Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122441 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #20055 on: October 29, 2014, 09:46:15 am »

I did that. Then found out that the IAA usually has nothing to do. When you're forced to be impartial and only respond to corruption, there's limited opportunities to actually do stuff. At least lawyers can get all up in the sec team's collective face over things.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20056 on: October 29, 2014, 09:49:34 am »

IAAs can do that too, but nobody does for some reason. IAA is basically the anti shitcurity job.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20057 on: October 29, 2014, 09:55:16 am »

IAAs can do that too, but nobody does for some reason. IAA is basically the anti shitcurity job.

Quote from: bs12 wiki
Internal Affairs' task is to remain impartial at all times, conduct investigations, and then summarize your findings in reports and deliver them to the relevant Head of Staff of the affected department.
also
Make sure you have sufficient evidence before you do anything.
and probably the most problematic
Remember that you are to remain completely impartial in your investigations. To do this, it may (and probably will) be necessary to isolate yourself from most of the crew outside of an investigation.
It just involves being really passive, deliberately removing yourself from interactions with the rest of the station. And then nobody cares about what you have to say anyway.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20058 on: October 29, 2014, 10:24:59 am »

Whenever I play IAA i bitch to centcomm about the heads more than security.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20059 on: October 29, 2014, 11:02:54 am »

So, I should try IAA. (All these talks about Lawyers make me want to type AAI everytime instead.)
Now, if the server wouldn't be so laggy for me, it would be swell.
I take it is in America, right?
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20060 on: October 29, 2014, 11:18:48 am »

So, I should try IAA. (All these talks about Lawyers make me want to type AAI everytime instead.)
It is. But I'm UK and it's not too bad. I have a very high lag tolerance though. Just stick with me, I'll be on later tonight :).
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20061 on: October 29, 2014, 12:16:24 pm »

It is. But I'm UK and it's not too bad. I have a very high lag tolerance though. Just stick with me, I'll be on later tonight :).

Even further east, no issues whatsoever.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20062 on: October 29, 2014, 12:32:13 pm »

Even further east, no issues whatsoever.
I don't have much lag either, the only time I really have any being Supermatter explosions and such. Meh, you can find where I'm from on my profile anyways, so I don't wanna bother typing it here.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20063 on: October 29, 2014, 01:15:30 pm »

Internal Affairs agents are similar, except they actually have power.

This. Please, for the love of god, someone fax me as the IAA about a power abusing Captain + Security Team.

Seriously, I'm begging you. :P But first act like a nerdy little loser IAA and when the Captain laughs at you and wants to know what you'll do, say all meekly, "I'll send a fax."
When I play IAA people respond to me B)  I also tend to asay asking for people.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20064 on: October 29, 2014, 01:27:13 pm »

Whats the deal with working with your department?

one of the round last night I start as the Chief Engineer and have 2 engineers spawn in.  Yes! A team this will be a good round.

Immediately one runs off into the crawl spaces so I start working on the engine and ask for phoron canisters to be filled.   Come out 2 min later.. other engineer is gone.  *sigh*.  So I start working on canisters and then I hear the emitter firing..  **#*&@#*   Run into the engine, to see no one else and no cooling setup/working yet and the emitter running.   *SIGH*

So I get it cooled and stable and power things up and the rest of the round I didnt see either one of them.

So I guess my question is,   is there any expectation that someone in your department is going to actually work the job? or is it really that common to have people join a role for "access" to just fuck off and be an tags?    (btw this round in question neither were the antag) and I never figured which one tried to blow the engine
Well, usually nobody wants to play so anyone who engineers with me has been pestered in OOC, since engineering is pretty unfun without friends. But other than that:
I often have this problem as CE. In fact, I had this problem a couple of days ago when the CE ran off then tried to take the claim when I singlehandedly repowered the station.
Make sure you keep in touch with your underlings. Radio them for progress reports often. Give them clear and concise individual commands - ie. Not can someone fill the plasma, UristMcEngi, go fill 10 tanks of plasma for the collectors.
If they run off without your permission reprimand them and order them back. If they refuse, have them demoted or dock their pay. If you're an engineer under me, you are not going to run off. Keep an eye on your metal and construction materials stocks as well, catch them in the act and they tend to crumble pretty fast. Make sure they have a project. We built a singulo together. There's far too much stuff to move alone and everyone was pretty excited to get one working. And, despite it going against everything I said, be a good boss. Get to know them. Syd's pretty old, so I like to draw on his stories and 'experience' to spin tales. Ask them if they have loved ones. Buy them a drink at the bar if they do a good job.
As for the SM, lock your damn emitters unless you trust your minions implicitly. Otherwise, that kind of antaggy behaviour is worth an ahelp.
I like to think I'm a good CE. Am I?

I can't remember if I've played with you as CE. Your description *sounds* pretty good. It's what I tend to do as CE, and unless I have griefer Engs, it usually goes pretty well for all involved. I have fun, they have fun, and engineering develops a particular sense of community.

Griefer eng are... how shall I say, instantly recognizable when you have other active people in engineering. I usually, either as CE or when we have no CE, greet any engineer as soon as they arrive on station. If they don't respond at all... They tend to be griefers. If the first thing they do in engineering is grab a hardsuit... all the worse. It's to the point that I'm a little tempted to ahelp them as soon as they exhibit such behavior, just to quickly put them on admin radars...

I've also never understood why people find engineering so boring :P
I suspect it is because the shuttle generally gets called somewhat rapidly on Urist, for no obvious reason other than 'we're bored, let's leave'. One reason I *like* engineering is that they can become involved in the round at any point, because at any point someone can do something to damage the station, and then engineering will come running :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20065 on: October 29, 2014, 01:30:58 pm »

I really dont understand the whole "Call the shuttle, we're bored" mentality.
If yer tired of doing whatever you chose to do, its probably time to choose a different job.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20066 on: October 29, 2014, 01:31:11 pm »

Griefer eng are... how shall I say, instantly recognizable when you have other active people in engineering. I usually, either as CE or when we have no CE, greet any engineer as soon as they arrive on station. If they don't respond at all... They tend to be griefers. If the first thing they do in engineering is grab a hardsuit... all the worse. It's to the point that I'm a little tempted to ahelp them as soon as they exhibit such behavior, just to quickly put them on admin radars...

If they're bald as well, do it. Usually we're pretty good at catching those griefers, they're pretty noticeable once you've banned enough.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20067 on: October 29, 2014, 01:39:27 pm »

If yer tired of doing whatever you chose to do, its probably time to choose a different job.

From your earlier posts it's quite apparent that you don't mind complete serenity and just doing a 9-to-5 ingame, but it's simply that for many people, after a while, it becomes a refined form of torture rather than entertainment.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20068 on: October 29, 2014, 01:54:06 pm »

I think there's two types of people in this game. People who want to just sit back and play a game simulating life on a space station, and people who want to be involved in a sci-fi action movie. I'm in the latter category, but I can sympathize with the other view. Not understand it, but I can respect it (somewhat).

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20069 on: October 29, 2014, 01:55:26 pm »

From your earlier posts it's quite apparent that you don't mind complete serenity and just doing a 9-to-5 ingame, but it's simply that for many people, after a while, it becomes a refined form of torture rather than entertainment.

Then request job change with HOP/captain. Organise an event (massive party with spess drugs, build a second station, station wide lasertag game,...) or ask admin if he can make you something (eg become a new antag, or ge a secre mission).

In short: be proactive, make your own fun.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 ... 1654