Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2124148 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18390 on: August 19, 2014, 11:23:54 am »

Without a simulated atmosphere, that should cut down on the load, right?

A good deal, yeah.

Apparently Startoad did some creepy stuff with asking pics from an underage member of NT or something and got shood away. He's basically a boogeyman, all servers have some sort of experience with him. (he even tried to copy cogstation, and did so VERY badly. Hilariously badly, even)

Also his JO13 BS got him shamed away from /tg/. JO13 was crashy as fuck and ran like shit, and he forcibly removed the admin permissions system and insisted to divide admins into admins that can ban and admins that can host events, never both.

What a shitheel.

Yeah, I remember the whole JO13 thing very well. I played on there once, and everything was just a mess. I found his SVN repo at some point last year, the thing doesn't even compile, and it seems like there's a lot of stolen goon code and icons scattered throughout (and a lot of really shit code too).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:26:32 am by Glloyd »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18391 on: August 19, 2014, 01:46:49 pm »

Without a simulated atmosphere, that should cut down on the load, right?

A good deal, yeah.

Apparently Startoad did some creepy stuff with asking pics from an underage member of NT or something and got shood away. He's basically a boogeyman, all servers have some sort of experience with him. (he even tried to copy cogstation, and did so VERY badly. Hilariously badly, even)

Also his JO13 BS got him shamed away from /tg/. JO13 was crashy as fuck and ran like shit, and he forcibly removed the admin permissions system and insisted to divide admins into admins that can ban and admins that can host events, never both.

What a shitheel.

Yeah, I remember the whole JO13 thing very well. I played on there once, and everything was just a mess. I found his SVN repo at some point last year, the thing doesn't even compile, and it seems like there's a lot of stolen goon code and icons scattered throughout (and a lot of really shit code too).

Just wondering, how would the turfs work? It would be kinda odd if you could crowbar them off with floor tiles, and how would the layering work? (Sorta like a station has lattice, plating, floortile) How would the turf react with bombs? The idea sounds very fun though, especially hunter. Sorta like a high-risk gateway expedition but an actual job.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18392 on: August 19, 2014, 01:58:31 pm »

I think a Grass - Dirt - Stone - Granite system would make sense, with each one giving a different material. Plus, it would mean that bombs would make craters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18393 on: August 19, 2014, 02:10:48 pm »

how the fuck do you guys expect me to build an outpost in the middle of a hostile jungle using unsimulated tiles

you don't

and that is terrible

kick atmos out if you need, handwave light as being tidally locked with the sun or whatever, but give me my cozy bases

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18394 on: August 19, 2014, 02:36:16 pm »

Do antags work like BS12 here or /tg/? Always hated BS12's antag stuff.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18395 on: August 19, 2014, 02:38:53 pm »

Do antags work like BS12 here or /tg/? Always hated BS12's antag stuff.

BS12, objectiveless.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18396 on: August 19, 2014, 02:41:41 pm »

Just wondering, how would the turfs work? It would be kinda odd if you could crowbar them off with floor tiles, and how would the layering work? (Sorta like a station has lattice, plating, floortile) How would the turf react with bombs? The idea sounds very fun though, especially hunter. Sorta like a high-risk gateway expedition but an actual job.

Think CentComm turfs.

how the fuck do you guys expect me to build an outpost in the middle of a hostile jungle using unsimulated tiles

you don't

and that is terrible

kick atmos out if you need, handwave light as being tidally locked with the sun or whatever, but give me my cozy bases

Actually, lighting is done by areas. So if the area has lighting_use_dynamic = 1 or whatever it is, then it uses lighting. There's also an option to power it. Turfs just handle airflow So cozy bases are still a possibility~

I was thinking of having the "clearing" where the base is be "sunny" (not require light) but have the dense jungle be dark, so you would need to bring a lantern along, or craft a torch or summat to be able to see.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18397 on: August 19, 2014, 02:54:38 pm »

To make sure before I do it, would it be frowned upon to request/make a case for jobbanning someone in this thread?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #18398 on: August 19, 2014, 03:00:22 pm »

To make sure before I do it, would it be frowned upon to request/make a case for jobbanning someone in this thread?
Probably. You should discuss such matters privately with the admins, whether by PM on the forums or the "adminhelp" verb in-game.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18399 on: August 19, 2014, 03:01:17 pm »

http://uristmcstation.forumotion.com/

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18400 on: August 19, 2014, 03:31:24 pm »

Thanks, done.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18401 on: August 19, 2014, 03:33:46 pm »

Okay, so I have a question with regards to our AI's and other silicons. Namely because the assorted wikis have contradictory information and it looks like its more of a 'server preference' than a hard and fast rule of SS13, but I digress.

For the laws, are silicons expected to respond as if the laws are ordered by priority, or with no preference? Or is it up to the player which style they prefer?

I ask because I have contradictory information about it, and I actually see an admin complaint that basically hinges on this distinction. BS12 has their AI's listed has having a preferrential rule set (probably because it is much less restrictive to the player controlling the AI and allows for more !!Fun!!), while /TG/'s wiki has it listed as being strictly ordered by priority.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18402 on: August 19, 2014, 03:47:49 pm »

Our rule is that it is preferential unless the law states otherwise, like Asimov.

Dack_Janiels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18403 on: August 19, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »

Put velociraptors on that fukken planet, I want to live out my childhood fantasy of being Muldoon from Jurassic Park

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: August 19, 2014, 04:46:49 pm »

Okay, so I have a question with regards to our AI's and other silicons. Namely because the assorted wikis have contradictory information and it looks like its more of a 'server preference' than a hard and fast rule of SS13, but I digress.

For the laws, are silicons expected to respond as if the laws are ordered by priority, or with no preference? Or is it up to the player which style they prefer?

I ask because I have contradictory information about it, and I actually see an admin complaint that basically hinges on this distinction. BS12 has their AI's listed has having a preferrential rule set (probably because it is much less restrictive to the player controlling the AI and allows for more !!Fun!!), while /TG/'s wiki has it listed as being strictly ordered by priority.
BS12 allows fun? That's news to me.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 1654