Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124270 times)

GiantBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18435 on: August 21, 2014, 01:11:26 pm »

thats gross

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18436 on: August 21, 2014, 01:16:28 pm »

Glloyd == Startoad!
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Damn, they're on to me! Guess I better go disappear forever.

I'd prefer the sprites to look a bit more... SS13y. They look so out of place.
i assumed these are mostly placeholders

Yeah, those are the shitty WIP (I'm assuming) ones that I found in BS12 already. I don't mind the plants and the grass. The plants are just like the ones on the station if you've noticed. I absolutely hate those fucking bushes though, and the water sprites. I'm going to add a few tree types as well, and have a higher chance for larger trees to spawn the deeper in you are, but also have a higher chance for hostile mobs.

giloyd, how much love are you planning to put into this? are you going to touch up the rand() on the pixel vars of plants so they align to the surroundings? automated directional shoreline sprites for water turfs possible? i imagine that last one would require one hell of a startup

Yeah, this was mostly just testing the randomization, as well as loading this separate z-level. So probably yes on the first, I dunno about the second one. I'd love to, but I'm not sure how I'd go about doing it at the moment. I may end up doing it in a similar way to how mining turf overlays work.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18437 on: August 21, 2014, 01:34:01 pm »

I think all of this planet business is absurd and obnoxious. Make another game if you're passionate about it, but tacking on this giant glaring thing that has nothing to do with the fundamentals of the game is terrible.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18438 on: August 21, 2014, 01:39:20 pm »

Not to be a smart ass, but what are the fundamentals?

It's a big space station with some backstory and a priority on research.

That's what I believe them to be at least :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18439 on: August 21, 2014, 01:45:34 pm »

you'd be surprised how much thought goes into things. at least in #coderbus.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18440 on: August 21, 2014, 01:50:00 pm »

Well, for one thing, it's a Space Station (13). Things are happening on the station. Bad people do bad things, not-bad people try to stop them and/or survive. Basically Mafia IN SPACE!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18441 on: August 21, 2014, 02:15:00 pm »

Well, for one thing, it's a Space Station (13). Things are happening on the station. Bad people do bad things, not-bad people try to stop them and/or survive. Basically Mafia IN SPACE!

Not if you ask BS12. Apparently it's "Space Ship 13" Or maybe it's not even 13 anymore. Maybe they renamed space to sposs or something. Who knows.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18442 on: August 21, 2014, 02:17:49 pm »

Not if you ask BS12. Apparently it's "Space Ship 13" Or maybe it's not even 13 anymore. Maybe they renamed space to sposs or something. Who knows.

Well, actually, it used to be, for them. A spaceship, I mean, and many are nostalgic for it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #18443 on: August 21, 2014, 02:18:37 pm »

That would be the roleplaying and other interaction between players, especially, but not necessarily, in relation to antags.

SS13 could play like a text-based MUD for all it's worth, and it'd still be fun. It could be set in a low-fantasy universe with more feudalism and plagues, less SCIENCE and laser guns, and it'd still be fun. It could do away with the jobs and make all of them just pressing a single button, and it'd still be fun, as long as the roleplaying is still there. It could splat a pie at your face whenever you die, just to spite you, and yet I'd still play it and have fun. But if it was just a 2D top-down multiplayer deathmatch shooter set on a space station, it'd get boring fast unless done extremely well.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18444 on: August 21, 2014, 02:22:10 pm »

Well, actually, it used to be, for them. A spaceship, I mean, and many are nostalgic for it.

Well, yes. The Luna was amazing and all, but before that it was still a space station.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18445 on: August 21, 2014, 02:30:24 pm »

The Luna was awesome... in concept. In execution, a terrible laggy mess.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18446 on: August 21, 2014, 02:32:12 pm »

The Luna was awesome... in concept. In execution, a terrible laggy mess.
Vertical z-levels.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:42:23 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18447 on: August 21, 2014, 02:35:24 pm »

You can tell a veteran BS12 player by the way they shudder when you say "atmos on the Luna".

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18448 on: August 21, 2014, 03:12:20 pm »

Hmmm. You know, even if this feature -is- different, it opens up a lot of possibilities.

Like, a station on a planet's surface. Style shuttles to look like bullet trains or something.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18449 on: August 21, 2014, 03:52:35 pm »

Hmmm. You know, even if this feature -is- different, it opens up a lot of possibilities.

Like, a station on a planet's surface. Style shuttles to look like bullet trains or something.

Was already done by BS12. Never took off.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 1654