Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119867 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20745 on: November 27, 2014, 06:42:32 pm »

Spent the entire round running a cannibalism ring. Learned that aliens can be borer'd AND FUCKING VAMPIRIZED. So it's pretty obvious now, lings could become xenos.

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20746 on: November 27, 2014, 06:51:09 pm »

why isn't the crew not supposed to know what changelings are anyway? They have the best stealth abilities in the game so why do they need additional meta protection from being discovered? You can easily change changelings to known creatures and still have a very good (better) round. You can easily avoid discovery when playing remotely smart.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

there were 5 changeling's
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20747 on: November 27, 2014, 06:54:55 pm »

I'm not sure you understand this game.
It's not about powergaming to win. There is absolutely no problem with deliberately hampering your victory text in order to make the round more enjoyable.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20748 on: November 27, 2014, 06:59:36 pm »

why isn't the crew not supposed to know what changelings are anyway? They have the best stealth abilities in the game so why do they need additional meta protection from being discovered? You can easily change changelings to known creatures and still have a very good (better) round. You can easily avoid discovery when playing remotely smart.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

there were 5 changeling's

Are you discussing this server? Because that's what this thread is for.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20749 on: November 27, 2014, 07:01:40 pm »

I can't check right now, but from memory changelings are known to exist the same way Bigfoot is known to exist, common myths and sightings and such. That as well as xenobiologists and research directors knowing changelings may/do exist. If someone can check the extended rules before I can, thanks.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20750 on: November 27, 2014, 07:44:21 pm »

Even without meta;

Dead guy looks strange, someone wearing him clothes, ugg, strange.

AI blinky stuffy luuky strange, maybe ai fuky, ugg?

Meta, me u banhammer.

Conflict is more intresting if both sides have the ability to ... act.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #20751 on: November 27, 2014, 07:46:03 pm »

"Changelings are not unknown, though no research or data has ever been collected from them. The threat they pose is unknown.

It is highly likely that only research members, specifically xenobiologists would know anything about them.

They should be treated as any first contact alien being should be, if they reveal themselves through actions, words, or otherwise. This includes not being presumed hostile unless they actually act hostile."
"AI's and Cyborgs are not normally known to malfunction.

With the exception of overwhelming evidence, outright declaration by the AI, or from the 'Hostile runtimes' message from CentCom, the AI and Cyborgs should not be presumed hostile. Law resets are not out of the option if the AI is acting odd and there is reason to think its laws might be affected, but this doesn't mean that it's hostile."
-Baystation12 Wiki
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20752 on: November 27, 2014, 08:43:02 pm »

"Changelings are not unknown, though no research or data has ever been collected from them. The threat they pose is unknown.

It is highly likely that only research members, specifically xenobiologists would know anything about them.

They should be treated as any first contact alien being should be, if they reveal themselves through actions, words, or otherwise. This includes not being presumed hostile unless they actually act hostile."
"AI's and Cyborgs are not normally known to malfunction.

With the exception of overwhelming evidence, outright declaration by the AI, or from the 'Hostile runtimes' message from CentCom, the AI and Cyborgs should not be presumed hostile. Law resets are not out of the option if the AI is acting odd and there is reason to think its laws might be affected, but this doesn't mean that it's hostile."
-Baystation12 Wiki
We don't use Bay's Changeling identification on Urist, but here is what we do use:
Changelings are myths, boiled down to man eating monsters that can look like anyone. Ancient tales from superstitious freighter pilots and explorers, nothing more.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #20753 on: November 27, 2014, 09:59:47 pm »

snip
We don't use Bay's Changeling identification on Urist, but here is what we do use:
Changelings are myths, boiled down to man eating monsters that can look like anyone. Ancient tales from superstitious freighter pilots and explorers, nothing more.
I'll keep that in mind then
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20754 on: November 28, 2014, 12:12:05 am »

Most of the Antags are that, basically. Cultists are shadowy religious blokes who are supposed to be extinct, I think. Ninjas are urban legends that shouldn't by all accounts exist. Meteors are ASSHOLES. Vampires are creepy fuckers from Bluespace. Calamity is Nar'sie being a bitch and bringing most of them together.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20755 on: November 28, 2014, 12:54:33 am »

So Space Station 13 is basically Night Vale. IN SPACE.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20756 on: November 28, 2014, 02:51:42 am »

So Space Station 13 is basically Night Vale. IN SPACE.
In Nightvale people acknowledge the existence and are apathetic towards-
oh wait
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20757 on: November 28, 2014, 03:10:29 am »

Today I learned the power of infections. Mel showed up in medbay with severe toxins poisoning. I inject him with anti-toxin and watch to see what happens.

... It keeps going up. I shove him into the body scanner and see he has an acute++ infection in his right arm. Cue me pumping him with a ton of spaceacillin and anti-toxin, then shoving him in cryo to halt the severe blood poisoning that continues to climb despite the dylovene in his blood. The infection finally dies and he's good... Until he complains that he can't use his right hand. Turns out the infection got there, too, and rotted his hand to uselessness. I get a robotic arm from Asher and take him to surgery, where I somehow broke his arm while sawing his hand off. I stick the hand on the stump and a splint on the arm and we leg it to escape and board the shuttle, where he proceeds to have at least one bottle broken over his head and suffer alcohol poisoning. That guy is a magnet of pain and suffering.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20758 on: November 28, 2014, 10:51:17 am »

For the sake of all aliums (and admins who players ask if they messed with their vars, like I did yesterday), turns out that, shockingly, BS12 code can be silly at times.

Turns out that aliums have a very good counter against being cuffed - namely, the same kind that Hulks do - by default. It's a function of their both default attacks.

Well, except the thing is, the check for said attacks is designed to explicitly only return true if the intent is set to Harm. So if you want to break out of the cuffs, have Harm intent on.

You can still be buckled normally, but I will wait for Glloyd's decision on whether or not to remove that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20759 on: November 29, 2014, 06:18:46 pm »

In the 2010 AVP game, Aliens cannot escape full body metal restraints (while powered, I guess. Six escapes when power dies.) so I think it would be cool to leave in normal buckling, that way Xenobiologists actually stand a chance of, you know, investigating the Xenobiological creature.

I'm not sure you understand this game.
It's not about powergaming to win. There is absolutely no problem with deliberately hampering your victory text in order to make the round more enjoyable.

Also this. I have way more fun when I lose after almost winning than when I just gank the fuck out of everyone and win.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 ... 1654