Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118143 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19605 on: October 17, 2014, 12:51:49 pm »

Just remove ling if you want to fix it, it's unsalvagable.

Without looking at the code, random probably does some weird stuff where it uses a typesof() and a pick() to pick a random mode and then replaces itself with that mode, thus causing it to tell you the mode at roundstart.

You're a codewizard now, right? I mean, wouldn't the simplest thing be to completely suppress the roundstart message for all round types?  If the mode is set to traitor, we don't need to be told it's traitor when the round starts.  It would probably be better if secret didn't even tell you the possibilities of what mode it is.  Would that be easy to do, or better yet, made into a server specific setting?

miauw is tgstation's maintainer for a while now :D

And that's exactly what I planned to do - just silence the roundtype announcement until a more elegant solution is found. But my code clone is acting up, so it will take some time.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: October 17, 2014, 01:50:56 pm »

I demand that someone explain to me how the fuck vampire is supposed to work.

I got on to playtest the new antag type and it has three verbs, only one of which is actually usable. I couldn't figure out how to acquire blood, and I have found literally nothing about vampire trolling the wikis.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: October 17, 2014, 01:55:16 pm »

I got on to playtest the new antag type and it has three verbs, only one of which is actually usable. I couldn't figure out how to acquire blood, and I have found literally nothing about vampire trolling the wikis.

http://ss13.nexisonline.net/wiki/Vampire

:D

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: October 17, 2014, 01:57:16 pm »

Well, I found the round announce code. Standby for PR.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: October 17, 2014, 06:10:07 pm »

http://ss13.nexisonline.net/wiki/Vampire

:D

Thank you. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: October 18, 2014, 03:13:30 am »

I've indeed been a tg maintainer for well over half a year.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: October 18, 2014, 08:39:38 am »

With a flawless sense of timing, BS12 did a devfreeze merge three days ago. Sweet, sweet, delicious ironing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: October 18, 2014, 09:37:15 am »

Would anyone be interested in a new station? I had this idea, you see. Most stations are nicely built and organized logically.

Fuck
That

I want to make a station that looks like a loosely glued together ball of orbital wreckage. There will be places where you will have to spacewalk to get from point a to point b. Obviously, this means spacesuits will be more widely available. Basically, imagine if maintenance and the main hallways were half replaced with space. This is what I'm going for.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: October 18, 2014, 09:40:31 am »

Would anyone be interested in a new station? I had this idea, you see. Most stations are nicely built and organized logically.

Fuck
That

I want to make a station that looks like a loosely glued together ball of orbital wreckage. There will be places where you will have to spacewalk to get from point a to point b. Obviously, this means spacesuits will be more widely available. Basically, imagine if maintenance and the main hallways were half replaced with space. This is what I'm going for.

So basically we're just skipping the beginning of the round, where everyone pretends that everything is fine and there is still atmosphere in places? I like it. I think it should have multiple engines that all need to be started, and none of them run on the same grid. Smaller engines, mind you. Maybe pac-mans in certain sections, because ghetto.
He's fucking with us.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: October 18, 2014, 10:25:44 am »

Fuck
That

So basically we're just skipping the beginning of the round, where everyone pretends that everything is fine and there is still atmosphere in places? I like it. I think it should have multiple engines that all need to be started, and none of them run on the same grid. Smaller engines, mind you. Maybe pac-mans in certain sections, because ghetto.
Yeah, that's a good idea. I was going to have a supermatter in the center originally, and exposed wires in space for fun and profit, but that would be much more fun. Mind you, the station is stable at the start, as in if nobody does anything, all the rooms should keep oxygen. But it will be close.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: October 18, 2014, 10:30:42 am »

remember to add an engine that chills like 50 tiles away from the station proper, beaming power back to the station via laser, just for the hell of it

bonus points: without having it running at peak efficiency, the station will not function

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: October 18, 2014, 11:47:12 am »

Fuck
That

Stop stealing mah plan.

Tho, if you manage to map it out, kudos to you.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: October 18, 2014, 03:29:58 pm »

I'd personally like to design a station designed for luxury, with carpet and wood and elegance everywhere.
Except it's in a horrible state of disrepair.

Paper, broken light tubes, shards of glass, and junk wrappers are littered everywhere.
Workplace materials are ill-organized and scattered about the worksite.

Many internal walls and windows (mostly in civilian areas or from part of one department to another part of it, for balance) are destroyed down to the girders and rods and worse.
Some of the metal tiles are missing or displaced, and the wood and carpet has rotted away in areas.
Barricades and upturned tables block off some areas (usually if there's another, less convenient way in or it's not something the normal person needs to get to).

Tables and racks are collapsed and need setting up again, chairs are displaced, closets have had their contents spilled out.
Several doors and vendors have their electronics exposed, some of the inconsequential ones even being unusable.
Some machines and consoles have been damaged and need their parts reattached.
Many APCs need to bet re-set-up and wire connections repaired in some places so as to provide power to what they should.

And then... maintenance.
Maintenance is hell.
Some sections are exposed to space via damaged windows.
It's full of sub-rooms and secrets, some of which hide caches of various objects, from things as basic as building materials/tools, clothing/bedsheets, and drugs/alcohol/cigarettes to things as alarming as unidentifiable corpses and blood smears, improvised gear, and ammunition (nothing that could actually be used to go on a rampage without sufficient determination, effort, and luck).

However.

When the trash is cleaned up, the walls and floors are repaired, and the worksites are reorganized, it will look absolutely beautiful. Everyone will have a well-equipped and large place to work, and the public areas will look amazing.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: October 18, 2014, 04:22:02 pm »

The existence of people who believe Extended is a fun gamemode on Urist does not cease to inspire marvel and awe in me at the thought of the weirdness of human psyche.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: October 18, 2014, 04:26:31 pm »

The existence of people who believe Extended is a fun gamemode on Urist does not cease to inspire marvel and awe in me at the thought of the weirdness of human psyche.

It keeps getting 10+ votes

EVERY

TIME
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1654