Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117376 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19800 on: October 21, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »

I've figured out why the supermatter explodes every round now. The APC in the core isn't charging, because it isn't charging, none of the filter pumps work. No filter pumps = no phoron being removed = supermatter explodes. But you ask, "Why Knoxon is the APC in the core not charging?" Thats easy, the SMES in the core is bottlenecking the power, none of it is going to the core APC. What you need to do is to turn the core SMES input off, and wire a line of cables around the SMES to bypass it.
THANK YOU I'VE ONLY BEEN BRINGING THIS UP FOR THE LAST WEEK. THANK YOU.

Thus proving once again that BS12 can't map for shit. (I just copypasta'd the engine room from BS12 for the most part.)

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19801 on: October 21, 2014, 03:22:40 pm »

I've figured out why the supermatter explodes every round now. The APC in the core isn't charging, because it isn't charging, none of the filter pumps work. No filter pumps = no phoron being removed = supermatter explodes. But you ask, "Why Knoxon is the APC in the core not charging?" Thats easy, the SMES in the core is bottlenecking the power, none of it is going to the core APC. What you need to do is to turn the core SMES input off, and wire a line of cables around the SMES to bypass it.
I know you have, and now I've explained exactly why the APC is doing that.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19802 on: October 21, 2014, 03:28:27 pm »

I know you have, and now I've explained exactly why the APC is doing that.
YES DO CAPS LOCKS NOT MAKE MY GRATITUDE SINCERE ENOUGH? In all seriousness, thanks for the fix.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: October 21, 2014, 04:11:54 pm »

Orrrrrrrrrr... you pump the output on the engine SMES. The freezers and pumps require ~100KW to run. Pump it up that far and you're golden. It charges just fine :P

It also takes a really, *really* long time for the SM to explode. You pretty much have to leave it unattended for a solid half hour with no power in order to have no chance to save or eject it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:16:11 pm by Kriellya »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19804 on: October 21, 2014, 04:15:45 pm »

Orrrrrrrrrr... you pump the output on the engine SMES. The freezers and pumps require ~100KW to run. Pump it up that far and you're golden. It charges just fine :P
Aye, this is how I worked it out. Mine capped at about 120KW.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: October 21, 2014, 04:17:05 pm »

Aye, this is how I worked it out. Mine capped at about 120KW.

Yeah, 120KW is usually what I set it to. 150 in, 125 out. Handles charging the local APC if it happens to be running low, and any unforseen power spikes.

I personally really like a lot of BS12's decisions for engineering setups. They feel more like how a sensible engineer would design the system, with assorted backups, surge protection, and network isolation, and the power requirements of their codebase make it not trivial to power the station. Their map also has a *lot* more to do as engineering. Maybe some people don't like that, but I find it really enjoyable.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:22:49 pm by Kriellya »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19806 on: October 21, 2014, 05:38:41 pm »

I think the beauty of tileset games like this is the sheer amount of possibilities for things to happen.
As the graphics and engine and such go up, possibilities like this tend to go down.
Black lives matter.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: October 21, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »

Total Players: 2
Time to actually set up my skills.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: October 21, 2014, 05:57:51 pm »

All: Professional
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19809 on: October 21, 2014, 05:59:44 pm »

Name: Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: October 21, 2014, 05:59:55 pm »

If I ever actually play on this server, Imma gonna put all my skill points into botany and just always play as a botanist.
Speaking of skills, would it be possible to get skill points every round dependant on certain actions as a certain job?
Like getting points for keeping a consistent power level throughout a certain time as an engineer or growing X amount of good plants as botanist?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: October 21, 2014, 06:01:23 pm »

Officially now the last slot in the charload, though with a smaller name.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19812 on: October 21, 2014, 06:01:51 pm »

Skills are and always will be 100% fluff. Even I, who want them to be required, would disapprove if it was turned into a game mechanic.

Plus you get like, 28 before you become above average. Enough to be a master in two different departments <3
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: October 21, 2014, 06:47:20 pm »

But it wouldn't be a game mechanic, just a identifier when observing someone when you know who they are.
So if they were a doctor, for example, and were apprentice, when observing them when they had their ID, then you could see their level.
Of course, it probably would be far more work than I think it would take and it certainly wouldn't help with lag.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: October 21, 2014, 07:08:38 pm »

SPEAK NOT OF MORDOR
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1654