Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2122268 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #18090 on: August 10, 2014, 12:45:59 pm »

It already takes a second or two to cuff doesn't it? I would guess it taking longer would just make it so officers will give the people they are cuffing a extra prod or two first the stun batton first to make sure they don't run outa time.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18091 on: August 10, 2014, 12:47:17 pm »

Yeah, reason why I was confused why it ever needed to be nerfed.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18092 on: August 10, 2014, 12:49:00 pm »

BS12 apparently had a problem of people running up and cuffing people while tanking blows.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: August 10, 2014, 12:51:08 pm »

nerf just about every weapon

wonder why weapons are useless

stay classy baystation

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: August 10, 2014, 12:51:32 pm »

Tanking blows? You can just take a step to cancel the cuffing can't you? As long as you don't stay stock still in a fight I'm pretty sure you can't be cuffed.

Well, maybe it's changed since I last tried. Who knows.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18095 on: August 10, 2014, 12:54:51 pm »

It takes a second to aggressive grab if they aren't running. As far as I can see, all this prevents is you cuffing someone in the middle of a fight.

It also makes cuffing a two-handed action, one to grab, one to cuff. So no more stunbaton-cuff combo.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18096 on: August 10, 2014, 12:55:09 pm »

More than once I've been cuffed by stepping back then returning to the tile I was on before the handcuff timer finished and got cuffed anyway. Handcuffs are extremely weird sometimes. Moving to other tiles should stop it, though.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18097 on: August 10, 2014, 01:49:30 pm »

More than once I've been cuffed by stepping back then returning to the tile I was on before the handcuff timer finished and got cuffed anyway. Handcuffs are extremely weird sometimes. Moving to other tiles should stop it, though.

This might have something to do with BYOND lag on interactions. To give an even weirder example, you can aggressive grab someone and throw them even if they are already like 5 tiles away from you, as long as the aggressive grab "item" is still in your hand.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18098 on: August 10, 2014, 02:32:28 pm »

Batons are still 1hitinstawinnomatterwhat sticks.

Lovely.
You mean the stun batons that are there to end fights as quickly as possible with minimal harm?
Yes they are.
Because it totally makes sense for a Nuke Op to be taken down through their MILITARY GRADE ARMOR with a simple stun baton.
Totally.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: August 10, 2014, 02:45:39 pm »

This might have something to do with BYOND lag on interactions. To give an even weirder example, you can aggressive grab someone and throw them even if they are already like 5 tiles away from you, as long as the aggressive grab "item" is still in your hand.
Lol, it's not related to lag. It's just related to the fact how do_after() works.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18100 on: August 10, 2014, 03:01:10 pm »

Lovely.
You mean the stun batons that are there to end fights as quickly as possible with minimal harm?
Yes they are.
Because it totally makes sense for a Nuke Op to be taken down through their MILITARY GRADE ARMOR with a simple stun baton.
Totally.
Well, sarcasm aside, yeah that doesn't make sense. But you can turn it around, it's pretty much far more common for stun batons to be used on people with no protection whatsoever. It makes even less sense for a nakket dude to be able to tank a few taser shots to the gonads, and that's (in my experience) a more likely scenario then nuke ops.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: August 10, 2014, 03:02:27 pm »

The nerf, I believe, was for Nuke Hardsuits and Cult Armor only.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: August 10, 2014, 03:05:44 pm »

The nerf, I believe, was for Nuke Hardsuits and Cult Armor only.

No, it's for all armor. All armor gives halloss protection, and therefor baton softening.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: August 10, 2014, 05:10:33 pm »

Lovely.

edit

>can't stun on harm baton
>baton still 1hitwins on every other intent

God damn it Glloyd you got the bad and good parts mixed up.

Corai, I didn't touch batons at all. That was all BS12.

As for the aggressive grab nonsense, if people dislike it, I'll revert it when it gets to us. It seems pretty dumb.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: August 10, 2014, 05:34:51 pm »

They're saying handcuffs will require you to be aggressively grabbing your foe before cuffing.

That sounds really stupid. The interface is clunky enough as it is. Somehow I think this is going to make cuffing a lot harder than it needs to be.
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 1654