Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119893 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20730 on: November 26, 2014, 09:05:20 pm »

please be a hiccup please be a hiccup please be a hiccup

E: also let this be a reminder that mutiny is shit
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20731 on: November 26, 2014, 09:05:50 pm »

fug, I had escape locked down, there wasnt gonna be any help for max coming.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20732 on: November 26, 2014, 09:06:49 pm »

I wanted to see what would happen to the security inside escape once i turned on the singularity engine :<

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20733 on: November 26, 2014, 09:07:40 pm »

everyone would die horribly

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20734 on: November 26, 2014, 09:08:34 pm »

IT LIVES
AND SO DOES THE ROUND
shit.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20735 on: November 26, 2014, 09:19:59 pm »

In which a mutiny round is boring until the mutineers decide FUCK IT, LET'S SHOOT EVERYONE.

Bonus: Mutiny tie!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20736 on: November 26, 2014, 10:40:17 pm »

That can probably go in the records as one of the more horrible mutiny rounds.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20737 on: November 27, 2014, 12:12:45 am »

Server crashed/hiccuped and I'm not even mad.
That was the best ending to a round I could have conceived of. Well, without admin abuse.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #20738 on: November 27, 2014, 09:34:14 am »

Server is back up, and I finally had a chance to update it.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20739 on: November 27, 2014, 09:38:00 am »

One of the things I kinda dislike (I currently mostly play on yogstation) is the extreme stacking against the security force in some game-modes.

For example changelings:
We had the warden in custody who we were 100% sure was a changeling. He had no loyalty implant, he was heavily hurt on sensors and when we got to him he was completely healthy and one hallway further there was a closet with a husk corpse in it together with mime clothes.
but admins go noooooo, you have no proof.
seriously, provide a changeling test then.

Or AI malfunction:
people were disappearing from around the entire station and getting dragged into space. The entire maintenance was full of hacked apc's. But we could not even say "check the AI" because that was considered metagaming. We try to contact station engineers and RD, but of course they did not answer because the AI likes to eliminate people who can actually say the AI is malfunctioning. How are you supposed to ever stop it with those rules, without literally seeing a cyborg dragging someone into space? (I really preferred the old AI malfunction where the AI just had to prevent anyone from escaping instead of arming the self-destruct).

That server is way to strict on a lot of things. "imagine someone gets killed by an antagonist while not absolutely necessary". Rounds do not get ruined by antagonists killing people, round get ruined by restricting everyone's gameplay and having no action in the round.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20740 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:44 am »

Action isint everything.

Also, I agree that the malf arm the bomb is silly.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20741 on: November 27, 2014, 12:21:23 pm »

One of the things I kinda dislike (I currently mostly play on yogstation) is the extreme stacking against the security force in some game-modes.

For example changelings:
We had the warden in custody who we were 100% sure was a changeling. He had no loyalty implant, he was heavily hurt on sensors and when we got to him he was completely healthy and one hallway further there was a closet with a husk corpse in it together with mime clothes.
but admins go noooooo, you have no proof.
seriously, provide a changeling test then.

Or AI malfunction:
people were disappearing from around the entire station and getting dragged into space. The entire maintenance was full of hacked apc's. But we could not even say "check the AI" because that was considered metagaming. We try to contact station engineers and RD, but of course they did not answer because the AI likes to eliminate people who can actually say the AI is malfunctioning. How are you supposed to ever stop it with those rules, without literally seeing a cyborg dragging someone into space? (I really preferred the old AI malfunction where the AI just had to prevent anyone from escaping instead of arming the self-destruct).

That server is way to strict on a lot of things. "imagine someone gets killed by an antagonist while not absolutely necessary". Rounds do not get ruined by antagonists killing people, round get ruined by restricting everyone's gameplay and having no action in the round.

And you knew that magicool regeneration and a corpse mean that it's specifically a shapechanging creature how?

And you knew that the APCs are hacked by the AI how?

Canonically, neither are known to happen. Ever. AT BEST, the RD and the Captain may, in some rounds, know that there is SOMETHING, but you cannot know what, how or why.

And 'stacking against Security' is just ridiculous when we are talking about a single antagonist, whose job is specifically to provide challenge and create conflict, versus respectively an entire team of people wielding weapons and, at least theoretically, working together in a coordinated manner, with support from the regular crew, and versus an entire STATION of people who, at the first sign of AI acting up, will break out every spacesuit, tool, weapon or anything else they can find/steal/kitbash and turn them into a tool to obliterate you.

Now granted, with our popcount Sec is often severely understaffed, if staffed at all, but there's only so much you can do with the fluctuations in population to not make it a Sec bumrush at high pop and utter massmurder at low.

E:
Server is back up, and I finally had a chance to update it.

Time to eat other people's hearts out!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:32:09 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20742 on: November 27, 2014, 04:27:05 pm »

Ah good, Scrdest, so shall we simply watch the entire station slowly turn into the grey dead until someone walks right into a snacktime and screams?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20743 on: November 27, 2014, 04:57:56 pm »

Ah good, Scrdest, so shall we simply watch the entire station slowly turn into the grey dead until someone walks right into a snacktime and screams?
Not really. It's still reasonable to go on alert when people are dropping. It's assuredly not normal for people to be dying, and especially abnormal when they're getting mutilated like so. Just because you can't determine from the husks that it's a changeling doesn't mean you can't freak the fuck out and put the station on alert for something out there killing the fuck out of people.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20744 on: November 27, 2014, 05:14:54 pm »

Aye. If I find a husk of a corpse, I may not know what the shit is going on but I'd sure as shit be scared. God knows what STOLE IT'S DNA.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 1654