Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2125364 times)

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21975 on: April 15, 2015, 11:19:18 pm »

On an unrelated note, the first time I'm RD it just had to be when you were on, wasn't it? :P
It's one thing being in a different department and needing to talk to Ryuu without knowing Skrellian. It's another thing when Ryuu is your direct subordinate and responsibility without knowing Skrellian. Granted, you're probably much more competent than I am, but IC...I feel bad for Dustin Griffiths.

Low populations really force me to do everything myself sadly, I miss the days when we had a consistent 10 people population on the server because at least the positions would be filled with hopefully competent people and are around to teach newer players the ropes. Ryuu came about when there were a lot more skrell and unathi characters on the station that I could interact with but now that is not really as common. I still stick to RPing that I dont understand common and generally ignore everything that is spoken common even though I can still see it as a player. I find myself mostly isolated from the current round because of it, just checking things off my mental todo list every round like; gather items 1, 2, research stuff 3, 4, build mechs 5, 6, and etc, but least I like building mechs.

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21976 on: April 16, 2015, 11:12:49 am »

Low populations really force me to do everything myself sadly, I miss the days when we had a consistent 10 people population on the server because at least the positions would be filled with hopefully competent people and are around to teach newer players the ropes. Ryuu came about when there were a lot more skrell and unathi characters on the station that I could interact with but now that is not really as common. I still stick to RPing that I dont understand common and generally ignore everything that is spoken common even though I can still see it as a player. I find myself mostly isolated from the current round because of it, just checking things off my mental todo list every round like; gather items 1, 2, research stuff 3, 4, build mechs 5, 6, and etc, but least I like building mechs.

Low pop isnt all that bad if more people late join.  last night I enjoyed setting up the engine, atmospherics then going out mining.   Came back with a shipment and rescued the captain from the disposal mass driver who was pretty well dead.   Cloned him when some late joins hit medical and took over.  I went back out mining and at that point i was winding down my evening and brought the last shipment of materials over to robotics.  Checked the engine one last time and then head for my CE quarters and logged off.

Weekedays are slow.. It happens but occasionally  then you get a nice game of 15+ people and its like a whole new game.  Amazing how much different things go when departments are staffed and people are upto no good haha

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21977 on: April 16, 2015, 12:45:56 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21978 on: April 16, 2015, 12:47:35 pm »

Can it be weaponised?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #21979 on: April 16, 2015, 12:56:55 pm »

The pattern in which the various vending machines etc. are flying out the disposals, I can only assume you managed to break Euclidean geometry in order to lay the logic pipes. In BYOND, no less. Most impressive.
Maybe you could have made the .gif loop a bit longer. It's awesome, but it hurts my brain.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21980 on: April 16, 2015, 01:12:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's a cool visual effect. Is this a PR or...?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21981 on: April 16, 2015, 01:28:52 pm »

Oh my god are we finally getting spinning thrown items :D

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21982 on: April 16, 2015, 01:40:54 pm »

I can see miauw playing on BS12 just about as much as I see pigs growing wings and flying off into the sunset.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21983 on: April 16, 2015, 02:17:00 pm »

TG mate.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21984 on: April 16, 2015, 02:36:11 pm »

I can see miauw playing on BS12 just about as much as I see pigs growing wings and flying off into the sunset.
A single time very late in the evening?
:P

but yeah that was in a bug report about infinite metal rods from disposal pipes under reinforced floors and its pretty hilarious.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21985 on: April 16, 2015, 02:43:17 pm »

Server is down. Pretty sure it has been for hours but who knows.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21986 on: April 16, 2015, 02:53:32 pm »

Nah, I saw it online in a sig an hour or two ago.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21987 on: April 16, 2015, 03:00:16 pm »

Sigs are being weird, 5 people online when the server is actually empty and some other stuff.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21988 on: April 16, 2015, 04:30:23 pm »

Sigs are being weird, 5 people online when the server is actually empty and some other stuff.
It rounds them up to multiples of 5, so if there's even one person it likely shows it as 5.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21989 on: April 16, 2015, 04:54:20 pm »

That is how it works. It was made that way so it looks like there is more people on TG's Badger server then there is so people would join.
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 1654