Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125641 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22140 on: May 08, 2015, 06:07:10 pm »

Thanks Vac!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22141 on: May 08, 2015, 07:37:52 pm »

S-COM TIME!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22142 on: May 09, 2015, 07:56:46 pm »

That was a fun cult PEACEFUL NEW RELIGIOUS MOVEMENT round. Aside from Emma Jones's meta and the fact that Corai eventually had to resort to shenanigans, lols were had.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22143 on: May 09, 2015, 09:09:48 pm »

Okay, since apparently antags doesn't understand the difference between justified murder and murderboning, here's a little guide from the antag who has never murdered.

1. Are they running towards you and they know you're hostile? Toast the fucker.
2. Have you yelled 'FREEZE' yet? If so and they're still moving, toast the fucker.
3. Are they hostage and people aren't complying? Toast the fucker.
4. Are they clown? Toast the fucker
5. SHOOT THE FUCK OUT OF SECURITY AND COMMAND UNLESS THEY SURRENDER
6. Mercenary's objective is to bomb the station, not kill everyone. Okay, maybe kill all command if you want, but you're still human beings so have some compassion and let the poor civilians get on the shuttle.
7. If they are attacking you, of course toast the fucker.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:15:20 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22144 on: May 09, 2015, 09:29:41 pm »

You know, now I realized why Hanslanda and whatshisface doesn't play anymore. It's not because they're elite, it's because Urist McStation's playerbase is objectively terrible.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22145 on: May 09, 2015, 10:19:05 pm »

Edit: Was a jerk and misinterpreted a message Objective said, my fault. Just had a long day and just saw this and jumped to conclusions.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:56:54 pm by Cheedows »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22146 on: May 09, 2015, 10:47:44 pm »

...Okay not the time but

>objectively
h-heh
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22147 on: May 10, 2015, 05:07:28 am »

Okay, since apparently antags doesn't understand the difference between justified murder and murderboning, here's a little guide from the antag who has never murdered.

1. Are they running towards you and they know you're hostile? Toast the fucker.
2. Have you yelled 'FREEZE' yet? If so and they're still moving, toast the fucker.
3. Are they hostage and people aren't complying? Toast the fucker.
4. Are they clown? Toast the fucker
5. SHOOT THE FUCK OUT OF SECURITY AND COMMAND UNLESS THEY SURRENDER
6. Mercenary's objective is to bomb the station, not kill everyone. Okay, maybe kill all command if you want, but you're still human beings so have some compassion and let the poor civilians get on the shuttle.
7. If they are attacking you, of course toast the fucker.
While I agree that at least some parts of the playerbase are shitlers, kvetching on about antags is back-asswards.

1 & 2 & 3 & 4: Counterpoint - Disarm (and rubber PDA, for clowns). You cannot afford *not* to shoot any potential threat in the face since you're a quick click away from being kill if J. Random Civilian suddenly remembers his l33t sp3ss c0mmand0 training and reks you, a highly trained, armed agent.
5: Pretty much the same thing except this time they don't even need to be in melee range and have numerical superiority.
6: No it isn't. Objectiveless, remember?
7: Duh. All other things aside, if you die, it's basically Extended now, but nobody knows that. And god help you if you get put into perma and locked in a cell with blast doors, might as well ghost.

And that's just traitor/nuke. The thing I mentioned with Cult yesterday - we've been playing a non-overtly-aggressive cult and set up an operations center in the Chapel (admittably, after assassinating the Chaplain since I had no reason he was even there and walked in on that).

After just hanging around and inducting people willing to join after explaining to them the gist of things and demonstrating some tricks, suddenly Captain bursts in, yells about the runes being grafitti after being told those are religious symbols, she started to erase them with a Null Rod. And later tried to confiscate a Soul Shard on the basis of 'I don't know. It could be used to cut someone. It's red.'.

Wizard, ironically, gets it least bad, as it's the one antag that is the most blatantly over most of the time.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22148 on: May 10, 2015, 05:30:32 am »

7: Duh. All other things aside, if you die, it's basically Extended now, but nobody knows that. And god help you if you get put into perma and locked in a cell with blast doors, might as well ghost.

If i'm ever on(PFFFFT) when this happens, ahelp. I WILL find a reason to blow permabrig up for you. Only turboshitters that are asking for it do that.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22149 on: May 10, 2015, 05:37:12 am »

Isn't there a random event that fucks up the brig? I'll gladly toss that at permabriggers.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22150 on: May 10, 2015, 05:52:18 am »

Isn't there a random event that fucks up the brig? I'll gladly toss that at permabriggers.
Only works, if not for brig only, then for normal perma doors, whereas a total lockdown is blast doors.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22151 on: May 10, 2015, 10:31:02 am »

It opens all windoors and bolts open interrogation, security office, and I think perma doors. Source: It's the bane of my existence as an engineer when we don't have an AI/any borgs. With blast doors, you're still screwed. Just now slightly less so.

And of course, even if you don't have the blast doors down, it'd still be a pain to actually get out without being tazed and locker'd until the doors are fixed.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22152 on: May 10, 2015, 12:04:35 pm »

Speaking as the one who designed it, perma is actually easy enough to get out, if you know how. You just need to be quick and not mess up a single step.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22153 on: May 10, 2015, 12:42:21 pm »

Speaking as the one who designed it, perma is actually easy enough to get out, if you know how. You just need to be quick and not mess up a single step.
Yeah, but again, it's only if you don't get locked down in your cell, stripped naked.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22154 on: May 10, 2015, 12:54:22 pm »

Yeah, but again, it's only if you don't get locked down in your cell, stripped naked.
Someone does that, ahelp it. at the least an admin/mentor/mod/whatever explaining exactly how shitty it is should have an effect. At the most it may lead to some fun, or possibly !!FUN!!, RP.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 1475 1476 [1477] 1478 1479 ... 1654