Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124773 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21735 on: March 31, 2015, 03:24:41 am »

Agh, I've got a problem. I wish I'd been able to release S-COM last week like I planned, because I knew I'd be busy this week. It's my last week of classes, and I can't find a god night that I can play, and I want to be there for the first night. So, I'm going to toss out some options. Seeing as its Easter weekend, some may be more desirable than others. Choices are Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Monday. Whichever works best for the most people, we'll go with. When I get a chance tomorrow I'll post some stuff I've written up about mobs, and Wednesday I'll toss up the main theme I composed. Sound good?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21736 on: March 31, 2015, 03:29:01 am »

As a cultist and de facto leader thereof for the last couple rounds, the problems with the gamemode are manifold and coming from both sides of the equation.

First off, pubbies. In the recent Cult rounds, I've had starting cultists who took five minutes to locate their starting word after being told that they even have one, taking a foreverllion minutes to come to a place after getting two Communicate messages that it's urgent because they were buying toys from Axel, a guy who converted on the first try then immediately started blabbering about the identities of cultists and urging people to kill/arrest them, one of the guys above got Juggernauted and was just hanging around in the open, not to mention cultists asking about Cult mechanics in OOC in Secret...

Second off, meta. Dear god the meta. Chaplain, Heads and Sec being above suspicion by default. Security, upon seeing some bones piles and constructs gallops off to Chaplain, who immediately tells them every single meta-information about Cult (as in, information not based on in-round happenings, not specifically metagamey - like Engis knowing how to set up engine without experimenting with that), such as that they are TEH EVULZ, a group, and want to end the world and summon an evil god, despite there being no signs that a cohesive group was even working on the station - Sec ended up raiding.

Third off, recruitment has enough hoops to train a Dragoon Regiment if you don't go forceconversion route - you have to single out a person so nobody will lol off and tell on you to the redshirted teacher, make a pitch, hope said pitch succeeds or else the person will probably go tell on you except now will also use your pitch against you, then discreetly convert and equip them. And then people are reluctant to join, because they love their antag redtext for some reason, see 2). Due to 1) you have to do with, at best, two people who won't say 'BTW, we murder baby kittens for fun, I'm just gonna go throw myself in perma now.'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21737 on: March 31, 2015, 08:34:15 am »

Yeah the Meta is real bad, especially once you get to know that nearly half the users are in a vent/irc/ts with each other anyway (Been there, done that, saw to much).

I'm not really playing on Bay12 all that much anymore, for reasons, so I might be outdated.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21738 on: March 31, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »

Just yesterday there was a cult that LOLCONVERTed everybody they could.  I was B BORG, ENGIBORG and ended up just trapping the HoP and Chemist via shutters and bolted doors, and kept telling everyone to leave them for the next shift as they just kept kidnapping and drugging people then placing them on blood runes.  I then called the shuttle as a bloodbath was happening in engineering involving one VERY well-armed assistant and the entire rest of the cultists.  Mel Pungent won.  I feel safe in my actions as by that point I had witnessed the two I trapped kidnap people in broad daylight TWICE.  I generally hate cult rounds, and am ALWAYS scared that I will meta.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21739 on: March 31, 2015, 01:21:37 pm »

Seriously. Apparently, assistant + antique laser gun = four cultists and a crew member dead in engineering. It was kinda fun to watch, though.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21740 on: March 31, 2015, 01:25:38 pm »

Seriously. Apparently, assistant + antique laser gun = four cultists and a crew member dead in engineering. It was kinda fun to watch, though.
It always cracks me up when Good Guys are so overzealous to GIT DAT REDTEXT they end up killing or perma-ing innocents.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21741 on: March 31, 2015, 01:45:27 pm »

the HoP
was not a cultist.

-edit-

Atleast, if that was the round with the insane Blueshield and the ERTs getting called, he shouldent have been.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:48:57 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21742 on: March 31, 2015, 01:55:16 pm »

@Glloyd Friday or Saturday is good for me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21743 on: March 31, 2015, 01:59:59 pm »

Agh, I've got a problem. I wish I'd been able to release S-COM last week like I planned, because I knew I'd be busy this week. It's my last week of classes, and I can't find a god night that I can play, and I want to be there for the first night. So, I'm going to toss out some options. Seeing as its Easter weekend, some may be more desirable than others. Choices are Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Monday. Whichever works best for the most people, we'll go with. When I get a chance tomorrow I'll post some stuff I've written up about mobs, and Wednesday I'll toss up the main theme I composed. Sound good?
Any of those work for me.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #21744 on: March 31, 2015, 02:07:32 pm »

Friday would work best for me.
Take a closer look at this text!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21745 on: March 31, 2015, 02:24:22 pm »

None of them are terrible for me, but Friday or Saturday would be best for me.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21746 on: March 31, 2015, 03:34:16 pm »

I got no idea when I'm going out out with my family since it's the long weekend, but for me Thursday is probably my best bet. Although if everyone is available on Friday/Saturday I'm cool with that.  I also find it hilarious I apparently sidetracked cult members by selling toys to people.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21747 on: March 31, 2015, 04:12:15 pm »

the HoP
was not a cultist.

-edit-

Atleast, if that was the round with the insane Blueshield and the ERTs getting called, he shouldent have been.
Was not the round you are thinking of then, there were no ERT called.  Besides, by the time we left the only living cultists were heavily injured cripples. The two I locked in Chemistry cut themselves into pieces and I have no idea what happened to the chemist I trapped.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21748 on: March 31, 2015, 04:38:19 pm »

Saturday, pls
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21749 on: March 31, 2015, 08:45:00 pm »

I don't think I enjoy this server near as much now. If I was an antag the lack of objectives would leave me stumped as to what to do (when I was a cultist I only did things because I forgot to check. When I checked our objectives and saw sod all I had no clue what to do) and probably make me do nothing, the rounds drag on and on and on (I swear they never lasted this long because people would get bored or the antag(s) would force a shuttle to be called), it's just...

It feels like it's turning into BS12 lite.
I think that is kind of our thing. In other news, SERBER DOWN...here's hoping it is just a hiccup.
Pages: 1 ... 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 ... 1654