Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1267 1268 [1269] 1270 1271 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120664 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19020 on: September 23, 2014, 04:43:52 pm »

Ah, I gotcha.  I think this has been asked before, but are there any open-source standalone SS13 projects going?

You, uh, might want to check the OP.

There's also Centration, which doesn't strictly speaking aspire to be SS13 remake, but is very similar, down to individual jobs, and is in FPP.

I don't see anything about an open-source standalone SS13 remake?  Unless the one at spacestation13.com is open source.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19021 on: September 23, 2014, 05:14:25 pm »

It will be.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19022 on: September 23, 2014, 06:18:58 pm »

Oh cool!  When is it slated to go open source?  I may put a few hours into that when it does.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19023 on: September 23, 2014, 06:41:00 pm »

When they get it all working.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19024 on: September 23, 2014, 07:17:14 pm »

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19025 on: September 23, 2014, 07:23:24 pm »

Did they not say they were only making the groundwork, and that servers would be making their own code for their own servers on their own? That sounds opensource to me.

I could probably find the twitter or website post if you need it.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19026 on: September 23, 2014, 07:51:08 pm »

Yah, in the suggestion area (Where I once lurked) they kept saying that they wouldent put this or that n the base game, but that servers could add them.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19027 on: September 23, 2014, 09:05:28 pm »

Corai has inspired me to come up with a new game mode idea. (It's just an idea. Don't get excited. :P )

Blob-meteor.

Sounds like shit, I know, right?

Here's how it would... Work I guess. >.>

The Derelict is replaced with a massive blob, with multiple cores and one SUPERCORE (For flavor, I guess. :P ) The station is informed that a giant 'Biological Organism of unknown origin' is launching some sort of spore at the station. Then whoever is running this round (Me? I can totally do this, but there's only eleven people on and it's a lot of work for just eleven people. :P )

The 'spore' takes the form of that non-core blob structure that makes a zone of blob around it. Node? Node. The station gets hit on the outside by nodes and occasionally a good meteor strike or something, so the blob can get deeper without needing a core on station.

And basically I would continue doing this until the crew satisfied my sick, sadistic, and capricious demands somehow and made the blob stop and/or all die horribly. Sound like fun?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19028 on: September 23, 2014, 09:13:54 pm »

If it was new blob the core can jump to the nodes and expand extremely quickly.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19029 on: September 23, 2014, 09:36:12 pm »

snip

>blob event

bitch this is my territory get yo panda butt out of here

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19030 on: September 24, 2014, 05:17:07 am »

Did they not say they were only making the groundwork, and that servers would be making their own code for their own servers on their own? That sounds opensource to me.

I could probably find the twitter or website post if you need it.
TIL KSP is open source.

Making an SS13 standalone is hellish since a straight clone would never feel quite the same, no matter how much work you put into it.
Cloning BYOND lets us move away from a lot of underlying shittiness while keeping the massive amount of work to SS13 and keeps contributing easy and seperated from the underlying system.

Coding brotip:
Code: [Select]
var/itemtype = /obj/item/weapon/extinguisher
var/itemforce = initial(itemtype.force)
world << itemforce
This works.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:25:11 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19031 on: September 24, 2014, 06:02:23 am »

Hans, the gamemode idea is decent but it's so is Meteor. The problem with Meteor is not that it's intrinsically bad, the problem is that it's unplayable due to the immense lag it causes since you're venting a lot of areas and creating explosions.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19032 on: September 24, 2014, 01:19:12 pm »

Hans, the gamemode idea is decent but it's so is Meteor. The problem with Meteor is not that it's intrinsically bad, the problem is that it's unplayable due to the immense lag it causes since you're venting a lot of areas and creating explosions.

You wouldn't have that problem. We aren't creating explosions, just blobs. And yeah, they create breaches, but they're much more manageable lagwise than the explosions are. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19033 on: September 24, 2014, 01:43:13 pm »

So, yeah, whenever one of the admins gets on, please take a look at the adminhelps. Shitcurity to the max.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19034 on: September 24, 2014, 01:54:24 pm »

So, yeah, whenever one of the admins gets on, please take a look at the adminhelps. Shitcurity to the max.
They can't just magicly see adminPM's that happened. Unless they open the log.
Pages: 1 ... 1267 1268 [1269] 1270 1271 ... 1654