Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117161 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18705 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:47 pm »

Yes, and whitelists (Play for three games and you are listed), and death if you kill FNR.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18706 on: September 08, 2014, 10:01:07 pm »

Breaking News

NanoTrasen has praised the efforts of Captain John Kalashniklav and loyal members of his crew, who recently managed to put down a mutiny--amid a local interstellar crisis--aboard the Urist McStation, a research station in Nyx.
The mutiny was spurred by a top secret directive sent to the station, presumably in response to the crisis within the system.
Despite the mutiny, the crew was successful in implementing the directive and activating their on-board emergency authentication device.
5 members of the station's personnel were charged with terrorist action against the Company and, if found guilty by a Sol magistrate, will be sentenced to life incarceration.
NanoTrasen will be awarding 6 members of the crew with the Star of Loyalty, following their successful efforts, at a ceremony this coming Thursday.
17 are believed to have died during the coup.

NanoTrasen's image will forever be haunted by the fact that a mutiny took place on one of its own stations.

We stand shoulder to shoulder my brothers.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: September 08, 2014, 10:50:56 pm »

I finally have internet again, so I can get back to pushing code and playing with you wonderful people.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:23 pm »

Yes, and whitelists (Play for three games and you are listed), and death if you kill FNR.

Bulletsec the way I do it:

Lasers -> Uzis
E-guns -> Removed
Tasers -> Stetchkins
Stun batons -> Telescopic batons
HoP e-gun -> Removed because fuck HoP guns >:(
Captain e-gun -> stetchkin

I throw 9 magazines of ammo for stetchkins in the armory and six in the warden's office.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: September 08, 2014, 11:46:31 pm »

give the hop a pulse rifle

trust me

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18710 on: September 08, 2014, 11:50:54 pm »

hwhat about ions

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18711 on: September 09, 2014, 12:05:16 am »

I agree with the mechanical benefits of bullet security, but it seems thematically wrong to have all of these conventional firearms. I want space guns.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18712 on: September 09, 2014, 12:09:28 am »

I agree with the mechanical benefits of bullet security, but it seems thematically wrong to have all of these conventional firearms. I want space guns.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: September 09, 2014, 01:01:38 am »

hwhat about ions

Ions stay because I know the pain of trying to shoot a cyborg to death, with and without bullets.

The best part about bullet security is the fact it will extremely inconvenience you if you're a fucktard and get shot for it.

Lasers don't give the same amount of "is this worth it? do i really need to make that security guy slam his face into a pile of glass while screaming?"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:05:45 am by Aedel »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18714 on: September 09, 2014, 01:04:19 am »

Did bay really remove summon guns?
And then they call the tg coders hitler. (We added summon events yesterday)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18715 on: September 09, 2014, 01:24:37 am »

The problem is that ballistic weapons would very dangerous in space, unlike lasers, that diffuse apart after some time, bullets don't stop in a vacuum, so if someone shot a bullet into space, it would hit something, somewhere, because it wouldn't stop traveling.

Edit: Yes, I know there are microscopic particles in space, but those wouldn't slow down a bullet much, and it would be more likely it hit something before it stopped.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:31:04 am by Vakothu »

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18716 on: September 09, 2014, 02:15:36 am »

Firing a gun should also cause fires if there is welding fuel or plasma around

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18717 on: September 09, 2014, 02:30:11 am »

The problem is that ballistic weapons would very dangerous in space, unlike lasers, that diffuse apart after some time, bullets don't stop in a vacuum, so if someone shot a bullet into space, it would hit something, somewhere, because it wouldn't stop traveling.

Edit: Yes, I know there are microscopic particles in space, but those wouldn't slow down a bullet much, and it would be more likely it hit something before it stopped.

It's not a problem, because space is HUUUUUUUUGE. And filled with Space Crap, so it's more than likely a bullet would eventually hit a rock. And even then, as far as human structures are concerned, it's a very tiny meteor.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: September 09, 2014, 03:30:11 am »

<selfsnip>

It's not a problem, because space is HUUUUUUUUGE. And filled with Space Crap, so it's more than likely a bullet would eventually hit a rock. And even then, as far as human structures are concerned, it's a very tiny meteor.
Even then, single-use bullets made of metals, over time, are much more expensive then lasers that run off electricity, more-so with the fact that solar panels are so advanced that the four solar arrays can totally and completely power the station if wired into the grid.

TGameCo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18719 on: September 09, 2014, 06:25:12 am »

<selfsnip>

Even then, single-use bullets made of metals, over time, are much more expensive then lasers that run off electricity, more-so with the fact that solar panels are so advanced that the four solar arrays can totally and completely power the station if wired into the grid.

Very Tiny Meteor. Anything moving at that speed could break the International Space Station, or tear through someone's leg, or.... yeah, you get the idea

If you are in space, you should also fly backwards slightly slower than the bullets that came out of your gun. Newton's Laws. (Also, you should be able to walk around outside the shuttle without flying away, but nyah)

'Hang on, I need to set off this EMP... FUCK! MY PACEMAKER!'

Quote from: miauw62
i think humphrey would be a good last name for somebody called Penis.
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 1654