Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119944 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19185 on: October 02, 2014, 05:14:10 pm »

I am home from work now, and my current plan is start the Proto-Speciesism round two hours from the time of this post. I do have some requirements, and I would like for them to be filled. It will help everyone have a fun round.

-No non-human Security. No non-human Captain, HoP, or HoS.
-Players who play as Nonhumans should PM me when the round begins, and they should be prepared to be put in some bad situations.
-It's all about fun guys. Try to keep this in mind.

The rest I'll explain as we actually begin the round.

I'm not sure if I still want to run the special cult round or not yet, but we'll see.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19186 on: October 02, 2014, 05:14:44 pm »

Yes pls give EMP's maint access. Anyways, back to why singulo is best engine.
Lag
The problem with the massive lag spike is it CRASHES the server half the time. Full on reset. Meanwhile, the singularity rarely every would, it would cause lag, but unless you were RIGHT next to it, it was manageable.
Danger
Gais the singulo is free! Oh wait it fucked off into space. Because that is what it does 50 percent of the time, or nibbles engineering and then fucks off. Unless the antag decided to spend all of his points on a singularity beacon, then it usually only does damage in engineering and the lower half of the station. And, as a bonus, it does not give the entire server mindbreaker induced hallucinations, which get PRETTY FUCKING ANNOYING after the 20th round in a row, when 10 of those were crashes when some idiot failed to set up the supermatter.

The dangers of setting it up are minimal, if you are not a moron, just like with the supermatter. Electrified doors? For fucks sake you are a engineer, if you don't have some form of insulated gloves you should be job banned. Magboots are the same. All engies wear them already anyways.

Really, I would rather go engineering every round to set up the singulo then to have maybe 1 round out of 20 that's not ruined by the supermatter.

Is the problem unqualified engineers, or antags that can't think of anything more interesting to do than fuck with the engine? Because one of these we can fix with proper training (sometimes known as "I need to play more often, cause I only do engineering"), and one of these indicates that we need to get some more interesting antags :P

Maybe ones with objectives that are guided to do something besides blow up the lower half of the station and cause everyone to hallucinate. (Because I love bringing everything around to objectiveless antags :P)

Cause in all honesty, unless an antag is messing with the engine or the engineers, there is no reason for it to actually explode. Ejecting the core is one of the first things I learned how to do with the engine, and is something that really can't go wrong unless an antag is involved. (the second was 'remember to max out the pumps')

That quote...
So a vote for yes. I've just tested it and it is literally one line of code. I've heard people going on about it all over the place and decided to see how hard it was. It is only EMPs who get access, by the way, although it would make sense for the CMO to get access too.

Call them EMT's instead.

I like the idea, but don't we already have a button that gives the crew maintenance access for emergency purposes? I feel like it'd be better to expand that with an options for 'emergency response' people, and make it accessible by the CMO.

Because why go with a simple solution that just gives medics more access when you could go with a complicated solution that will never get used? :P
You'd think I'd feel more sympathy for fellow coders.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19187 on: October 02, 2014, 05:45:18 pm »

I officially am giving this my seal of approval.
(It's a crossed pair of harmbatons over a bucklecuffed Unathi with "Robusted for Great Justice" in latin around the outside. It's pretty sweet.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not sorry.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19188 on: October 02, 2014, 05:49:22 pm »

Looks good, just that color is more yellow then gold and really looks weird because it's to bright.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19189 on: October 02, 2014, 06:20:21 pm »

I harmbaton'd a xeno  to death.

I am an adult now.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19190 on: October 02, 2014, 07:23:40 pm »

It begins.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19191 on: October 02, 2014, 07:28:11 pm »

So in a fit of idiocy I forgot that my objective didn't include arriving at centcomm.

So I left towards the shuttle and got gibbed by an invisible hans.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #19192 on: October 02, 2014, 09:07:58 pm »

Quarterly Report

In Quarter 3 of 2014(July-September):

1 Donation was received for a total of $20.00

Thanks again to those of you who have donated.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19193 on: October 02, 2014, 09:08:26 pm »

It begins.
'Twas fun, but I missed out on the last half.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19194 on: October 02, 2014, 09:39:06 pm »

Moral of the story:

Fake racism makes most everything die in a fire.

The rest starts a suicide mission with a nuke.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19195 on: October 02, 2014, 09:40:18 pm »

So in a fit of idiocy I forgot that my objective didn't include arriving at centcomm.

So I left towards the shuttle and got gibbed by an invisible hans.

We had a fucking LIGHTSABER FIGHT ON THE BRIDGE OF THE ESCAPE SHUTTLE. IN THE MIDDLE OF A GUNFIGHT ALSO. ALSO I WAS VISIBLE IN THE BRIDGE OF THE SHUTTLE.
He's fucking with us.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19196 on: October 02, 2014, 09:45:06 pm »

Not to me you weren't.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19197 on: October 02, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »

CENTCOMM:CoraiUnki/(Ali Fowler) (PP) (VV) (SM) (JMP) (CA) (BSA) (RPLY): Shuttle is rogue! Kill them all, they're gonna nuke you!

I got this off just before power died, either from the AI or engine dying. I stopped Centcomm from being nuked by getting the code myself and killed a rogue CE.

Glory to NANOTRASEN
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19198 on: October 02, 2014, 09:48:41 pm »

GLORY TO, MOTHERFUCKER
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19199 on: October 02, 2014, 10:59:06 pm »

Did the server crash or can't I just not connect to it?
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 1654