Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2123459 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19965 on: October 26, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: October 26, 2014, 07:55:33 pm »

-snip-
Thanks! I can't play till later in the afternoon but I hope to play with you all some. (Do you guys RP much? I like RP.)

Generally we are inbetween /tg/ and Bay in terms of RP (Moderate) although it varies to the heavier RP side.
Ah
Ha
Ha
Ha
No. We are not even close to medium. I'd say light with a emphasis on not meta gaming. Thats probably the only place where we are "Medium" RP. I have not seen anyone even try to RP well in the last month except Hans, who tries to keep the tradition alive, and sometimes in event round where people are encouraged to RP well.

/tg/ is light. Trust me, we are not /tg/.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: October 26, 2014, 08:02:08 pm »

I think we have separate definitions. I say RP works sort of like this.
No RP-Basically, metagame, whatever, do whatever, say whatever, who cares.
Light RP-Keep within your role and not metagame as much as on No RP, but no focus on building a character or clumsy attempts to do so.
Medium RP-No meta, and actual character building, so people have personalities attached to them and are believable.
Heavy RP-Basically medium but jacked up. People act like actual humans, and have all the flaws associated with them.

In this case, /tg/ would be No-RP, Bay would be medium. I guess my definition is stricter than most, but I have yet to see a real Heavy RP server.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19968 on: October 26, 2014, 08:06:23 pm »

+1 Werty
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: October 26, 2014, 08:07:36 pm »

I try to RP, but I'm thinking that maybe as security I'm going to need to be harsher when it's obvious that people are not going to RP.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19970 on: October 26, 2014, 08:32:33 pm »

Thats goon.
Light RP-Keep within your role and not metagame as much as on No RP, but no focus on building a character or clumsy attempts to do so.
This is offically what /TG/ is
Medium RP-No meta, and actual character building, so people have personalities attached to them and are believable.
And thats what we try to be.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: October 26, 2014, 08:39:22 pm »

Heavy RP-Basically medium but jacked up. People act like actual humans, and have all the flaws associated with them.

In this case, /tg/ would be No-RP, Bay would be medium. I guess my definition is stricter than most, but I have yet to see a real Heavy RP server.

Maybe RP in general, but we're medium when it comes to SS13. Bay is called Heavy, /tg/ is called Light, Goon has no RP to speak of. We're way more RP oriented than /tg/, but we're nowhere near as heavy as Bay. Thus, medium.

I realise what you're trying to say, but in SS13 terms, we're medium.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19972 on: October 26, 2014, 08:42:44 pm »

I think you're giving /tg/ way too little credit. Sure they aren't heavy but they do got some rules against metagame and an atmosphere to at least try to stay within your role.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: October 26, 2014, 08:56:21 pm »

You know every antag and every one of their tricks. You can do any job as any job. RP is not required and the only thing you can't do as far as I know is use emoticons IC. He's giving /tg/ too much credit.

/tg/ is still fun as fuck though.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19974 on: October 26, 2014, 09:02:46 pm »

So uhhh, is there a way to label Adamantine Golems?  It's kinda hard to coordinate when you have more than one

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19975 on: October 26, 2014, 09:03:42 pm »

ID cards.

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19976 on: October 26, 2014, 09:06:00 pm »

rip server

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19977 on: October 26, 2014, 09:06:41 pm »

rip server

Killed by my terrible, terrible flashbang.

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19978 on: October 26, 2014, 09:07:38 pm »

that or the million copies that photocopier was printing off

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19979 on: October 26, 2014, 09:10:05 pm »

Boo.  I was gathering an army of shiny green men.  Not that I needed an army, but it was nice having company in xenobiology for once.
Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 1654