Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124327 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21585 on: March 17, 2015, 07:29:18 pm »

They call the code Dream Maker?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21586 on: March 17, 2015, 07:39:11 pm »

They call the code Dream Maker?

Yeah. That's why the IDE is called Dream Maker. BYOND is just the Engine. Build Your Own Net Dream

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21587 on: March 17, 2015, 08:06:55 pm »

I still think of dream as being in the same vein as game, so thats probably why I was confused.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21588 on: March 17, 2015, 11:47:32 pm »

Is anyone still playing this?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21589 on: March 17, 2015, 11:51:22 pm »

It has sporadic fits of activity on the weekend, but Urist McStation is pretty quiescent most of the time.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21590 on: March 17, 2015, 11:51:39 pm »

I certainly still play SS13, though I haven't been on Urist for a while since the SM's been behaving weird. Once that's fixed up, I certainly intend to play on Urist more. Plus, I've been meaning to join events, though missed the last two due to being on a road trip at the time.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21591 on: March 18, 2015, 10:17:41 am »

Anyone played with the gas coolers lately?  I used to be able to screw driver the circuit board to change the direction the gas would attach to the cooler but I cant seem to do that anymore.

Any tips?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21592 on: March 20, 2015, 12:28:05 am »

Hey all.

I'm going to be holding some events this weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) and if all goes well, cap the weekend off with the release of a new gamemode. I'd appreciate it if everyone showed up, and then kept showing up throughout the week. If you can do that for me, if we can keep playercounts in existence throughout the entirety of next week, expect another new gamemode.

If we can't do that, don't expect much. I love Urist to death, and I've put in more time on it then I care to think about, but if playercount remains the way it currently is for the next few weeks, I can't see the point in continuing Urist, no matter how much it hurts me to say that. I'm going to be doing some things over the next few weeks to give people a reason to come back, including new gamemodes and some other things, but there's only so much I'm willing to do if noone shows up during the week. I want to keep this server going, and I'll fight like hell to keep it alive, but there's only so much I can do on my own, and I can't justify asking Vactor to continue to host for the sake of the few people that show up during the week. We get 20+ on weekends, I'm sure we can get at least half that on the weekdays, and that's what I want to see.

Cheers.

I certainly still play SS13, though I haven't been on Urist for a while since the SM's been behaving weird. Once that's fixed up, I certainly intend to play on Urist more. Plus, I've been meaning to join events, though missed the last two due to being on a road trip at the time.

SM's been fixed up, it should work okay now.

Anyone played with the gas coolers lately?  I used to be able to screw driver the circuit board to change the direction the gas would attach to the cooler but I cant seem to do that anymore.

Any tips?

Not sure, Bay messes with those things enough that it's hard to tell. You may be able to do it by interacting with the cooler itself, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:31:28 am by Glloyd »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21593 on: March 20, 2015, 06:39:59 am »

Won't be able to make the Saturday game, since I've got something planned already, but I'm definitely going to be around for the Sunday one. And now that SM works, I'll probably spend a lot more time on Urist myself.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21594 on: March 20, 2015, 03:07:32 pm »

I'd come during the week, but it's really a problem since it's empty until after I need to go to bed.
...I hope this server doesn't stop. I've been playing it on and off for about a year now, and I'd be really sad to see it go  :-\

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21595 on: March 20, 2015, 03:48:35 pm »

Hey, this is probably heresy, but I think that the server pop would be greatly improved if we simply removed the engine from the equation.

I have several proposals, most of which I guess is kind of radical and so probably won't be implemented, but still...

1. Disregard supermatter, get solars.

This is probably going to be difficult since it would require the solars to get fixed, as well as some changes to the station. Basically, I'm proposing that we remove the supermatter entirely and have the station run on pure solars. Maybe keep the supermatter but make it optional. Or just change the supermatter back into singularity but with the parts kept in secure storage so it's not the obvious choice.

2. Have the supermatter start the round already working

I have no idea how this is going to work, but it would be great if the supermatter is already operating as soon as the round started, like atmospherics. The engineer's job is to actually improve the station instead of fucking around with the engine, as well as fix things when a jerk fuck with the engine.

3. Weak singulo

We go back to singularity, but adjust something so that it dies more easily so it doesn't tear the station apart when it's loose. This could be coupled with the first solution. Maybe add an option to the emagged particle accelerator to 'supercharge' the singularity and make it as durable as the original singulo.

4. BLOOD ENGINE

Corpses goes in the gibber. Power comes out.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21596 on: March 20, 2015, 04:01:46 pm »

2 makes a lot of sense, to be honest. Why would the engine be killed at the end of a shift? It's down only due to legacy reasons, and not *smart* legacy reasons, either.

It made sorta sense with Singuloth, because it was dangerous enough you could ICly argue it's too risky to leave unattended, but worst case scenario, a SM engine just blows up and irradiates a bunch of people on a space station, not destroys ERRYTHING and then leaves to fuck something else up.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21597 on: March 20, 2015, 04:35:27 pm »

I'd have to agree that 2 would be a godsend. Turning the engine on is just kind of a chore, really. Perhaps it'd be on at a sub-optimal level or something, so there's still a reason to fuck with it, but having it on by default would be nice. And the SM is probably the most boring part of the round for an engineer; it's just following a checklist and then praying you didn't miss a step, basically. The one round I played where someone else got the engine running was by far my most fun round as an engineer. (For those who are wondering, that'd be the round where I renovated and opened the bar in maintenance, Rain got a book of occult lore, turned herself into a wraith-thing, *fucking everything* got bombed, and I downed an entire bottle of vodka just before getting on the shuttle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21598 on: March 20, 2015, 04:57:41 pm »

Also there are actually people playing on the server, so get your ass on it. :I
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #21599 on: March 20, 2015, 04:58:41 pm »

Also there are actually people playing on the server, so get your ass on it. :I
Let my computer cool for a ding-dang moment, and I'll get on.
Take a closer look at this text!
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 1654