Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125437 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22020 on: April 19, 2015, 06:17:44 pm »

Nevermind
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22021 on: April 19, 2015, 08:25:15 pm »

did it died

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22022 on: April 19, 2015, 08:26:15 pm »

Sudden lagspike.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22023 on: April 19, 2015, 08:27:57 pm »

It's dead.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22024 on: April 19, 2015, 08:29:05 pm »

CVRs killed it. I can feel it.

Bluebiscuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22025 on: April 19, 2015, 08:29:45 pm »

Did the server just die?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22026 on: April 19, 2015, 08:52:53 pm »

Looks like.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22027 on: April 20, 2015, 04:10:57 am »

I miss the good ol days when there was enough people around for me to play doctor every round, among other things. Its probably my fixation with Nokolai though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nokolai is best lizard

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22028 on: April 20, 2015, 04:20:28 am »

Seems about right.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22029 on: April 20, 2015, 08:53:21 am »

So I was reading a certain server's forums and-

Hardsuits now can't be cuffed at all. If they don't comply, you basically have to stun them via other means, forcibly remove the suit via surgery, then cuff them.

This was brought up in a conversation about Vox. I couldn't find anything else on it so i'm assuming an update to Vox is upcoming. Or to hardsuits.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22030 on: April 20, 2015, 11:16:05 am »

So I was reading a certain server's forums and-

Hardsuits now can't be cuffed at all. If they don't comply, you basically have to stun them via other means, forcibly remove the suit via surgery, then cuff them.

This was brought up in a conversation about Vox. I couldn't find anything else on it so i'm assuming an update to Vox is upcoming. Or to hardsuits.
Likely both. The hardsuit -> rig thing came in the last update and is still worked on, and I know for a fact that Vox' cuffing code was changed as station Vox were lelunarrestable.

E: HURGHABLURGH. Reading the suggestions for the upstream codebase makes me regret I didn't campaign harder for vgcode >_>
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:34:09 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22031 on: April 20, 2015, 01:16:13 pm »

Hey! I just discovered this game today and it looks really neat! The only thing, though, is that I'm not sure how to approach learning the game.

Should I just join any old server and learn via trial-and-error as a Staff Assistant? The amount of information to absorb on the wiki is mind-boggling to me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22032 on: April 20, 2015, 01:24:39 pm »

Hey! I just discovered this game today and it looks really neat! The only thing, though, is that I'm not sure how to approach learning the game.

Should I just join any old server and learn via trial-and-error as a Staff Assistant? The amount of information to absorb on the wiki is mind-boggling to me.
Any old - not really. Preferences aside, all servers have their own particular gameplay and in some cases there is very little overlap - for example, doing Chemistry on Goonstation and Urist is *entirely* different, so is the medical system between all the main codebases now. Pick a server you want to play on and stick to its codebase, otherwise you'll just end up confused.

Assistants are not the best learning role - they have their own particular... subculture? Basically, Assistants are used as screw-around jobs, since they have no real duties - the traditional recommended starting role is Cargo Technician - low risk, low responsibility and rather intensive on using the various basic things with movement and inventory.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22033 on: April 20, 2015, 01:42:26 pm »

Any old - not really. Preferences aside, all servers have their own particular gameplay and in some cases there is very little overlap - for example, doing Chemistry on Goonstation and Urist is *entirely* different, so is the medical system between all the main codebases now. Pick a server you want to play on and stick to its codebase, otherwise you'll just end up confused.

Assistants are not the best learning role - they have their own particular... subculture? Basically, Assistants are used as screw-around jobs, since they have no real duties - the traditional recommended starting role is Cargo Technician - low risk, low responsibility and rather intensive on using the various basic things with movement and inventory.

NO no, you want to join Urist and start out as an Engineer. It's the only way to go.

seriously though, bartender, cook, Janitor, cargo tech, even assistant for a round or two are good enough. Ask in ooc for help, and let people know you are just starting, and on Urist at least there's a good chance someone will guide you through some basics.

as for the wiki. keep the page related to your job open during gameplay, and look up other info aas you go. good luck :D

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22034 on: April 20, 2015, 01:47:53 pm »

Thanks! I just nabbed BYOND and I think I'll be playing as a Janitor or Staff Assistant on Goonstation until I get the hang of things.

EDIT:

Never mind...I played as an observer for a few minutes and the latency was so horrendous that the game was unplayable. Every time I tried taking a single step, I would be flung halfway across the map. I think I'll just stick to watching LPs.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:36:31 pm by DragonDePlatino »
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 1654