Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2120773 times)

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #19005 on: September 22, 2014, 05:54:50 pm »

I seem to be the only one who was simply amused by Red's drunken antics. I genuinely miss him, but I SEEM to be alone in this.

Thing is... he lied. HE WASN'T EVEN DRUNK.
Even better?

He says his account was stolen.
No, it wasn't.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19006 on: September 22, 2014, 07:20:49 pm »

Gamemode concept: Pathogen.

Basically, a cross between old Meme and old Outbreak, with a dash of Pandemic/Pandemic Inc. thrown in.

The antag controls a virus, buying powers with points, I've been thinking to make the points accumulate by using the infectee's food usage, which would encourage things like a Vomiting power that makes the mob hungry fast, so you get more points quicker.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19007 on: September 22, 2014, 07:42:14 pm »

Gamemode concept: Pathogen.

Basically, a cross between old Meme and old Outbreak, with a dash of Pandemic/Pandemic Inc. thrown in.

The antag controls a virus, buying powers with points, I've been thinking to make the points accumulate by using the infectee's food usage, which would encourage things like a Vomiting power that makes the mob hungry fast, so you get more points quicker.

If only you can use my favourite combo of fever with no sweating.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19008 on: September 22, 2014, 08:35:39 pm »

God. That round. That fucking round.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19009 on: September 22, 2014, 08:59:15 pm »

Do tell.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19010 on: September 22, 2014, 09:19:48 pm »

Do tell.

Corai and Hans teamed up to do all the most hated antag types, all at once. So Blob, Xenos and Lings. All at once.

So, there were three different people speaking in Franziska Carterson's voice all at once, I went through the Gateway to Space Hotel, wore a xeno suit while Hans as another, real Xeno was hunting and ran around, and in the end I've gotten killed and my body treated like an actual xenomorph, all the while thinking the xeno was actually another dude in a suit, another person went to the hotel and took another suit, upon which an ACTUAL Alien Hunter showed up (for Reasons, later).

I then got larva'd and evolved into a Sentinel, joined the Queen, later the Hunter I mentioned showed up, and we claimed Escape. At the same time, there was a Syndie mobs invasion on Escape from space, but the three of us managed to get in the shuttle.

So there was the three of us, several blob nodes, Syndicate mobs, and, later, Necromorphs. I and the queen took it in strides, but the Hunter panicked - which Corai deemed cute, so he saved him by TP him to the hotel, hence the earlier thing.

But before that happened, I've gotten eaten by the ever-increasing blob, and Queen and the Hunter ended up being huddled in the NE corner of the shuttle main area, some fun interaction happened.

And there was even more things I didn't get to see myself.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19011 on: September 23, 2014, 11:30:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I TOLD YOU I WAS GOING TO RUN AN ENJOYABLE GODDAMN CHANGELING ROUND. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19012 on: September 23, 2014, 11:35:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I TOLD YOU I WAS GOING TO RUN AN ENJOYABLE GODDAMN CHANGELING ROUND. :P

ENJOY IT OR DIE.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19013 on: September 23, 2014, 01:09:51 pm »

OpenBYOND is still rollin'
so yeah, a rewrite is still underway.
if you can code in c# you should get your lazy ass over here and make our dreams a reality.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19014 on: September 23, 2014, 02:03:45 pm »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19015 on: September 23, 2014, 02:48:48 pm »

if you can code in c# you should get your lazy ass over here and make our dreams a reality.

I thought it died back in May. Did Nexis start it again in C#?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19016 on: September 23, 2014, 03:37:02 pm »

Why are they trying to re-create BYOND instead of just making a standalone of SS13?

I mean, I feel like a (very) basic SS13 clone wouldn't be too hard to do.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19017 on: September 23, 2014, 03:53:59 pm »

Why are they trying to re-create BYOND instead of just making a standalone of SS13?

I mean, I feel like a (very) basic SS13 clone wouldn't be too hard to do.

Mostly because THAT is already being done. By at least two separate teams, and god knows how many dead projects on top of that.

Meanwhile de-shittifying BYOND lets you keep the current code, but get rid of some of the underlying issues like network code.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19018 on: September 23, 2014, 04:11:32 pm »

Ah, I gotcha.  I think this has been asked before, but are there any open-source standalone SS13 projects going?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19019 on: September 23, 2014, 04:13:19 pm »

Ah, I gotcha.  I think this has been asked before, but are there any open-source standalone SS13 projects going?

You, uh, might want to check the OP.

There's also Centration, which doesn't strictly speaking aspire to be SS13 remake, but is very similar, down to individual jobs, and is in FPP.
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 1654