Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117156 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18720 on: September 09, 2014, 07:31:46 am »

Wait, you mean SS13 doesn't have realistic space physics? o_O
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arcani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I write books!
« Reply #18721 on: September 09, 2014, 08:21:09 am »

Yes, and whitelists (Play for three games and you are listed), and death if you kill FNR.

So what does the listing do, really? Is it just to discourage people from playing sec all the time, or am I misunderstanding?
Lux Arcana
Bucket of Love, the Love Bucket

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18722 on: September 09, 2014, 08:28:22 am »

it's to prevent new people from seccing around

technically it's good

practically it's somewhat decent, but it denies these filthy serverdrifters the ability to do shit even if they're masters of it normal;y

as long as it's not "lol wait 2 weeks before you can play janitor" it's bearable

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18723 on: September 09, 2014, 08:37:57 am »

@Bulletsec

To be honest, it'll be abused no doubt, someone's gonna yell, but with it comes some benefits.

When's the last time you heard of the detective running out of ammo and being told to get a taser instead? Or Urist McRambo charging a taser because it won't fuck him over in the long run. Or just in general, one or two tasers getting out, causing security to go into a panic.

The list of things that energy based weapons and their problems in the setting of SS13 the game(not the universe) goes on.

Bulletsec will allow the security department to be able to enforce more lethal commands easier, while being able to handle the standard jobs quicker due to threat of lethal force. Tasers, I'm sure, will still be around if need be, however I think Bulletsec will be much more effective and threatening to those that need to be threatened. And who heard of corporate security without lethal weapons on their person for a /known/ terrorist threat.

I mean, RP and meta wise, if the taser takes about four shots and a few seconds to knock you down, versus a bullet to the chest(along with the pain), which seems more likely in which you tank it and take down the evil(obvs) security officer?

Apologies if this sounds harsh in any way. Blah blah blah, debate this,

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18724 on: September 09, 2014, 10:17:15 am »

Whitelisting for sec seems like a good plan. It keeps the shitlers out of sec. It sucks when some noob chooses sec and abuses power a day. Thats my biggest problem with tg because any new guy can be cap or HoS and then the round is fucked.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18725 on: September 09, 2014, 10:39:35 am »

Bulletsec sounds... fun, but I think it would be also interesting to keep a non-whitelisted security job. Maybe have Guards and Officers. Guards are basically rent-a-cops who handle the low-grade shit with tasers, Officers have guns and maybe some knowledge of the Syndicate. Have guards look like cops and officers look like security right now to enhance the difference.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18726 on: September 09, 2014, 11:18:10 am »

Bulletsec sounds... fun, but I think it would be also interesting to keep a non-whitelisted security job. Maybe have Guards and Officers. Guards are basically rent-a-cops who handle the low-grade shit with tasers, Officers have guns and maybe some knowledge of the Syndicate. Have guards look like cops and officers look like security right now to enhance the difference.

Then we're back to square one.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18727 on: September 09, 2014, 12:26:00 pm »

Well, maybe the security guards should just have batons or something. To be honest, I would more prefer the idea of Security Officers being more like guards then guys with guns.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18728 on: September 09, 2014, 02:35:21 pm »

Just batons, a seclite, spray and some cuffs.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18729 on: September 09, 2014, 03:01:57 pm »

I like Bulletsec, because it discourages stupidity en masse. It's abusable, yes, but so was lasersec. And Bulletsec don't have stunbatons, AKA 1hitwinsticks. They have Telebatons. Personally, I think we need a middle ground: Something less...Bone-crushing, but doesn't stun. Think actual police batons.

And tasers? Fuck tasers. Bullshit how a couple of shots can knock down a guy in full body armor with four shots.

RP-wise, I like it. Security should feel like either Police Officers, or freakin' Corperate Security. Both carry pistols. Save the lasers for Red Alert in the armory.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18730 on: September 09, 2014, 03:26:01 pm »

Wouldn't stunbatons be more setting friendly as its the future? Tasers can go because the way they work is retarded but sec should use rubber bullets or beanbag guns for non lethal take downs.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18731 on: September 09, 2014, 03:32:52 pm »

Wouldn't stunbatons be more setting friendly as its the future? Tasers can go because the way they work is retarded but sec should use rubber bullets or beanbag guns for non lethal take downs.

This makes a lot more sense. In many European countries their police realistically use bean bags, with more shotgun use to  prevent civilian casualties. Why would NT risk some personnel getting killed in the crossfire? We all know that security officers sometimes shoot up civvies, but this time it will be a lot worst than a nervous system breakdown.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18732 on: September 09, 2014, 03:39:58 pm »

The way bullet sec should work is that the gun spawns with non lethal rounds. Sec can have a lethal clip in the locker. More rounds can be spawned from the sec vending machine.

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18733 on: September 09, 2014, 04:38:56 pm »

While I agree that stun batons are basically 1hit winsticks have you ever tried to baton someone who is actively saxxing around you? It's not very easy. Im probably against removing stun batons for telebatons but maybe someone can finagle the code for stunbatons to do a lot holodamage instead. That way stunbatons still work on your average crew member but not on nookops or anyone wearing armor.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18734 on: September 09, 2014, 04:44:17 pm »

While I agree that stun batons are basically 1hit winsticks have you ever tried to baton someone who is actively saxxing around you? It's not very easy. Im probably against removing stun batons for telebatons but maybe someone can finagle the code for stunbatons to do a lot holodamage instead. That way stunbatons still work on your average crew member but not on nookops or anyone wearing armor.
Stunbatons not working on armoured targets is great idea.
Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 1654