Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122308 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #21195 on: February 02, 2015, 08:34:59 am »

I'd like to see the map redone as a space train so that we wouldn't have to change existing characters/designate new characters as train characters, provided it does become a new gamemode.

Also:
Devin Murray's death was the most tragic event on the train.

I disagree - part of the charm of the event for me is that it completely mixes up the setting and forces you to rethink your character. That's part of the reason not that much people on the station chat about each other in regular rounds - character backstory is damn near set in stone, so you can hear the same story only so much times before pretending to have not known it gets absurdly tedious.

And ah, Murray, the train's premier pianist and target of spontaneous in-character racism on my part. How did he die?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #21196 on: February 02, 2015, 12:22:25 pm »

Seems to be down, again.
Take a closer look at this text!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21197 on: February 02, 2015, 12:50:11 pm »

That round sounded interesting. Shame I didn't get onto it. Making a gamemode of it would be interesting, though.

Train Station 13?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21198 on: February 02, 2015, 12:52:37 pm »

I am seriously considering making a space craft for this sort of round... Infact, I think I will do that now.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21199 on: February 02, 2015, 02:41:07 pm »

Seems to be down, again.

Yep server is down.

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21200 on: February 02, 2015, 03:09:10 pm »

I don't suppose anyone (Glloyd or Vactor) can explain why crashes have become so common recently? Is it a coding thing or a server-side thing?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21201 on: February 02, 2015, 03:35:49 pm »

I don't suppose anyone (Glloyd or Vactor) can explain why crashes have become so common recently? Is it a coding thing or a server-side thing?

I have no clue as to the frequency, but the gist of the problem is that unless someone showers Vactor with enough money to buy a new server-tier computer, we have to make do with a one that is set up in such a way that makes BSODs a pain in the ass unless you're on standby to restart it manually.

The increasing frequency of crashes might be a code issue (quite easy to test - make a temporary switch to pure Baycode or whatever for a week or two) or might be just the fact that the server is running quite a while now, so things like .dll discrepancies and other stuff that causes systems to lose stability and speed over time crop up.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21202 on: February 02, 2015, 05:36:00 pm »

I'd like to see the map redone as a space train so that we wouldn't have to change existing characters/designate new characters as train characters, provided it does become a new gamemode.

Also:

I disagree - part of the charm of the event for me is that it completely mixes up the setting and forces you to rethink your character. That's part of the reason not that much people on the station chat about each other in regular rounds - character backstory is damn near set in stone, so you can hear the same story only so much times before pretending to have not known it gets absurdly tedious.

And ah, Murray, the train's premier pianist and target of spontaneous in-character racism on my part. How did he die?
It's more about the work that goes into manually changing one's stuff so that it works for the time period and/or losing a slot for a character to a repetition of a prior character.

Murray got shot. I think it was the same French assassin that killed the Arab guy.
He died while Jericho looked on and Hya tried to comfort him in his last moments.
Hya may or may not have then stolen his jacket.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21203 on: February 02, 2015, 05:43:45 pm »

Also:

It's more about the work that goes into manually changing one's stuff so that it works for the time period and/or losing a slot for a character to a repetition of a prior character.

Murray got shot. I think it was the same French assassin that killed the Arab guy.
He died while Jericho looked on and Hya tried to comfort him in his last moments.

I see your point, but you have a zillion slots to spare, how many characters do you have in rotation? Because I have like six or so, half of which I don't really play anymore.

If not for the fact that my primary char is already an implant-less human I'd set up a copy of the character in another slot and just load as needed. Also, if it's going to be a thing, I know that you could regenerate all limbs as regular ones.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21204 on: February 02, 2015, 06:01:27 pm »

Also:

I see your point, but you have a zillion slots to spare, how many characters do you have in rotation? Because I have like six or so, half of which I don't really play anymore.

If not for the fact that my primary char is already an implant-less human I'd set up a copy of the character in another slot and just load as needed. Also, if it's going to be a thing, I know that you could regenerate all limbs as regular ones.
I've got like 2 empty character slots and a hell of a lot of ideas.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21205 on: February 02, 2015, 06:19:36 pm »

In hindsight, that train event was actually pretty awesome.

And I stole a dead guard's gun and kept it until the end of the game.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21206 on: February 02, 2015, 06:34:09 pm »

So I've been interested in playing this for a while. However, whenever I try to join a server, I just get a blank white screen. Can anyone provide any solutions?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21207 on: February 02, 2015, 06:42:03 pm »

So I've been interested in playing this for a while. However, whenever I try to join a server, I just get a blank white screen. Can anyone provide any solutions?

Does it persist? I believe there is a tip that if the screen is blank, it's still downloading resources.

Alternatively, try updating BYOND.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21208 on: February 02, 2015, 07:31:24 pm »

Server is back up.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21209 on: February 02, 2015, 10:37:01 pm »

>looked on
I prefer comforted, but okay. And at least I DIDN'T ROB THE CORPSE :P

Man, that was a fantastic play, Mister_Teeth. Seriously. Truly, a worthy adversary.

Honestly though, who thought Jericho was a spy? Because I wasn't. I had laughed about the fact that German's were the antags and Jericho is in fact German.

All in all, 10/10 would round again
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 ... 1654