-themed server.  The interface is horrid to learn.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #23128 on: November 25, 2015, 01:00:47 am »

Tried this for the first time tonight, on some Aliens-themed server.  The interface is horrid to learn.
Colonial Marines tends to be an...Unusual...server.

And yeah, the interface is terribad. There's actually a few servers running an even older version of it that's even worse... *shudders*
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23129 on: November 25, 2015, 01:02:54 am »

Yeah, I didn't like it.  But it was the only server that had more than a couple dozen people on at the time, and I could tell I would want to be a random face in a larger crowd for my first time, so people would be more likely to ignore me as I screw around figuring stuff out.

I'm definitely up for trying again on a different server.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 1654