Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125883 times)

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22350 on: June 21, 2015, 04:58:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

it happened again
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22351 on: June 21, 2015, 05:04:14 am »

Can't you guys just... make Calamity votable or something? (Or let me do it if we're all up for it).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22352 on: June 21, 2015, 05:09:46 am »

Can't you guys just... make Calamity votable or something? (Or let me do it if we're all up for it).

It was better than Calamity apparently because I was controlling everything to make controlled chaos. I prevented blobs of antags from being gods by giving them objectives to kill eachother. Although Calamity would have the same result really. I'd love it to be votable.

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #22353 on: June 21, 2015, 10:57:50 am »

Objective #1: Harm Petra Belrose, the Geneticist. Fail.
Objective #2: Protect Petra Belrose, the Geneticist. Fail.
"Don't worry, I'm here to protect you! Now SUFFER"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22354 on: June 21, 2015, 12:52:22 pm »

Why are there objectives listed?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22355 on: June 21, 2015, 01:02:04 pm »

Why are there objectives listed?
They can be added by admins. That was *extended*, mind you.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22356 on: June 21, 2015, 01:12:35 pm »

Point still stands...

aaadminnnnnnnsssss!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22357 on: June 21, 2015, 01:21:47 pm »

I remember when we ran /tg/station with a bug that always generated the max number of traitors (4) at roundstart. Particularly small rounds (commonplace back then) would have literally everyone manning the station (except one sorry soul or two) a traitor to NanoTrasen, frequently holding objectives to assassinate each other in a clean chain. We had similar problems features when admins went overboard with the "create antags" button, as that also tended to generate too many antags relative to the crew. I'd be perfectly okay with a mode that generated most of the antag types and gave them all objectives to kill each other. Like double agents but more cataclysmic and more difficult to follow.

My dream mode was one that generated one "major" antagonist (revs, ops, wizard) and then tossed in one or two "minor" antagonists (traitor, ling, solitary cultist with two words) but otherwise ran normally. Calamity never quite hit it for me because it explicitly attempts to break the crew as fast as possible: it halves event times and generates full suites of antags. There was an old pull request on /tg/ that tried something like this. Apparently there's a similar system in work on /tg/ now where it will derail the round and swap it to another type on-the-fly if the primary antagonist set dies and the round is set to continue until evacuation.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22358 on: June 21, 2015, 01:36:59 pm »

And small rounds aren't commonplace now? :P
Man, you switched off of /tg/code before mulligan (the second thing J/L linked) was implemented. For a while, there was a bug where all latejoins would become an antag!

And yeah, mulligan is a thing that keeps rounds going to prevent the crew killing a wizard or w/e and then nothing happening ever because people dont want to call the shuttle. Most people dislike it, though.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:38:36 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22359 on: June 21, 2015, 01:43:31 pm »

J/L - Bay's antag refactor allows just that easily, except you can also use it to just vote any antag enabled to be votable mid-round.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22360 on: June 21, 2015, 02:47:11 pm »

Special Announcement

Good news! S-COM should shortly be hotfixed and 100% playable by any number of players greater than one. That's something I'm pretty happy about. As for the mode itself, I've got big plans for it, and expect to see some substantial updates throughout June and July aimed at expanding the mode and making it "feature complete".

I'll get into the specifics of that at a later date, but what I really want to talk about right now is some other gamemode plans I have. As I said, I want to add a few more this summer. One should be in testing by next weekend or the weekend after if something comes up. That one is called "infestation", and is aimed at being similar to Colonial Marines, but in gamemode form and more streamlined.

Another one which I've been slowly working on is a counterpart to S-COM, tentatively called "Galactic Crisis". While S-COM focusses mainly around the battle for Nyx, GC is about the galaxy as a whole. In terms of playstyle, it'll be something like a mashup of NewCOM Within + Long War mod, S-COM and FTL. What do I mean by that? Well, the mode is intended to be quite long as far as SS13 rounds go, but the idea behind the round is that the fight goes on. You will still be playing as S-COM soldiers, but the scope will be broader, the missions larger, the enemies tougher and the consequences more dire. I've done some minor work on it so far, and many of the features I have planned for S-COM will also find a place in GC. However, I thought I'd share some of what I have planned for the mode: Space Combat, ANTAG operatives running missions alongside S-COM (they'll have their own fun stuff), Genemodding, potential for changelings within S-COM, base expansion, randomly generated maps, expanded science, augmentations,  more classes, actions have consequences (fuck up and you may find aliens attacking the S-COM base. Better hope you guys put money into base defences) and more. I've gotten some good work on it done, and space battles are shaping up to be pretty cool. But, I'm waiting on some stuff from Bay to come down the pipe before I put my full effort onto this, so don't expect to see a test until early August or so. Either way, before then you'll have infestation and regular S-COM to play.

Happy summer, I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to see you all on the server soon enough.

Cheers!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22361 on: June 21, 2015, 03:36:14 pm »

ugh. I'm almost tempted to log in
almost.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22362 on: June 21, 2015, 07:16:26 pm »

Point still stands...

aaadminnnnnnnsssss!

VVV

It was better than Calamity apparently because I was controlling everything to make controlled chaos. I prevented blobs of antags from being gods by giving them objectives to kill eachother. Although Calamity would have the same result really. I'd love it to be votable.

also

>scom
>galactic crisis
>infestation

Are we becoming Urist McEventsIntoGamemodes station?  I like.
---
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
>spawn Skye in asteroid
>they end up robusting security on the station after I stop watching to get a drink after 5min
>with a stun baton and welding helmet
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:15:19 am by Aedel »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22363 on: June 22, 2015, 06:25:59 am »

Ew, does bay still use the ugly neon pink octopus-weed aliens? :V

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22364 on: June 22, 2015, 06:32:51 am »

Ew, does bay still use the ugly neon pink octopus-weed aliens? :V
BS12's moving away from them.

What does /tg/ use?
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 1654