Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125432 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #22005 on: April 18, 2015, 11:30:17 pm »

B,D,D,B.

Because, well, most of the time we have less than 15 or we are doing an event, self contained but nearby is safe and sane, I personally think that with all the randoms we are getting and how they are acting it might make sense to have the station as a semi-independent entity working more with NT than as part of it, and, well, while I love solars, I feel that there is something needed besides them and TEGs are the most sane.
Supermax security sounds like it'd be friggin' hilarious fun as a traitor.

I'm kinda tempted to go for something really tiny, then. Maybe if I merge Bridge and Sec, boosting both their sizes, I can create something close to Supermax with a relatively low-security area away from the center of the station. Plans are forming already- I'm envisioning a cuboid main hallway section, though actual work areas don't jam up on top of them and it becomes more of a clump outside of the main hallways. I feel like the small station size might aid traitors if security is lacking in all but the high-value areas, while tempting them sorely to go loud and kick the hornet's nest.

I think I'll eventually write up around three to five individual station plans if and when I feel confident with mapping, and have a sort of runoff election at that point.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22006 on: April 19, 2015, 12:34:08 am »

S-COM test, tonight at 6 or so EST. Be there or be square. I've been super busy with finals, but now that I'm done, I'll have more time to work on it.

New things:

-I took your feedback, and remapped most of the S-COM base. Medical/Research now takes up about half the size of the base. It's a lot more open and whatnot.
-Time between missions has been bumped up from four minutes to seven, we'll see if we need to increase or lower that number.
-Mission numbers have been reduced from 11 to 8 (we only went on seven last time) and the included missions have been expanded in size, which should reduce friendly fire. For now, night missions have been removed, but all the planet missions remain (which were the best anyways)
-Squads! You get assigned a squad at roundstart. Heads become squad leaders, and each squad has their own equipment room where they can change their class and whatnot. Special fabricators have been added to the squad bays that can only produce, not deconstruct or do research. They also can't produce vehicles.
-Vehicle bay! Attached to the shuttle bay to make things easier. The fabricators in here only produce vehicles.
-Research has its own area with its own access. There's conveyors that people can drop the alien items on that ship them into the research lab. This splits up research and production, allowing soldiers to produce their own stuff while not overburdening researchers.
-All weapons and armour work now and can be produced properly.
-Money and science levels are shared between all the fabricators.
-another low tier vehicle has been added
-Improved AI

Next update (next friday or saturday) will be likely the final test before release. Expect new enemy types, expanded mission pool, the psionic class, civilian ai and local forces, and automatic spawning once I get numbers right.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22007 on: April 19, 2015, 01:01:32 am »

THE EXCITEMENT IS REAL!
Let's hope there isn't too much sabotage.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22008 on: April 19, 2015, 01:03:51 am »

Oh christ the vehicles
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22009 on: April 19, 2015, 03:38:33 am »

Bay ditched the SM? heh.
I just got killed by an unstable SM on the shuttle yesterday (then again, that round had three loose singulos, bombs, abductors recalling the shuttle and plasma flooding)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22010 on: April 19, 2015, 05:16:04 am »

Bleh >.<
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22011 on: April 19, 2015, 05:38:20 am »

?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22012 on: April 19, 2015, 05:44:33 am »

?
S-Com test. I'm gonna miss this one too, because Monday 1 AM.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22013 on: April 19, 2015, 05:53:06 am »

?

The last and most developed one will be Friday at around the same time. Think you can make that?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22014 on: April 19, 2015, 06:05:45 am »

?

The last and most developed one will be Friday at around the same time. Think you can make that?
Sure, I am free from Thursday afternoon thanks to scheduling magic - that's why seeing stuff happening on Sundays (well, Mondays in this timezone) makes me cringe. :P

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22015 on: April 19, 2015, 06:56:12 am »

?

Sure, I am free from Thursday afternoon thanks to scheduling magic - that's why seeing stuff happening on Sundays (well, Mondays in this timezone) makes me cringe. :P

Up until now I worked all weekend except Sundays. I'm moving home next weekend, I've finished work and school for now, so I'm just going to be sitting around for a week. Gives me a chance to work on S-COM and run the test on Friday. Also, I fixed my router, so I might run some mini dev tests of some stuff during the week.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #22016 on: April 19, 2015, 07:02:46 am »

Oh, I see. Working on weekends, not funhappytimes.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22017 on: April 19, 2015, 04:33:39 pm »

Reminder that S-COM will be happening tonight in about an hour or so.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22018 on: April 19, 2015, 04:42:54 pm »

server down for update and event reboot. back online in 10-15 according to Vactor

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #22019 on: April 19, 2015, 04:51:44 pm »

Server is updated and back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 1654