Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 [1530] 1531 1532 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118113 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22935 on: August 24, 2015, 12:22:35 am »

Because S-COM is kiiinda terrible.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22936 on: August 24, 2015, 01:01:17 am »

I don't see the appeal of having mutiny round when you could have S-Com.

Because S-COM is nowhere near finished and development has been put on temporary hold.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #22937 on: August 24, 2015, 01:07:37 am »

I don't see the appeal of having mutiny round when you could have S-Com.

Because S-COM is nowhere near finished and development has been put on temporary hold.
It's gr8 tho, as long as you don't give shit about missions and do them at your own pace. It's got tanks too.

Also...
The hamster (625) has been attacked with the fire axe (Wielded) by Vasilisa Silla.
Evil, evil woman.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22938 on: August 24, 2015, 07:38:18 am »

-snip-
It was a good round. I regretted the switch to mutiny next round. I don't see the appeal.

The appeal is not having a wizard round.
Next time I'm Wizard it'll be wizard violence all the way. Short, sweet, and doomed from the start. Maybe not everyone's favorite round, but shouldn't last more than twenty minutes, so forgotten before the pain has a chance to really set in. Though, I actually like Wizard, especially the way Hans or Jacob ... oh, right.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22939 on: August 24, 2015, 08:53:19 am »

Slow wizard is more fun, most of the time.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22940 on: August 24, 2015, 09:52:26 am »

Slow wizard is more fun, most of the time.
I agree  :D. If you can get cooperation from the crew for fun RP, that is. I almost always get at least one jackass who wants to steal my shit ::), and one powergamer whose sole purpose is "kill the wizard, end the round." >:(

I love playing quirky characters outside the normal run of things  8). But every time I do, be it a fever monkey, a wizard, a Giant Space Carp what unnerstanns egrish, a walking mushroom, or an Avatar of a Mad God, I am almost invariably looked upon as a threat by certain characters, and as an opportunity for lelmurder or lelsteal or "cure the monkey and humanize him/her."

Saturday's Goth and Carp round was a delightful exception.  :D :D :D (did get stunned or killed by a player controlled Beepski, though). And being a fever monkey getting cured and humanized was okay, but I was actually more limited as a human without ID than as a monkey, and while people interacted with me as a monkey, as a human afterward I was roundly ignored. :(

If, as wizard, I knew how to properly give powers to crewmen as apprentices, I'd totally make a little army of one power henchcrew and let the round play itself, though :P  8) 8)

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22941 on: August 24, 2015, 10:09:51 am »

If, as wizard, I knew how to properly give powers to crewmen as apprentices, I'd totally make a little army of one power henchcrew and let the round play itself, though :P  8) 8)
This reminds me of the time when I, as a vampire, was literally selling my own vampiric blood as some kind of miracle elixir in the Cargo shop. Was able to get an admin to turn anyone I injected my blood with into a vampire. Maybe that could work out for you?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22942 on: August 24, 2015, 10:20:28 am »

i literally have nothing to add to this besides

HOLY SHIT SO MANY EMOTICONS

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22943 on: August 24, 2015, 11:18:24 am »

I felt that the tone of some of my comments was a bit critical or negative and wanted to offset that, as I felt generally upbeat about things and didn't think that really showed properly. I try not to be as difficult as I sometimes am.

This reminds me of the time when I, as a vampire, was literally selling my own vampiric blood as some kind of miracle elixir in the Cargo shop. Was able to get an admin to turn anyone I injected my blood with into a vampire. Maybe that could work out for you?
something like that wold be cool. if I get a chance to be wizard, and a friendly admin i on and there isn't too much drama for them to handle, I'll broach the subject.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22944 on: August 24, 2015, 11:49:06 am »

I felt that the tone of some of my comments was a bit critical or negative and wanted to offset that, as I felt generally upbeat about things and didn't think that really showed properly. I try not to be as difficult as I sometimes am.

I see. I didn't really see much that would indicate overt critical-ness or negativity.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22945 on: August 24, 2015, 12:06:52 pm »

I see. I didn't really see much that would indicate overt critical-ness or negativity.
maybe I'm overthinking :P

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #22946 on: August 25, 2015, 12:22:10 am »

It's amazing what some people can do with help of Admins while I can hardly make them notice me unless I do something slightly wrong. Eh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22947 on: August 25, 2015, 12:35:22 am »

It's amazing what some people can do with help of Admins while I can hardly make them notice me unless I do something slightly wrong. Eh.

The Pray and Adminhelp buttons are your friend. Mostly the Pray button. Admins will pick up on good roleplaying and encourage that.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #22948 on: August 25, 2015, 04:03:31 am »

Yeah, I once prayed and managed to convince Great Lord Corai to have nature (first asteroid rock, then grass, then trees and animals...) slowly spread from ritually-consecrated crayon-runes and assimilate the station. Halfway through the round, the AI declared that the Chapel should now be called the Terrarium. Who says Chaplain is useless?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #22949 on: August 25, 2015, 05:03:59 am »

To think of it, I had some moments.
I wanted to become a cult mouse after cult tried to convert me (it didin't work, I was a mouse after all), didin't happen, though I have to admit that in the end I got renamed to be a hamster (after I died thanks to scaly CE with fire axe that's afraid of rodents). Also that one time when people fucked over me for trying to play music to everyone and I wanted to scare people and bring venegance upon them which almost worked if not that on the same time everyone else got to be a antagonist and the station had noone alive except me in five minutes. And I died soon after because holes everywhere.

On a bit related note...
Why does everyone seem to hate music so hard? I mean, okay, thanks to how it's done it's not going to be masterpieces (and violin is horrendous, but guitar and piano are both pretty okay), but cutting someone's arms over it? Brutal.

EDIT:
I like how Mothership Computer (the one from S-Com, the one used to blow up the whole thing) is named fuckitall in code.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:39:47 am by Kot »
Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 [1530] 1531 1532 ... 1654