Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119590 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19290 on: October 06, 2014, 01:10:02 am »

On my second attempt to play this game (My first attempt was basically becoming the test subject of a mad scientist) I started as a gardener/botanist. Another person was explaining me how it worked when an announcement came up saying that we had to evacuate the station and someone nearby screaming for us to run. Then a ghost-demon thing appeared and we managed to hide in the vent and escape later. We reached the escape pods and managed to barricade there. When the shuttle finally arrived I had to fight for a space in an escape pod and lost sight of the other person who was helping me.
The admins began playing some creepy sounds when suddenly a ´´Man up´´ is heard, along with an admin saying that it was a missclick and that he was sorry and the entire server screaming that immersion was broken.

... 10/10.

I think I was in there for that first round. This was sometime last night when it had been just me keeping the poor engine going alone and starting to institute the Rule of Engineering, then the two of you joined in. I think said mad scientist tried to throw a syringe at me while I was in a hardsuit :P

My first proper round was very similar. I spent the entire round wandering around the station, and at the very end waiting for the shuttle... one of the traitors stabbed me with a deathpen, dragged me into maintenance, and left me to die.
He needed to test something. He was very apologetic when he realized I was new :P

Though my favorite round is still a Nuke round where I was an engineer and they slapped a power sink onto the system. A few minutes of valiant scrambling saved enough power for me to reboot the systems after the drain ended. During my scrambling, I accidentally irradiated myself and got Tourettes, and so started swearing into general chat and twitching while trying to inform everyone of the circumstances. Eventually the drain ended, and I turned the SMES back on to get things recharging... and that's when a Nukeop burst in, stunned me, stripped me naked, tied me up and shoved me into Drone Maintenance. I spent the entire rest of the round, which ended up being the better part of an hour, sitting in the dark, alone, and completely unable to break the restraints because of the twitching. And I couldn't stop laughing.
I still wonder if anyone there realized that something was wrong when I stopped continuously swearing into the radio :P
Yeah I think you were there. The first time I played was in Urist. The second I played was in Baystation.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19291 on: October 06, 2014, 04:40:06 am »

The fun thing is that humans turned borgs still remember being humans.
And that that also applies to borgs turned humans/other life forms.

Which is fun when an android gets turned into a vox.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19292 on: October 07, 2014, 12:39:42 am »

One of these days I need to learn how to set up the SM.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19293 on: October 07, 2014, 12:43:21 am »

One of these days I need to learn how to set up the SM.

Aww, it's simple. If my system wasn't misbehaving tonight, I could have shown you how :P

Besides, what you *really* need to know is how to screw up the SM.
So you can prevent traitors from doing it.
Right?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19294 on: October 07, 2014, 12:46:23 am »

Seems to me that it'd be hard to mess up the SM unless the traitor stole the entire thing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19295 on: October 07, 2014, 12:48:41 am »

Seems to me that it'd be hard to mess up the SM unless the traitor stole the entire thing.

Nah, there are some really cool and subtle ways to screw with it. Also some really blunt ways, but those are less interesting. The AI is your worst enemy when it comes to the SM engine. If they're against you, abandon all hope if you can't disable the cameras IC yet :P

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19296 on: October 07, 2014, 12:56:09 am »

i were ai on bay once

traitor ai, no less

had a really competent engineer on the case, who did the whole pipe replacement setup and shit

"input pipe: volume: 0kpa"

turning it off would trigger a sprite, and the bastard was running at 1.6 megawatts anyway

boom in seconds

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19297 on: October 07, 2014, 01:05:11 am »

i were ai on bay once

traitor ai, no less

had a really competent engineer on the case, who did the whole pipe replacement setup and shit

"input pipe: volume: 0kpa"

turning it off would trigger a sprite, and the bastard was running at 1.6 megawatts anyway

boom in seconds

1.6 MW? No wonder it blew up in seconds, he must have been running that bastard at the edge of tolerance XD
With the default setup, I can get it up to... probably .8 MW. But that's not really safe, and it's *way* in excess of what the station needs. I usually run it at about .4 MW to start and then let it drain over the duration of the round. Fairly safe, and fairly slow to go boom :P

Kind of curious about the pipe replacement... I know a few things you can do, very few of which I've done on server. I usually screw around on a test server when I want to play with the engine setup.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19298 on: October 07, 2014, 01:08:20 am »

volumetrics out of the ass + four-way to the third freezer

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19299 on: October 07, 2014, 02:21:00 am »

I don't know why I keep playing AI. It's really boring unless you're subverted or you're traitor.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19300 on: October 07, 2014, 05:30:31 am »

volumetrics out of the ass + four-way to the third freezer
Done the 3rd freezer, haven't tried volumetrics on the engine. Mostly because I'm scared of them and don't fully understand how they work :P

I don't know why I keep playing AI. It's really boring unless you're subverted or you're traitor.

Sounds kind of like engineering. I've been meaning to try AI sometime soon, I'll have to get back to you with some ideas on how to cut the boredom in a normal round :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19301 on: October 07, 2014, 06:31:51 am »

I usually stalk the Captain or the acting captain in my free time, waiting for them to get inevitably attacked.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19302 on: October 07, 2014, 08:54:40 am »

Engineering is a bit more fun after you throw yourself into the depths of space. Perhaps they should ask the AI to come along for SPACE ADVENTURE

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19303 on: October 07, 2014, 09:02:15 am »

Being AI is fun when you ACT like one.

As in, as a computer and not a human...

I really hope I havent offended anyone...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19304 on: October 07, 2014, 09:34:47 am »

I play detective sometimes...

I suck, but I swear I get told I'm good at it :P
Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1654