Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2118142 times)

Knoxon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19590 on: October 16, 2014, 05:33:34 pm »

And back again. Welcome to the server seesaw

TGameCo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19591 on: October 16, 2014, 06:48:58 pm »

Someone blew the supermatter, while simultaneously blowing the server.

Edit: It's back
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:53:03 pm by TGameCo »

'Hang on, I need to set off this EMP... FUCK! MY PACEMAKER!'

Quote from: miauw62
i think humphrey would be a good last name for somebody called Penis.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19592 on: October 16, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »

Damian is living proof not a single person on Urist listens to anything admins say, even other admins. And especially when its coming from me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Better idea! Nerf/revamp ling so it doesn't suck. Do the same with Ninja. Win.

One is made specifically for murderboning and has proved time and time again it cannot be fixed. The other has code so bad it took a year for someone to rewrite it and even then it still is code cancer, and with over half of its abilities disabled can still wipe out the entire station alone.

Nah, it's up.

Speaking of, I learned that the captain was not a traitor that round.

Which brings me to a proposal: with the amount of lolrandom Security executions lately, I would suggest a rule patch - executions have to be cleared with CentComm. Now that faxes are available, there's a valid IC way of doing that, and admins are present often enough that it shouldn't be a problem - and even if they aren't, permabrigging definitely should suffice. If the prisoner breaks a window and dies of suffocation, it's on them.

:+1:

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19593 on: October 16, 2014, 07:09:11 pm »

Give us our frickin labor camp and have a option for "indefinite detainment"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19594 on: October 17, 2014, 12:34:31 am »

Speaking of, I learned that the captain was not a traitor that round.
Which brings me to a proposal: with the amount of lolrandom Security executions lately, I would suggest a rule patch - executions have to be cleared with CentComm. Now that faxes are available, there's a valid IC way of doing that, and admins are present often enough that it shouldn't be a problem - and even if they aren't, permabrigging definitely should suffice. If the prisoner breaks a window and dies of suffocation, it's on them.
Captain was the only person acting sane from what I saw.

As for executions, they sorta require this little thing called a trail.
Every time there has been a trial, its just been lolrandomattack every time. And then the Captain just decides to have them shot afterwards with no complaints from anyone.

Not a trial. Just 'hey, CentComm, mind if we kill this guy who totes did X?'. A small hurdle to jump through, so that it won't be just 'hey, this guy is totes a bad guy because the gremlins told me I'm living a videogame and my life is not real, KILL HE'.

So that the Sec actually has to *check* that the person they are killing is the person they intend to kill. This week, there was a rather amusing situation where there was a traitor who respawned under a very slightly changed name - and Sec just gunned him down, only afterwards realizing they killed the wrong guy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

AH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19595 on: October 17, 2014, 12:40:44 am »

Speaking of trials, we had one today for a vampire. I chose to time it, and it lasted about five minutes.

The crew were eager to see a trial, as always. Most of the station was probably there. The vampire defendant fired his lawyer, rehired his lawyer, and when I removed him from the witness box, eyeflashed me and ran around trying to make us kill him until we ended up shooting his skull open. At least 3 people went to drinking until the end of the round, someone realized they were too good for their job, and the captain was enraged by the shitshow.

Then we had to have another trial. We decided to just send them to CentComm, but before anything ever happened they were dying in the escape hallway. They pulled through on the escape shuttle, I believe.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19596 on: October 17, 2014, 12:42:04 am »

If i'm on and aren't half asleep, I would totally get ghosts and spawn them as Centcomm people for a trial. Send a shuttle, load everyone on. Trial at Centcomm with on the spot executions for anyone who talks out of turn...

(:
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19597 on: October 17, 2014, 12:47:18 am »

I'm kind of imagining a death-borg just looming there and vaporizing people who speak out of turn without even moving an inch.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19600 on: October 17, 2014, 08:45:39 am »

Well, I think I saw a swastika in it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19601 on: October 17, 2014, 08:52:07 am »

Aedel confirmed for Nazi

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19602 on: October 17, 2014, 09:13:46 am »

Just remove ling if you want to fix it, it's unsalvagable.

Without looking at the code, random probably does some weird stuff where it uses a typesof() and a pick() to pick a random mode and then replaces itself with that mode, thus causing it to tell you the mode at roundstart.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19603 on: October 17, 2014, 10:00:53 am »

Without looking at the code, random probably does some weird stuff where it uses a typesof() and a pick() to pick a random mode and then replaces itself with that mode, thus causing it to tell you the mode at roundstart.

I have an idea how to hotfix the issue, but git is being a dick.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19604 on: October 17, 2014, 12:15:52 pm »

You're a codewizard now, right? I mean, wouldn't the simplest thing be to completely suppress the roundstart message for all round types?  If the mode is set to traitor, we don't need to be told it's traitor when the round starts.  It would probably be better if secret didn't even tell you the possibilities of what mode it is.  Would that be easy to do, or better yet, made into a server specific setting?
Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 1654