Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126288 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22620 on: July 21, 2015, 11:24:51 am »

A possible fix might be to make all weapons more inaccurate when used against a prepared (intent not 'help', weapon out, etc.) foe, not necessarily weaker, to account for dodging, parrying, and so on.
That's actually how it works in hand-to-hand combat right now.

Otherwise target the arms/hands to knock someones weapon out of their arms would be better.
It's already a thing, actually. It's just that between Disarm intent and the difficulty in quickly changing targetted bodypart, it's not really used.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22621 on: July 21, 2015, 01:36:08 pm »

A simple push is not a KO. Pushing somebody over doesn't last very long, and if you're pushed over while holding a stun weapon, you should've stunned your assailant in the first place. If said assailant has a lethal weapon, he'd probably be using that for its innate knockdown chance.

At least, that's how it works on tg.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22622 on: July 21, 2015, 01:53:09 pm »

A simple push is not a KO. Pushing somebody over doesn't last very long, and if you're pushed over while holding a stun weapon, you should've stunned your assailant in the first place. If said assailant has a lethal weapon, he'd probably be using that for its innate knockdown chance.

At least, that's how it works on tg.

I don't think anyone said anything about stun weapons, at all. You're the only one talking about stun weapons.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22623 on: July 21, 2015, 02:08:38 pm »

Yes, but I can't think of a situation where being pushed over is that much of a disadvantage,unless you were holding weapons yourself.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22624 on: July 21, 2015, 02:40:13 pm »

Yes, but I can't think of a situation where being pushed over is that much of a disadvantage,unless you were holding weapons yourself.
You forget that Bay tasers aren't one-hit stuns. It's hardly improbable for someone to take a tase, move up to you, push you, then stun YOU into KO with your own weapon at a guaranteed hit.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22625 on: July 21, 2015, 02:41:24 pm »

I haven't played this game in perhaps 2 years. Have any improvements been made? I remember there being modded servers with some incredible additions, but can't recall which or where.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22626 on: July 21, 2015, 03:07:20 pm »

I haven't played this game in perhaps 2 years. Have any improvements been made? I remember there being modded servers with some incredible additions, but can't recall which or where.
Ooooh boy. Two years is a long time in SS13. It's not even that there are modded servers - there's two major codebases and their tons and tons of forks and forks of forks, plus Goon, which is major but aside from the former two doesn't have forks since their code is super seekrit.

And they all undergo gradual divergent evolution. So yeah, aside from the basic concept, there's all kinds of stuff. Hell, just one update on Baycode usually has enough changes that the less notable ones are omitted - and those happen every month or two, multiply that by at least 12... yeah.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22627 on: July 21, 2015, 03:12:47 pm »

vg also counts as major nowadays, and Para is pretty big despite having no forks that I know of.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22628 on: July 21, 2015, 03:34:53 pm »

vg also counts as major nowadays, and Para is pretty big despite having no forks that I know of.
vgcode is still officially a fork of Baycode. No denying it's major, but putting it under the Bay half of the fork umbrella is better for my laziness.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22629 on: July 21, 2015, 03:36:48 pm »

Well, bay is a fork of tg too :)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22630 on: July 21, 2015, 03:56:06 pm »

Well, bay is a fork of tg too :)
It is. And both are (and were before the merge) forks of Goon. But they don't display that on their GitHub :P - hence the 'officially'.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22631 on: July 21, 2015, 03:57:28 pm »

That's not really official, imo. They just didn't bother to change it, and doing that would be impractical due to the issue tracker.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22632 on: July 21, 2015, 04:01:25 pm »

That's not really official, imo. They just didn't bother to change it, and doing that would be impractical due to the issue tracker.
Whaaaaaatever. Like I said, the primary purpose was me wanting to have to do less writing to get the point across.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22634 on: July 22, 2015, 05:04:00 am »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1507 1508 [1509] 1510 1511 ... 1654