Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119661 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20685 on: November 23, 2014, 04:18:06 am »

Observation: The black lighter, which has a cross symbol, does not harm vampires.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20686 on: November 23, 2014, 05:02:36 am »

ADMIN: Glloyd/(James Deacon) (JMP): I gotta go eat for real this time. Think you could announce it on the forums, tell people we'll do it at 7 PM EST or so tomorrow.

Payday the Space Heist tomorrow. Get your drills and masks, clowns.
Cool. Too bad I propably won't be able to get to be there when it happens though.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20687 on: November 23, 2014, 06:51:02 am »

Wow. I think I found a possible cause of the crashes. Every single monkey, at least those generated at roundstart, were throwing runtimes at me, and it turns out to be a problem with BS12.

E: Also on Bayside, they changed maploader to work faster, but unfortunately this causes a runtime with the awaymissions.

E2: Okay, but now that I fixed the runtime with the maploader... HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. The game initialized pretty much instantly.

E3: While I was at it, I messed with the new organ/xeno changes. Pity you can't transplant to humans yet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:17:39 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20688 on: November 23, 2014, 12:02:07 pm »

Wow. I think I found a possible cause of the crashes. Every single monkey, at least those generated at roundstart, were throwing runtimes at me, and it turns out to be a problem with BS12.

E: Also on Bayside, they changed maploader to work faster, but unfortunately this causes a runtime with the awaymissions.

E2: Okay, but now that I fixed the runtime with the maploader... HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. The game initialized pretty much instantly.

E3: While I was at it, I messed with the new organ/xeno changes. Pity you can't transplant to humans yet.
Is anyone else thinking of starting a cult centered around Scrdest?
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20689 on: November 23, 2014, 12:32:40 pm »

Eh, I'm a demigod at best. I do not have to deal with all the damn merge conflicts, in their wrist-slitting glory.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention why I've found it all in the first place: I put up a PR that introduced a random +/- 10 seconds to unbuckling/uncuffing (along with the fixes above). So now 'around 2 minutes' does not mean 'exactly 2 minutes, every single time'. So if it goes through, keep that in mind if you use them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20690 on: November 23, 2014, 12:42:31 pm »

Eh, I'm a demigod at best. I do not have to deal with all the damn merge conflicts, in their wrist-slitting glory.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention why I've found it all in the first place: I put up a PR that introduced a random +/- 10 seconds to unbuckling/uncuffing (along with the fixes above). So now 'around 2 minutes' does not mean 'exactly 2 minutes, every single time'. So if it goes through, keep that in mind if you use them.

Although I would love if you could add a message if it succeeds or no.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20691 on: November 23, 2014, 01:09:05 pm »

Yes, well we all recognise the inherent superiority of the almighty Glloyd, deity of merging and the almighty Vactor, deity of uptime. I'm just suggesting you go join the pantheon as a greater coder.

Also, message pls: You escape from the [src]! Probably easier for you to add.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20692 on: November 23, 2014, 01:22:19 pm »

As well as a message to confirm when you've stopped doing it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20693 on: November 23, 2014, 01:45:32 pm »

I think I lost track of the discussion here. What succeeds? Stopped doing what?

All the PR does is change the flat 1200 deciseconds (so two minutes, value for cuffs but it does the same thing for cablecuffs) from the start of attempt to unbuckle/cuff to a random value from 1100 to 1300 deciseconds, so depending on your luck you may break out of the cuffs or unbuckle ten seconds early, ten seconds late, or anything in between the two.

Statistically speaking, the value of time it takes to break out does not change, but when you manage to get the drop on your captor you don't care about statistics much.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20694 on: November 23, 2014, 01:46:55 pm »

Oh, sorry for being unclear. I meant, I would like if there was a message to see if you stopped breaking out of your cuffs. That happens sometimes for me if I get pushed around. Cheedows wants there to be a message saying that you have succeeded in breaking the cuffs.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20695 on: November 23, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »

Oh, sorry for being unclear. I meant, I would like if there was a message to see if you stopped breaking out of your cuffs. That happens sometimes for me if I get pushed around. Cheedows wants there to be a message saying that you have succeeded in breaking the cuffs.

Oh. The latter is already in-game, and I can't make it any more visible than it is without breaking span classes. The former, I'm not sure how viable it is as I don't actually know why the code stops the breakout once you move.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20696 on: November 23, 2014, 08:09:11 pm »

PAYDAY IS STARTING. GIT GUD.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20697 on: November 23, 2014, 10:02:47 pm »

Never doing that again.

Meunahlux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20698 on: November 23, 2014, 10:10:03 pm »

Payday round in a nutshell:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just the BASIC cops won.

no special or swats.
GG
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:59:33 am by Meunahlux »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20699 on: November 23, 2014, 10:14:05 pm »

Because they could respawn.

And had bullets.

And were plentiful.

And we heisters had three respawns each. And ONE OF US WENT SSD. We had almost no chance.

Still, it was fun. I was Hoxton, AKA "NO I'M NOT DYING YET /FUCK YOU/"
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 1654