Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118003 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22980 on: August 28, 2015, 06:02:26 am »

In the interests of
shit better go well

since this is as I understand it the debut of GC, and GC is sorta like SCOM without the crappy bits, what is our job diversity gonna look like?

I.E. Are we actually gonna need engineers, or will engineers be turned into soldiers like in SCOM? What about science/medical guys?

And if we do need such positions, any info on what they can expect to be doing? I mean will engies just be keeping a engine online like in "normal" games or will they be building stuff? (supposing engineers are actually needed ofc)
And same questions for command positions etc.

I mean I understand you want stuff to be a surprise, but "SUPRISE! You're on BABYSITTING DUTY!" isn't a very fun surprise for the surprised :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22981 on: August 28, 2015, 10:37:24 am »

In the interests of
shit better go well

since this is as I understand it the debut of GC, and GC is sorta like SCOM without the crappy bits, what is our job diversity gonna look like?

It isn't, as I've said a number of times before. The ship fighting is mostly simplified, and a lot of it will be done by player controlled fighters. GC's going to be a lot different. This is just an event that happens to feature a space battle :

I.E. Are we actually gonna need engineers, or will engineers be turned into soldiers like in SCOM? What about science/medical guys?

And if we do need such positions, any info on what they can expect to be doing? I mean will engies just be keeping a engine online like in "normal" games or will they be building stuff? (supposing engineers are actually needed ofc)
And same questions for command positions etc.

I mean I understand you want stuff to be a surprise, but "SUPRISE! You're on BABYSITTING DUTY!" isn't a very fun surprise for the surprised :P

Nah, anybody who really wants to play an engineer can help repair the numerous holes that are going to get punched in the ship and try to keep medbay pressurised.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22982 on: August 28, 2015, 11:10:02 am »

player controlled fighters.

Well I know what job *I* want o.o

Indeed, I do this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22983 on: August 28, 2015, 07:20:06 pm »

PTW...
Might play, eventually.
Might not.
I dunno.
What with school and all.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22984 on: August 29, 2015, 02:06:47 am »

PTW...
Might play, eventually.
Might not.
I dunno.
What with school and all.

You should definitely play. What has school ever done for you other then flood you with shit you don't want to do and will never use? Just skip it and come play spacemans.

Indeed, I do this.

Meunahlux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22985 on: August 29, 2015, 05:20:52 am »

Hopefully i'll be able to play, problem is dinner is gonna probably happen in the middle of it, ech.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22986 on: August 29, 2015, 12:50:34 pm »

Hopefully i'll be able to play, problem is dinner is gonna probably happen in the middle of it, ech.

You should definitely play. What has dinner ever done for you other then try and make you fat? Just skip it and come play spacemans.

Indeed, I do this.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #22987 on: August 29, 2015, 03:09:29 pm »

Server is updated and back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22988 on: August 29, 2015, 08:07:33 pm »

Connected (after a long break) to check out this event, but got dazzled by the chargen options.  Need some advice on my character, after checking the wiki.
I want Tau Ceti as my home system.  Both for Marathon reference, and because the lore fits my existing (tg) character.  Remote colony with weak ties to Nanotrasen or anyone else.  Specifically Tau Ceti 2, Luthien, a dangerous jungle/savanna.
Despite, or even in response to their feral homeworld, Alex Drum is a loyal NanoTrasen employee.  So that takes care of the faction.

What I don't see yet is where their citizenship would be.  I'm leaning toward "none", which fits the character well.  Lucky to even be onstation and growing crops or doing dangerous repair work.  But first I have to ask, would a typical Tau Ceti resident have citizenship?

Probably way overthinking this of course, but I want to have a concept which doesn't have blatant holes :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22989 on: August 29, 2015, 09:02:34 pm »

I was expecting some sort of engineering FTL style of keeping a ship together but it sadly wasnt. Either way i can see this event being fun when all the kinks are worked out.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22990 on: August 29, 2015, 09:16:28 pm »

A lot of things went wrong, and I'll be the first to admit it. However, I'd like to think of this as a Beta test for future events like this. I've gotten a lot of good feedback that I can put to use, and I'd appreciate it if everyone could leave some feedback in the thread. Here is how it ended:

BREAKING NEWS: Today is a grim day. Ryclies II has fallen to alien forces. This could spell doom for Ryclies I as it is dependent on II for food. A representative from ANFOR says that retaking Ryclies II is their number one priority.

What does this mean? Well, you did lose, it was weighted towards the aliens, but in a couple weeks, there will be a chance for redemption, a chance to retake Ryclies II. So until then, I will do my best to address all the feedback. Thanks for playing, and sorry again for how it went, especially for ANFOR.

The good thing though is that most of the planet people were saying it's a good time though, and people liked the stuff on the ANFOR ship plus the fighter combat that worked. There was just a fuckton of execution issues. Next time, I'll be better prepared. Remember how shit the first S-COM test was compared to the 2nd and 3rd? And how shit the first snow train event was compared to the second and 3rd? And how much better the later train events were? Give these events time, once the kinks are worked out I think it can go pretty damn well.

EDIT: The feedback I'm getting is giving me really good ideas for the next one. So get ready for an actually epic battle to retake Ryclies II sometime in the coming weeks.

EDIT2: So it's clear that next time I should give people a map for the space battle.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:39:40 pm by Glloyd »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22991 on: August 30, 2015, 04:46:54 am »

EDIT2: So it's clear that next time I should give people a map for the space battle.
Hell even a BASIC DESCRIPTION of what the thing we are supposed to be killing LOOKS LIKE would be a lot more then what was given.

Also, could I request in future such events that a general reminder be put out to fighter pilots that you have to turn the oxygen on in the ship? That REALLY fuckin sucked to die so ignominiously.

And unrelatedly, any chance of getting the luchador masks added to the chargen options? :P

Indeed, I do this.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #22992 on: August 30, 2015, 05:47:25 am »

TFW you miss out the event and will proably miss out next months anything because you're in the real life now.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22993 on: August 30, 2015, 07:30:10 am »

TFW you miss out the event and will proably miss out next months anything because you're in the real life now.
All you missed was pointlessly wandering around in fighters trying to figure out what the fuck we were supposed to be doing. And then dying because you don't know how to turn the ships oxygen supply on and no one tells you till its too late.

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22994 on: August 30, 2015, 07:41:54 am »

All you missed was pointlessly wandering around in fighters trying to figure out what the fuck we were supposed to be doing. And then dying because you don't know how to turn the ships oxygen supply on and no one tells you till its too late.
BFEL - you could've just as well used an airtank, and you started with one. And you cannot even start to imagine how ahelp looked between people juggling three separate taskforces, buggy-ass fighters and newfriends being shitlers. And I'm saying that as a fellow pilot.

Also, quite frankly I was a bit sad that with the teased different faction goals it boiled down to each team doing their own thing, I hoped for intra-defender conflict.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 1654