Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2117760 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #17310 on: June 10, 2014, 06:12:53 pm »

IPC's!?

Brb, sacrificing goats to Glloyd
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17311 on: June 10, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »

Son of a BITCH I hate dream maker. It's suddenly decided to corrupt my station file half the time I save it and I have no clue how to fix it... I have a few backups, but I would rather not lose a bunch of progress. It simply fails to load any time I open it. Any ideas?

bawr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17312 on: June 11, 2014, 02:14:16 am »

PTW

Liction

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: June 11, 2014, 03:10:23 am »

Is there some sort of resource that is coherent, about the process in which a person would make a map? The wiki seems outdated and doesn't go into specifics about spawn points, shuttle areas and special objects. I really want to take a wack at it and i have a general idea of what i think im going to do.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17314 on: June 11, 2014, 06:57:41 am »

Map making is not very common, really. We have a lot of coders, a bunch of spriters but only like three or four mappers, most of which also do coding/spriting. Mainly due to maps being compiled into the .dme, which makes map management a PITA.
This causes a lack of mapping resources. Just ask in coderbus.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:59:15 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: June 11, 2014, 07:18:30 am »

server is updated and back up.  It is also running on the current version of byond, so some of you may need to update your own.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: June 11, 2014, 08:06:55 am »

IPCs?

International Pissing Contests?

I dunno what the hell an IPC is.

Humanoid robots that acts as a player race, not a bot. Androids, basically.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: June 11, 2014, 09:30:42 am »

So...
When I used a red crayon to turn a blue bedsheet red, when I made a bandana out of that, it reverted to blue.
Rolling bandanas up also seems to delete the item sprite and the on-char sprite.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: June 11, 2014, 10:23:51 am »

So...
When I used a red crayon to turn a blue bedsheet red, when I made a bandana out of that, it reverted to blue.
Rolling bandanas up also seems to delete the item sprite and the on-char sprite.

It was a last-minute hackup due to Glloyd losing his work, he promised to come back to work on them later.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: June 11, 2014, 10:32:18 am »

Also, where are all the new clothes? I've only found a new nurse's outfit and the new RD outfit.
My tumblr.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: June 11, 2014, 01:34:19 pm »

MORE THINGS

- The RUST compressor is bugged. When the frame is affixed to a wall, it turns into a fuel assembly port instead of a compressor.
- Hydrogen, chlorine, phosphorus, and plasma field-requiring xenoarch artifacts do not exist in-game, only CO2, iron, mercury, potassium, and nitrogen.
My tumblr.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: June 11, 2014, 02:28:16 pm »

Son of a BITCH I hate dream maker. It's suddenly decided to corrupt my station file half the time I save it and I have no clue how to fix it... I have a few backups, but I would rather not lose a bunch of progress. It simply fails to load any time I open it. Any ideas?
No idea, happened to me a while back.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #17322 on: June 11, 2014, 04:19:27 pm »

I PM'd you, I've pretty much had every mapping issue ever happen, so I'll give you a hand.

Is there some sort of resource that is coherent, about the process in which a person would make a map? The wiki seems outdated and doesn't go into specifics about spawn points, shuttle areas and special objects. I really want to take a wack at it and i have a general idea of what i think im going to do.

Take a look at the already existing maps for a good start. I can give some help, see above :P

Metacide from /tg/ is also a good person to ask. I can't think of anyone else who's done as much mapping as the two of us in recent times. J/L can probably help with some things. But the best way to learn is to go in and tinker with an existing map.

So...

Yeah, that's due to the way the item color is handled. I'm going back to it soon to clean it up. As for rolling up, look closely, it's only a couple pixels thick. Brighter colours stand out better than white or something.

MORE THINGS

- The RUST compressor is bugged. When the frame is affixed to a wall, it turns into a fuel assembly port instead of a compressor.
- Hydrogen, chlorine, phosphorus, and plasma field-requiring xenoarch artifacts do not exist in-game, only CO2, iron, mercury, potassium, and nitrogen.

Go here for those: https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystation12/issues/new
Make a separate issue for both.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: June 11, 2014, 05:44:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also Glloyd why is Vox Armalis a playable species. Why.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: June 11, 2014, 06:16:15 pm »

Did it die?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1654