Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124102 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18405 on: August 19, 2014, 04:49:40 pm »

Okay, so I have a question with regards to our AI's and other silicons. Namely because the assorted wikis have contradictory information and it looks like its more of a 'server preference' than a hard and fast rule of SS13, but I digress.

For the laws, are silicons expected to respond as if the laws are ordered by priority, or with no preference? Or is it up to the player which style they prefer?

I ask because I have contradictory information about it, and I actually see an admin complaint that basically hinges on this distinction. BS12 has their AI's listed has having a preferrential rule set (probably because it is much less restrictive to the player controlling the AI and allows for more !!Fun!!), while /TG/'s wiki has it listed as being strictly ordered by priority.
BS12 allows fun? That's news to me.

They did branch off from Bay12 years ago though.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18406 on: August 19, 2014, 07:35:54 pm »

Okay, so I have a question with regards to our AI's and other silicons. Namely because the assorted wikis have contradictory information and it looks like its more of a 'server preference' than a hard and fast rule of SS13, but I digress.

For the laws, are silicons expected to respond as if the laws are ordered by priority, or with no preference? Or is it up to the player which style they prefer?

I ask because I have contradictory information about it, and I actually see an admin complaint that basically hinges on this distinction. BS12 has their AI's listed has having a preferrential rule set (probably because it is much less restrictive to the player controlling the AI and allows for more !!Fun!!), while /TG/'s wiki has it listed as being strictly ordered by priority.
BS12 allows fun? That's news to me.
The Admins are your friend. We want you to have fun. Fun is mandatory. Failure to have fun is griefing. Griefing is punishable by the banhammer.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18407 on: August 19, 2014, 07:39:14 pm »

I was Orpheus Ironmonger, Cultist Head of Personnel.

Let's just say the end of the round looked like a horror movie.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18408 on: August 19, 2014, 09:10:06 pm »

So I was on git, and I noticed that I've pushed 167 commits in the last month. While that's not the best indicator of progress, it still is an indicator of progress. I'm pretty happy with that.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18409 on: August 19, 2014, 09:57:39 pm »

Spawn gear for cultists because one sacrificed themselves to power others.

Nobody notices the gear suddenly appearing beneath peoples' feet.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #18410 on: August 19, 2014, 10:01:22 pm »

Server has been updated and is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #18411 on: August 20, 2014, 05:31:37 am »

'Twas a quiet round with skeleton crew, so I decided to crack the safe in the vault. And what do you know, I succeeded. Has anyone else done it?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18412 on: August 20, 2014, 06:10:10 am »

I was Orpheus Ironmonger, Cultist Head of Personnel.

Let's just say the end of the round looked like a horror movie.

Oh, so that was you! We were fucked by the fact that there were only the two of us, if we want to keep Cult at this pop minimum it needs to be re-coded so that you can get more than one word or something.

Also, I tried to pin the occult activities on the Chaplain by summoning a tome and leaving it on the altar, but he walked in on it. Right the second I've thrown the tome. So I stun-talisman'd him and proceeded to choke him. Only for ANOTHER person to walk in on it. And then the medbay... Fun times.

'Twas a quiet round with skeleton crew, so I decided to crack the safe in the vault. And what do you know, I succeeded. Has anyone else done it?

Yep.

E: Hallelujah, dead people can vote now. Also, Hulk was changed, arguably nerfed (IMO, not really).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:28:36 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18413 on: August 20, 2014, 08:17:54 am »

And then the medbay... Fun times.

Yeah, sort of. :P I stunned Asher Bailey and handcuffed him, and the CMO was flipping out on me. "Not her! The other one! Sue Mey! What are you, incompetent?"

"No. Just evil."

Proceed to stun the CMO, and Sue Mey, a Wraith, and I beat him to death in seconds. Then we murdered Asher and sharded both of them. I think there might have been someone else in Medbay too. Can't recall. By the end of the round, the whole station was covered in bloody footprints, with half the lights out, dead bodies everywhere, psychotically insane cultists and paranoid, jumpy loyalist crew roaming the halls. Basically, it was a regular Tuesday.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18414 on: August 20, 2014, 11:01:29 am »

And then the medbay... Fun times.

Yeah, sort of. :P I stunned Asher Bailey and handcuffed him, and the CMO was flipping out on me. "Not her! The other one! Sue Mey! What are you, incompetent?"

"No. Just evil."

Proceed to stun the CMO, and Sue Mey, a Wraith, and I beat him to death in seconds. Then we murdered Asher and sharded both of them. I think there might have been someone else in Medbay too. Can't recall. By the end of the round, the whole station was covered in bloody footprints, with half the lights out, dead bodies everywhere, psychotically insane cultists and paranoid, jumpy loyalist crew roaming the halls. Basically, it was a regular Tuesday.

Oh yeah, that's what set it off. CMO suspected you, so did the other two people present, so once I saw you get the CMO, I used my Backofthespacetruck brand captain's laser gun (how did it got there, and the dead sec officer? Was that you?).

Pity, though, that I got intercepted by a medical borg while kidnapping the Detective earlier. Without that, I wouldn't have used up a paper charge on EMP and I could have upgraded that Wraith.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #18415 on: August 20, 2014, 01:11:02 pm »

Did it die?
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18416 on: August 20, 2014, 01:38:06 pm »

Did it die?

It does seem to be dead.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18417 on: August 20, 2014, 01:46:11 pm »

I just played the greatest detective round I think I'll ever have on SS13. I'll get to typing it out, but its quite the long story.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18418 on: August 20, 2014, 02:29:29 pm »

Did it die?

It does seem to be dead.

Yep, server is dead to make it clear.

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18419 on: August 20, 2014, 02:51:09 pm »

someone make it undead! I wanna play spessmans before I go to work!
Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230 ... 1654