Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124340 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18450 on: August 21, 2014, 03:53:47 pm »

What ever happened to the underwater station idea?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: August 21, 2014, 05:00:25 pm »

You can tell a veteran BS12 player by the way they shudder when you say "atmos on the Luna".
Stairs restricted atmos, didn't they?
And it still lagged to shit.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: August 21, 2014, 06:20:22 pm »

You can tell a veteran BS12 player by the way they shudder when you say "atmos on the Luna".

It wasn't just the atmos, it was powernets flowing between z-levels as well. The whole thing was fucked. It was poorly designed too. Unimportant rooms had tons of empty space, and the important ones were cramped to shit. Maint was cool, for the time. Even the engine was fucky, although it was cool blowing a hole right through the floor.

It was really cool at the time, because there was nothing else like it, but nowadays I wouldn't go near it, even for nostalgia value.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: August 21, 2014, 06:30:05 pm »

It wasn't just the atmos, it was powernets flowing between z-levels as well. The whole thing was fucked. It was poorly designed too. Unimportant rooms had tons of empty space, and the important ones were cramped to shit. Maint was cool, for the time. Even the engine was fucky, although it was cool blowing a hole right through the floor.

It was really cool at the time, because there was nothing else like it, but nowadays I wouldn't go near it, even for nostalgia value.
I value it for the great experiences I had playing there. I hopped off BS12 when traitors became unable to do anything that disrupted RP (AKA, anything involving conflict or interesting things occurring) and thus resulted in the traitor quietly doing their objective and the rest of the round having a tightknit group of players having their own little story while the rest could go swing or SSD.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: August 21, 2014, 09:36:09 pm »

That round. I don't even...

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: August 21, 2014, 09:42:44 pm »

DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH REPORT.

In a joint op with the DoD[1], DoT[2] Death Commandos put Space Station 13[3] and Central Command into martial law after reports of cultist presence. Initial assaults succeeded, with heavy casualties among cultists but at the cost of Bravo and Zulu, a total of six casualties to the DoD. DoT Death Commandos secured four loyalists, but only two were managed to be rescued. On arrival to Central Command, what is believed to be a singularity was formed from bluespace disruptions. This singularity dissipated after killing twenty nine DoT Death Commandos. Station was nuked and all witnesses eliminated. All blame was passed onto Syndicate[4] forces.

[1] Department of Defense. [2] Department of Truth. [3] Former research station, manned by now dead traitors and cultists. [4] Hostile terrorists.

I kinda wanna make one of these for every round. Or at least event.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:48:34 pm by Aedel »
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: August 21, 2014, 09:50:43 pm »

DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH REPORT.

In a joint op with the DoD[1], DoT[2] Death Commandos put Space Station 13[3] and Central Command into martial law after reports of cultist presence. Initial assaults succeeded, with heavy casualties among cultists but at the cost of Bravo and Zulu, a total of six casualties to the DoD. DoT Death Commandos secured four loyalists, but only two were managed to be rescued. On arrival to Central Command, what is believed to be a singularity was formed from bluespace disruptions. This singularity dissipated after killing twenty nine DoT Death Commandos. Station was nuked and all witnesses eliminated. All blame was passed onto Syndicate[4] forces.

[1] Department of Defense. [2] Department of Truth. [3] Former research station, manned by now dead traitors and cultists. [4] Hostile terrorists.

I kinda wanna make one of these for every round. Or at least event.

I̯̙̜ ̲̙̼̱̘̀w̢i̫̦̖̘l̨̠̬̳͍͖l̷͉̝̜͕ͅ ̵r̰̲̫̺̳̩͝èͅtur͔̲͙ṉ̡̝͓̗̜̘

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: August 22, 2014, 01:15:03 am »

Ooh, the RUST engine?  Has it been properly completed?
Also, I found the cause of the problems with the toxin airlocks, and the one tile of the Nuke-Op Ship not going into hyperspace with the rest of it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:19:34 am by Vakothu »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: August 22, 2014, 05:16:55 am »

Paraphrasing Mloc:
"Luna was supposed to be a test station. But then nobody ever made another multi-z station so we stuck with it."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: August 22, 2014, 05:18:30 am »

let's not forget that the entire game was supposed to be an atmosphere test thing 'kay

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: August 22, 2014, 05:22:51 am »

let's not forget that the entire game was supposed to be an atmosphere test thing 'kay

SS13 is basically held together by spit and duct tape references.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TGameCo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: August 22, 2014, 06:20:24 am »

Yes, It was Odd.

'Hang on, I need to set off this EMP... FUCK! MY PACEMAKER!'

Quote from: miauw62
i think humphrey would be a good last name for somebody called Penis.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: August 22, 2014, 10:18:43 am »

Also, I found the cause of the problems with the toxin airlocks, and the one tile of the Nuke-Op Ship not going into hyperspace with the rest of it.

I'm assuming the one tile is just an area derp on my part. What's the issue with the toxin airlock? I could have sworn I fixed it.

Yes, It was Odd.

You missed the end, you missed the monster it turned into.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:37:27 am by Glloyd »

TGameCo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: August 22, 2014, 02:59:41 pm »

Yes, It was Odd.

What Happened? My parents were almost ready to cut off the power to my computer if i didn't get off.

'Hang on, I need to set off this EMP... FUCK! MY PACEMAKER!'

Quote from: miauw62
i think humphrey would be a good last name for somebody called Penis.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: August 22, 2014, 03:17:17 pm »

I'm assuming the one tile is just an area derp on my part. What's the issue with the toxin airlock? I could have sworn I fixed it.

Yes, It was Odd.

Yeah, the one tile is an area derp, but the problem with the toxin airlocks is that the vent, the doors, the sensor, and the control are not on the same frequency.  If I remember correctly, the vent is on frequency 0, the doors on 1449 (or something similar) and the control and sensor on the default.
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1654