Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1497 1498 [1499] 1500 1501 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2126089 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22470 on: July 01, 2015, 10:39:33 pm »

If they are metagaming, they are breaking a rule.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22471 on: July 01, 2015, 11:16:34 pm »

There is possibly some of that going on, but if there is, it's unactionable. I said powergaming, as in "you are the antag, I am on team nanotrasen (or rather, team ME), therefore, I will now kill you on sight." Sure, metagaming might play in, as in "hmm stuff is happening, it's secret mode, the person responsible must be Syndicate scum and therefore valid-murder-target.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22472 on: July 02, 2015, 03:51:17 am »

There is possibly some of that going on, but if there is, it's unactionable. I said powergaming, as in "you are the antag, I am on team nanotrasen (or rather, team ME), therefore, I will now kill you on sight." Sure, metagaming might play in, as in "hmm stuff is happening, it's secret mode, the person responsible must be Syndicate scum and therefore valid-murder-target.
Or, you know, you can just point out the person you have a problem with, and if an admin is actually protecting them then *they* can be examined as well.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22473 on: July 02, 2015, 05:06:35 am »

But who watches the watchmen?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22474 on: July 02, 2015, 05:31:44 am »

"you are the antag, I am on team nanotrasen (or rather, team ME), therefore, I will now kill you on sight."
I was going to quote the bit of the rues which covers this, but the forums are down for CPU load? Anyways, point them out to admins/mentors, at the least we will point out to them that their roleplaying sucks.

Radio, Glloyd does. And before you ask, everyone watches Glloyd. Who watches us. Its a loop.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22475 on: July 02, 2015, 05:59:26 am »

Hmm. Is 'us' all the players, or just the admins? And should glloyd go out of line, what can you actually do outside of complaining in the thread? Finally, what prevents a situation where the admins (and glloyd, presumably) cover for each other, and leave the players they don't favor out cold?

Just wondering out loud, by the way, not being terribly serious. It's just a 2D spessmehns game, after all!

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22476 on: July 02, 2015, 06:54:18 am »

Hmm. Is 'us' all the players, or just the admins? And should glloyd go out of line, what can you actually do outside of complaining in the thread? Finally, what prevents a situation where the admins (and glloyd, presumably) cover for each other, and leave the players they don't favor out cold?

Just wondering out loud, by the way, not being terribly serious. It's just a 2D spessmehns game, after all!

Glloyd becomes shitmin -> admins contact Vactor, set up a new github with current code and remove Glloyd from adminlist on new codebase, which Vactor switches to
Allmins become shitmins -> people contact Vactor
Vactor becomes shithost -> man up and deal with it there's literally nothing we can do except get a new server
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22477 on: July 02, 2015, 07:15:27 am »

Clearly, we need a pre-emptive people's revolution.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22478 on: July 02, 2015, 01:22:56 pm »

Or, you know, you can just point out the person you have a problem with, and if an admin is actually protecting them then *they* can be examined as well.
I've Pm'ed Aedel with my side of THIS particular situation.

But who watches the watchmen?
RC has a good point, but for my two cents, I support the admins of Urist. Only two admins since i was fortunate enough to be made moderator were, in my opinion, bad admins (no, Rabid, not you), and I made my opinion pretty clear back then. I'm not one to remain silent or shrug stuff like that off.

We're all human, and if a particular player tends to make life easier for the admins, it's only natural to give them a little more slack, but I will say that they don't tend to let serious bullshit go, not for long. I've been behind the scenes while players have complained about the admins not doing anything about "grief." Occasionally, it was an accident, a poor choice by a player, simple ignorance, or some other easily correctable attitude. When it wasn't - it usually doesn't take long (ymmv) for the admins to ban the offending griefer.

tl;dr. My issue isn't with the admins as if they were a gang of rogues. They are generally good people/players doing a challenging job.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22479 on: July 02, 2015, 04:14:17 pm »

Clearly, we need a pre-emptive people's revolution.

Yeah, down with Glloyd! What a tyrant.

Wait...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22480 on: July 02, 2015, 04:20:32 pm »

* LordSlowpoke pulls a tank transfer valve out of their satchel

yes

quite

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22481 on: July 02, 2015, 05:54:40 pm »

yes

quite
* BFEL  Transfers tanks from the tank transfer valve to the Ultraliberator Tank Brigade
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22482 on: July 02, 2015, 06:31:54 pm »

yes

quite
* BFEL  Transfers tanks from the tank transfer valve to the Ultraliberator Tank Brigade
* Nienhaus bans everyone besides active admins.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22483 on: July 02, 2015, 07:06:01 pm »

yes

quite
* Nienhaus bans everyone besides active admins.
im

im not sure if that includes me or not
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22484 on: July 02, 2015, 07:43:21 pm »

If you have been on in the last week. So I'm banned.
Pages: 1 ... 1497 1498 [1499] 1500 1501 ... 1654