Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2116817 times)

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19935 on: October 26, 2014, 02:27:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

snow
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19936 on: October 26, 2014, 04:08:15 am »

Fun fact: Bluespace is called bluespace because your screen used to be blue when loc = null

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19937 on: October 26, 2014, 05:17:07 am »

The recent Heist has got me more interested in the vox and looking around I found that on vg station the Vox have a cloner on their ship while ours don't as well a few other things like ion rifles and c4, although vox do start out with emp nades so I suppose its not too bad but the c4 could still be super handy.

Basically what im trying to say is should vox have a cloner on their ship? It would encourage them to bring back their dead for more then just RP reasons in my opinion.

oh also apparently the ghetto tool for clamping bleeders is cable coil so yea that would have been good to know during surgery. im not sure how accurate this list is but im assuming vg uses a baycode base so: http://ss13.nexisonline.net/wiki/Surgery#Surgical_Tools
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:31:04 am by Liction »

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19938 on: October 26, 2014, 06:03:27 am »

If anything, nuke ops need a cloner. Vox have a bunch of junk barely scrapped together to be moderately useful. Ops have actual gear. Ops also die a shitton more often than Vox, who are a 50/50 tossup of being nice or being evil.

But I still prefer them securing cloning and trying to hold the line while their comrades clone.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19939 on: October 26, 2014, 06:30:13 am »

I suppose you do have a point about that although unlike nuke ops which usually breathe air(except diona nukeops) vox will take tox damage during cloning if they are using the cloner on station which makes it virtually impossiable unless they specially fit the room to be nitrogen only which takes:
a vox player that understands the atmos system
the pipe dispenser
sealing the room from oxygen from other rooms
a way to drain and replace the 30/70 o2/nitrogen mix with pure nitrogen
convincing the crew to allow you or keeping the crew from wrecking you while you do all this

all nuke ops would really have to do in this regard is the last bit and as you said they are considerably better equipped to deal with the crew violently.

I suppose it wouldn't make much sense lore wise for vox to have the cloner over nukeops and also that players are much more inclined to attack nukeops then the vox but the difficulty for actual cloning on station is next to impossiable due to the fact vox take constant toxin damage from the air.

then again we could just give both the vox and nukeops a cloner.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:36:08 am by Liction »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19940 on: October 26, 2014, 06:30:52 am »

Supermatter for when you are too lazy to do solars
Solars for when your tired of the supermatter being made critical
Singularity for when you want to be the coolest engineer.

You'll probably be the coolest engineer if you can do supermatter without it blowing up in your face.
Has it changed again?  I could always get the supermatter up, stable, and producing enough power when I played CE.

Last I remembered it blew up every other round nowadays, although the new update should've fixed it so not sure.

Seriously, it only blows up if you have an inattentive or inexperienced engineer. Or no engineer + jury rigging, which is the common case on server.
Some days I swear I just need to log on every round just to make sure the damn thing is running, you guys complain about it going boom so often. Honestly, I'm never sure if it's because an inexperienced Engie is usually setting it up, or just because our antags like to mess with it. An experienced engie both knows the tolerances to look for, and knows how to get rid of the damn thing in a hurry if it is going critical.
Both of these are pretty easy to learn, but usually require a couple detonations :P
We had someone joke earlier that you aren't an engie until you've flooded engineering with toxins. I'd argue that you're just as inexperienced if you haven't blown up the engine on accident at least once :P

Oh, the EXTREMELY out of date SM book does not help. Seriously, can someone update it? At least to say that the expected output of the SM is in the 400KW range, not the 1MW range? Cause let me tell you, the easiest way to accidentally blow up the SM in the current code is to try and overcharge it to 1MW, which is not only a dangerous amount of strain on the SM, but is 3 times as much power as the station needs XD

Spoiler:  For the curious... (click to show/hide)

Naverin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19941 on: October 26, 2014, 07:21:17 am »

Not sure if I should direct PM Someone, but I tried logging in this morning and got a banned message.

Coraiunki marked me as a griefer with perma ban.  Id like to discuss what transpired for this?

The last 2 rounds last night,  1st round was a wizard around I got stuck in toxin's with no power for probably 20 min and decided to try and burn a wall down to get out.  That resulted in my death quite promptly and no one elses that i was aware of.

Next round was a mutiny round, and I didnt really do much at all that round except get beaten to death by security for trying to free the captain from medbay.

Granted I could be missing why I was banned and ill be happy to discuss it, but I'm a big fan of the server and enjoy the crowd and have not had any ill intentions here.

*Edit* Ill add that maybe I shouldn't have tried burning my way out of toxin's but the engineers that round did not setup the engine, instead they setup a singularity that ripped the station apart. so I kind felt it was a crapshoot round at that point

** double edit**  Also Pm'ed the user in the ban message that told me to pm that user (reading skills)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:32:30 am by Naverin »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19942 on: October 26, 2014, 07:24:33 am »

Wait. . . could this be described as a civ V overhaul mod?

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19943 on: October 26, 2014, 07:25:42 am »

Not without some generous definition of what constitutes a mod.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19944 on: October 26, 2014, 07:28:20 am »

Oh.  Wrong thread :P

This game is slightly intimidating.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:31:12 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19945 on: October 26, 2014, 07:49:26 am »

Supermatter for when you are too lazy to do solars
Solars for when your tired of the supermatter being made critical
Singularity for when you want to be the coolest engineer.

You'll probably be the coolest engineer if you can do supermatter without it blowing up in your face.
Has it changed again?  I could always get the supermatter up, stable, and producing enough power when I played CE.

Last I remembered it blew up every other round nowadays, although the new update should've fixed it so not sure.

Seriously, it only blows up if you have an inattentive or inexperienced engineer. Or no engineer + jury rigging, which is the common case on server.
Some days I swear I just need to log on every round just to make sure the damn thing is running, you guys complain about it going boom so often. Honestly, I'm never sure if it's because an inexperienced Engie is usually setting it up, or just because our antags like to mess with it. An experienced engie both knows the tolerances to look for, and knows how to get rid of the damn thing in a hurry if it is going critical.
Both of these are pretty easy to learn, but usually require a couple detonations :P
We had someone joke earlier that you aren't an engie until you've flooded engineering with toxins. I'd argue that you're just as inexperienced if you haven't blown up the engine on accident at least once :P

Oh, the EXTREMELY out of date SM book does not help. Seriously, can someone update it? At least to say that the expected output of the SM is in the 400KW range, not the 1MW range? Cause let me tell you, the easiest way to accidentally blow up the SM in the current code is to try and overcharge it to 1MW, which is not only a dangerous amount of strain on the SM, but is 3 times as much power as the station needs XD

Spoiler:  For the curious... (click to show/hide)
I had (finally) managed to work it out (it may have taken 3-4 explosions first), but this really helps. Thanks.
Oh.  Wrong thread :P

This game is slightly intimidating.
Come play with us! We're nice and friendly for the most part! There's always someone willing to teach you if walk up to them and say: Hi, I'm new, can you teach me how to x? Start with cargo tech, btw.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19946 on: October 26, 2014, 08:25:12 am »

I feel that this is relevant

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19947 on: October 26, 2014, 08:30:17 am »

I feel that this is relevant
The fuck is this about?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19948 on: October 26, 2014, 08:43:45 am »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19949 on: October 26, 2014, 09:44:11 am »

Come play with us! We're nice and friendly for the most part! There's always someone willing to teach you if walk up to them and say: Hi, I'm new, can you teach me how to x? Start with cargo tech, btw.
Aye thank ya. Ill look into it, but unfortunately I have time concerns too.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 1654